News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20 Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
damn, we've never been good against the bruins. and we're riding a 7 game losing streak against them as well.
We match up so poorly against them...and it seems like they've had the same team for the past 10 years. They're more skilled than us and they're more disciplined in keeping us to the outside. No opportunities whatsoever to counter-punch and do what we did to the Lightning the other day. They seem to always beat us on the ice and on the scoreboard.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
We match up so poorly against them...and it seems like they've had the same team for the past 10 years. They're more skilled than us and they're more disciplined in keeping us to the outside. No opportunities whatsoever to counter-punch and do what we did to the Lightning the other day. They seem to always beat us on the ice and on the scoreboard.
One thing I noticed about the Bs last night is that they came out flying and attacking the puck carrier almost instantaneously. As soon as anyone on WAS had the puck, a B was right there. BUT - seems like they got a little tired as the game wore on, and weren’t as persistent.
So when Isles play the Bs, I think they’ll have to remain patient and play Isles hockey. Hopefully it’ll pay off later in the game.

Reactions: dood

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
we had some real bad runs vs ottawa. at one point from 2/12/96-11/30/02 we went 1-20-7-1 (OTL) against them. I know ottawa was good during that time, but i cant even wrap my head around that. 10 points in 29 games. oof.

Isles were also abysmal for much of that stretch.

Reactions: dood

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
Isles were also abysmal for much of that stretch.

this is true. I started to notice we had a lot of bad runs with the teams we frequently played during that time. There was an 0-18-3 stretch against the caps too.

it was a long time ago, I guess I’m starting to forget how bad they were back then.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
He’s not the player he once was but he wants out of Buffalo.

I could see him going to MTL or TOR if BUF retains salary and takes some back.

Last edited:

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Now that the Rags beat the Sharks, another team bypassing that northern trash can organization with games in hand. PJB's legacy is really going to be ugly. To have your former team instantly get better the season you leave and you almost single-handedly slam shut their contender window is quite the gorilla on the local boy's back

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
CDH on the IR with a shoulder injury. He's a such a great D man, real shame; he's been the Hawks' best D man, by far. If he were injury-free he'd be awesome on the 2nd pair. Moves Toews to the 3rd; Leddy trade bait. Stacked.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
On ice for three of the goals against. Also sounds familiar.
This post deserves a Mr. Miyagi.
200.gif

Reactions: SteveH124
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad