News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20 Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

"They ****ed up so bad and couldn't score 1 goal on a 5-on-3?

Tavares on a break away...

What the **** did we pay all this money for?"

**** the leafs. They should never have made JT captain. He skates slow so everyone else thinks it means they don’t have to go 100% cause their captains 100% is like their 60%

Took Lou a year and a half to rid this organization of it's loser mentality. Took Dubas a year and a half to bring it back.

Keefs defensive system and Dubas' d corps are pure garbage.

Must be a **** team when your captain leads the collapse with all those goals against and missed breakaways.

How could I be so blind. This is Andy’s fault. The team tried so hard in front of him.

JT’s too nice to tell 34/88/18/24/15 to “get their **** together”. Just look at how SJ broke their second round barrier after they stripped Jumbo of the C

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
Leafs fans are hilarious blaming the coaching staff when they have a GM who thinks he is running a fantasy team. They overpaid for a few forwards, have a starting goalie who doesn’t want to start 60-65 games per year and don’t bring in at least a serviceable backup, and have no money for defense. What did they expect to happen?

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Leafs fans are hilarious blaming the coaching staff when they have a GM who thinks he is running a fantasy team. They overpaid for a few forwards, have a starting goalie who doesn’t want to start 60-65 games per year and don’t bring in at least a serviceable backup, and have no money for defense. What did they expect to happen?

They expect a Cup... puhahaha.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
"They ****ed up so bad and couldn't score 1 goal on a 5-on-3?

Tavares on a break away...

What the **** did we pay all this money for?"

**** the leafs. They should never have made JT captain. He skates slow so everyone else thinks it means they don’t have to go 100% cause their captains 100% is like their 60%

Took Lou a year and a half to rid this organization of it's loser mentality. Took Dubas a year and a half to bring it back.

Keefs defensive system and Dubas' d corps are pure garbage.

Must be a **** team when your captain leads the collapse with all those goals against and missed breakaways.

How could I be so blind. This is Andy’s fault. The team tried so hard in front of him.

JT’s too nice to tell 34/88/18/24/15 to “get their **** together”. Just look at how SJ broke their second round barrier after they stripped Jumbo of the C
Good morning Leafs Nation :laugh::laugh::laugh:

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Just watched the highlights of that Leafs game... Well, the highlights had all the good and bad of John Tavares, didn't it? He's still puck-watching (instead of getting his man) in the defensive zone. It's kind of crazy how much better Barzal is at 22 defensively, already.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Just watched the highlights of that Leafs game... Well, the highlights had all the good and bad of John Tavares, didn't it? He's still puck-watching (instead of getting his man) in the defensive zone. It's kind of crazy how much better Barzal is at 22 defensively, already.

Defence doesn’t show up in the spreadsheets so I don’t think it’s a focus of the Leafs.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
In addition to being lazy in back checking on the first goal, he seems to float to the boards and extend unnecessarily on Gaudreau's goal. I can't help but think that that move was exactly counter to everything that Trotz's teaches. He chases the puck to the boards and leaves the high slot wide open - exactly where he should have been. At least where I think he should have been.

Also, is Anderson known for having a suspect glove? It may just be one game, but I think he got beat 3 or 4x glove side.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
In addition to being lazy in back checking on the first goal, he seems to float to the boards and extend unnecessarily on Gaudreau's goal. I can't help but think that that move was exactly counter to everything that Trotz's teaches. He chases the puck to the boards and leaves the high slot wide open - exactly where he should have been. At least where I think he should have been.

Also, is Anderson known for having a suspect glove? It may just be one game, but I think he got beat 3 or 4x glove side.

His game looks like it belongs more on the wing rather than at center at this point.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
In addition to being lazy in back checking on the first goal, he seems to float to the boards and extend unnecessarily on Gaudreau's goal. I can't help but think that that move was exactly counter to everything that Trotz's teaches. He chases the puck to the boards and leaves the high slot wide open - exactly where he should have been. At least where I think he should have been..

I don't know that he should have been at the high slot, but I think he should definitely not let the puck get to the high slot. In other words, he should look at the players around the puck, see he's going to get beat, and take away the passing lane. But his focus was only on the puck. And yeah, I think that's precisely what Trotz teaches *not* to do.

His game looks like it belongs more on the wing rather than at center at this point.

Wing/center doesn't matter as much anymore. Regardless of position, he had the wrong priorities.

The Real JT

In Lou We Trust: Just kidding
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Here's an oldie but a goodie.

images.jpg

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Thought this was pretty funny on the Leafs thread about Dubas:

"This bashing of Petan is baffling, considering he's been arguably our best 4th line guy all year other than Spezza and maybe Engvall."

I wonder if the poster eventually gets it.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
To have your former team instantly get better the season you leave and you almost single-handedly slam shut their contender window is quite the gorilla on the local boy's back
About now Tavares must be realizing that he fell for a line of **** during Dubas' sales job at his agent's office in June 2018....

1024x768-snake-oil-salesman.jpg

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Kovalchuk is going to have his contract terminated but still wants to play in the NHL.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
He’s not the player he once was but he wants out of Buffalo.

I could see him going to MTL or TOR if BUF retains salary and takes some back.

Botts could certainly make up for all his idiocy by suckering either of those teams to take the ebola virus of defensemen Bogo. Seriously, he's Brian Strait level terrible at this point. The trade people think will happen is him to the Pens for Chucky because it's two players neither team wants with similar expiring contracts so it works cap wise.

Reactions: SteveH124
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->