News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20 Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Flair19Woo

Nov 10, 2006
Don’t forget we missed out Bigly on Gusev. Not saying he’s never gonna pan out, but I don’t feel like the isles missed out on that $9 million deal.

Reactions: Riseonfire

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Continue here...

Previous thread: News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20 Pt. II

Last post:

PK Cronin
Subban has really fallen off. He used to be a workhorse and could put up a lot of points. The Devils goaltending is atrocious and was a big reason why I didn't think they'd be as good as some experts were predicting. Schneider can't stay healthy and can't make a save these days.

Schneider is done in NHL, no? Was he waived and sent to AHL, ala Ladd style?

Reactions: Riseonfire

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I am sitting in jiffy lube and the love guru is on tv. The leafs never deserve success for as long as I live for making me sit through this trash.

Only time they should get to see a championship is through this movie.

Reactions: nyisles and Hunn

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Schneider is done in NHL, no? Was he waived and sent to AHL, ala Ladd style?

Yeah, he was waived a week or two ago. Their other goalie depth beyond him was Blackwood and Kinkaid at one point, not exactly deep at the position.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Include Christopher Gibson in a deal for Taylor Hall?

Realistically, it would probably be Greiss + B prosect for Taylor Hall. If we weren't winning, we'd do this in a heartbeat, but as it looks, we are probably going to let Greiss walk (unless, Sorokin says he's not coming).

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I'm watching the ARI/LA game..wow...that arena is empty...must be a huge snowstorm in the LA area :huh:

Reactions: MJF

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Perusing the internets, I've gotta say the thing I will be most thankful for on Thanksgiving will be that the game of ice hockey was able to survive long enough to enable Sheldon Keefe to finally arrive to save it. :help:

That's because as the Leafs go, so does the NHL!

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Leafs score 30 seconds into game...

Fire Mike Bab....wait must be some other old guy to blame, not these players or Shelly

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
And then 4 unanswered from them. They look pretty good for these 4 periods.

I dont think this is coming as a surprise to anyone. Still got that new coach smell. Coaches will adjust their game plans, heavy team will continue to pummel them and unless Anderson is gonna play 70 games, they still have an AHL level backups and Anderson will go into the playoffs exhausted.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I dont think this is coming as a surprise to anyone. Still got that new coach smell. Coaches will adjust their game plans, heavy team will continue to pummel them and unless Anderson is gonna play 70 games, they still have an AHL level backups and Anderson will go into the playoffs exhausted.

Dead Cat Bounce... we saw the same thing when Doug Weight took over for that half season.

Still a very flawed team, enough offensive talent to beat scrub and other fraudulent teams like Colorado tonight. Play a legit team though and it won't be pretty.

I hope they squeak into a WC spot so we can dispatch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad