News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20 Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Yes. It was brutal.

Lee tied it off a faceoff play with like 12 seconds left completing the comeback to tie it. The fourth line messed up trying to score with a few seconds left instead of just tying the puck up and going to OT (a point would've clinched a playoff spot). It go passed up the wall and Halak whiffed on a shot from the red/blue line on the wall to lose the game. That was probably the most devastating regular season loss I've ever seen live.
Cost us home ice, and I swear that team was the most unappreciated team in the NHL in the entire decade. We could have had magic that year, but that happened and all those injuries on defense.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Pens win again, OT in Colorado. Team decimated with injuries the whole year and to legit stars don't lose. They are having one of those magical seasons and hard pressed to think Sullivan not getting Coach of the Year.

I think I'm honestly more nervous about them than the Caps. If Crosby comes back to his standard, they are gonna be a monster to defeat on a series.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Somebody was wondering not too long ago, and speculating that the Isles were the only good team to do this, about good teams losing to bad teams. Boston has lost to miserable teams five times this season, so the Isles aren't alone.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Pens win again, OT in Colorado. Team decimated with injuries the whole year and to legit stars don't lose. They are having one of those magical seasons and hard pressed to think Sullivan not getting Coach of the Year.

I think I'm honestly more nervous about them than the Caps. If Crosby comes back to his standard, they are gonna be a monster to defeat on a series.

I wonder if Crosby and the other guys could disrupt the rhythm, as crazy as that may sound.

thegoldenyear

RIP Mike Bossy
May 13, 2013
Toronto
I wonder if Crosby and the other guys could disrupt the rhythm, as crazy as that may sound.

Or, would it be more like Gretz ‘92-‘93, sitting out until (IIRC) mid-January, somewhat stinking up the joint while working out the kinks (at one early point he had like two goals over about 15-17 games), but being in stunning form come April.

That’s what I’m fretting about: rested, late-prime Sid absolutely torching whoever he gets in R1. If it’s us I sure as hell hope for four home games at Nassau and a scoring winger. (And Murray playing like 2013 MAF.) Seriously, Pitt scares me hugely.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
It is highly possible that 5 Metro teams will all make post season this year and one of them may just surprisingly knock Caps out of 1st round. Wonder which team would this be? Also Rags is heating up & may surprise in the 2nd half.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
"We'll see what happens, but I've been taking discounts my whole life," Lehner said. "I'm not a guy who wants to be overpaid either. I want to gain some respect that I think I deserve. We'll see if that happens or not. We'll see what happens."

And he's absolutely right. The way he was treated by Lou, I would be surprised if he would ever consider a return to the Isles.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
It is highly possible that 5 Metro teams will all make post season this year and one of them may just surprisingly knock Caps out of 1st round. Wonder which team would this be? Also Rags is heating up & may surprise in the 2nd half.

It’s a lock that WSH PIT NYI CAR are in. Only question is does PHI make it. It probably comes down to who has better goaltending, FLA or them. If Bob finds it florida probably gets in. I still believe everyone below that is done. CBJ’s advanced stats argue they are much worse than their record and NYR struggles to win games when they go through stretches where their offense sputters.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
It’s a lock that WSH PIT NYI CAR are in. Only question is does PHI make it. It probably comes down to who has better goaltending, FLA or them. If Bob finds it florida probably gets in. I still believe everyone below that is done. CBJ’s advanced stats argue they are much worse than their record and NYR struggles to win games when they go through stretches where their offense sputters.

Remember that our advanced stats argue a very similar thing, and Columbus does have Tortorella who is similar to Trotz with a defense first mentality. The question will be whether the Rangers or Blue Jackets decide to be sellers at the deadline (if they have anything to sell). Both probably should.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
This team is not a lock yet IMO.

First 20: 16-3-1
Next 20: 9-9-2
2-0 is a good start but lets see where we are Feb 1. This crucial stretch of 7 games against the East will tell us a lot.
20-20 record will take them to 97 points. Neither of PHI, FLA, CBJ are on this point pace as of now.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

If it comes down to Fl or Philly for the final spot. I hope Fl gets it.

I don't dislike Panther players and fans, nearly as much as I dislike Flyer players and fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad