News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2018-19 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I didn't want any part of Grubrauer. Didn't believe the hype, especially after that lack luster playoff series.

You were right.

He was pretty high on my wishlist. Gotta breathe a sigh of relief now , that Washington tied Orpik to a Grubrauer trade and found a western conference buyer.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Anddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd Bobrovsky is under fire again in Columbus. This time not even getting dressed for tonight's game.

This just guaranteed Lehner a 3 or 4 year deal here. No way Lou signs a guy that has behavior issues.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Avs fans are unhappy with Grubrauer .
I remember being disappointed the isles lost out on Grubrauer.

I thought the Avs pulled off a steal by getting him for a 2nd and taking on a cap dump they would buyout.

I was pretty upset not getting him. I thought he was going to be a big time starter.

Guess they will be working on re-signing Varly.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Anddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd Bobrovsky is under fire again in Columbus. This time not even getting dressed for tonight's game.

This just guaranteed Lehner a 3 or 4 year deal here. No way Lou signs a guy that has behavior issues.

To be fair we don't know what happened. Not only that but it became public that Bobrovsky wasn't happy after the season started. Columbus chose to go down this path. I don't think Lou doesn't want him now because of this. If he doesn't want him anymore it's because Lehner's play changed his mind.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

What's the issue?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

I thought the Avs pulled off a steal by getting him for a 2nd and taking on a cap dump they would buyout.
I’m delighted we didn’t end up with him. Wanted no part of Grubauer after I saw him shit the bed in the playoffs.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I was pretty upset not getting him. I thought he was going to be a big time starter.

Guess they will be working on re-signing Varly.

Going into the draft, I did not want Lou giving up the 12th or 11th overall for him,but I would have been pleased with landing him for the 2nd rounder+ sweetener
I would even have been ok with Grubrauer +Caps 1st for 12th overall.

Scouts were saying there was deep talent in the top 60 projected picks.

Reactions: BTrotts19

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

I was ECSTATIC when the Aves made that trade. That was a relief.

The Isles-must-want-Grubauer-and-should-be-ready-to-part-with-1st-rounders-for-him attitude across the Internet was driving me insane, even if I could FULLY understand why Caps fans were pushing that narrative.

Also, how people were making the "Lou got Schneider and Andersen, so he MUST want Grubauer" connection, I'll never know. Philipp was never near being at the prospect status those two were at when they were acquired and heck, Andersen already had 30-win season under his belt.

Any true analysis of Grubauer through last season results in that there's little reason to believe he's ever going to be a top-flight starter in this league.

As such, his play for the Aves to date isn't surprising.

But hey, that's just me... I had hoped Lou would simply sign Bernier or Lehner rather than dish out assets for decent back-up with an unproven starter status.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Yikes. Wonder if this costs him some money? Don’t know what he did but never a good thing to have your club release a statement like this.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Yikes. Wonder if this costs him some money? Don’t know what he did but never a good thing to have your club release a statement like this.

Snow would have sent him to the minors today.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
Ryan strome playing well recently with the Rangers. He just scored. Rags up 1-0. 7 goals on the season for R. Strome.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Ryan strome playing well recently with the Rangers. He just scored. Rags up 1-0. 7 goals on the season for R. Strome.

The talent and skill is in there somewhere. Too bad he didn’t have a coach like Trotz. After is awesome 50pt season he just gave up.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Never been there or anything, but it's a College bar right down the street from the Coli/Hofstra. It's closed, but it has some history.

It's more about de Haan getting it during his time as an Isle... unlike that robot *****ebag.

I went Hofstra at the end of the 80's and it was the footbalk's team bar and it could get pretty rowdy and it was a dump. Not sure how/whyCdH referenced it but I did crack a smile see g a pro hockey player referencing it

Reactions: PWJunior
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad