News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2018-19 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Nonsense. Don't let yourself think this way.
Thanks, but I only meant 'irrelevant' to the extent that my opinion probably doesn't impact whether native people object to the logo and name.

If I didn't think it was relevant here, I wouldn't have mentioned it.

Not that it's an either/or situation, but if you have to pick between protesting 'Chief Wahoo' and 'Redskins', or the Blackhawks, it's no contest.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
The early season schedual was a joke. 1 game like every 8 days lol. We’re going to have a grueling second half. Thank god most of the home games will be at fort never lose.

For the sake of argument after the next 15 days we have a stretch of 9 days off(I believe all star break + mid season 4 day break)

Reactions: SI90

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
It's amazing we have to play this well just to tread water....I mean how can we really do better, lol. Are some people getting bonus points for winning in this league?

In all seriousness....it just may be the pessimistic person in me but I just keep holding my breath waiting for the wheels to fall off and I'm relieved every time we walk away with a win. I hope the season continues like this, even if we do just sneak into the playoffs.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
For the sake of argument after the next 15 days we have a stretch of 9 days off(I believe all star break + mid season 4 day break)

But then February is brutal. It'll be a tough month.

The team plays something like 13 games. In light of just 29 days, a real good piece of work with little rest in between.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
one game at a time. Slow down Aho, last time the Isles hit him every chance they could. Hope to see the same thing. Aho was quite frustrated.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
Certainly this will test the conditioning of the team both physically and mentally, one might expect injuries during this stretch especially to some of the older players. Fortunately we appear to have better depth than in previous years and this should help in spelling some players that might be in need of a night off. This will also provide the opportunity for our younger players to show they are prepared for such a grind . The coach will be looking to see to which players rise to this challenge of competing for playoff position and who he chooses to go to war with down the stretch.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
During this hot stretch the Isles haven't really improved their playoff position that much. But they have created separation from the chasing pack. And they've gotten closer to the top teams. So they've set themselves up well.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Calgary now two points ahead of the greatest team of all time (in their fans' opinion), and Winnipeg only two points behind with a game in hand.

Twenty pages of excuses for their loss to Nashville.

Reactions: SI90

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Toronto is really good at playing wide open hockey. Once things start slowing down and battles for ice get tougher, I’m not sure if they know how to play that way yet.

They've shown on more than one occasion this year-you punch them in the mouth a few times and they get a little slower and easier to play against. Tampa, is as equally skilled as them but they have some grit in their lineup to push back. Boston is a playoff caliber team as well that is built for playoff hockey. Dubas is gonna have to get some skilled physical guys to complement their top 9 stars or else there could be a ton of cold teardrops falling in April.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Calgary now two points ahead of the greatest team of all time (in their fans' opinion), and Winnipeg only two points behind with a game in hand.

Twenty pages of excuses for their loss to Nashville.

Apparently the Leafs actually won that game but the stupid NHL insists on determining game results based on the number of goals each team scores. :dunno:

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Apparently the Leafs actually won that game but the stupid NHL insists on determining game results based on the number of goals each team scores. :dunno:
Yeah - if it was based on the quantity of fan whining and excuses, the Leafs wouldn't have lost a game in at least twenty years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad