News Article: News and Notes XXXIV - is it time for us to make panic trades yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
This is your first strike. Screw up at the game, and we're putting you in goal.
Goldberg.jpg

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
This was a neat read. Apparently Donny was working the phones.
Inside the Canes Draft Room
I’m guessing Stamkos was the big fish? Multiple talks about goalies. We’ve been actively looking and listening.

The Rod quotes are great. He’s pretty much exactly what we think he is. Don’t touch his defenseman and anyone who doesn’t work out a lot doesn’t belong on his team.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I’m guessing Stamkos was the big fish? Multiple talks about goalies. We’ve been actively looking and listening.

The Rod quotes are great. He’s pretty much exactly what we think he is. Don’t touch his defenseman and anyone who doesn’t work out a lot doesn’t belong on his team.
I loved Brind'Amour as a player but boy do I love him even more as a coach. Transparent, big hearted, predictable... I still am not sure x's and o's are really his strength but I know he'd be easy to play for.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

I've said this before but it bears repeating, I am very excited about the future of Hockey in this state. Between the Canes, NCSU's club team kicking ass in ACC play and going to the tournament for non-NCAA clubs last year, and the Jr Canes winning titles over teams from Canada and Minnesota. There should be some good talent to (hopefully) look forward too coming from North Carolina in the coming years.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Lol. Waddell left the room in the late first round and his land line phone rang so Brindy rushed off to find him thinking it was another GM calling, only to find out it was Waddell prank calling his own phone.

Yeah, I read that too and thought it hilarious. That and all of them with running size jokes makes me wonder which you boneheads are actually getting paid to be here...

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Lol. Waddell left the room in the late first round and his land line phone rang so Brindy rushed off to find him thinking it was another GM calling, only to find out it was Waddell prank calling his own phone.

Between this and the Athletic article, its becoming clear that the worries that Dundon tampers too much might be a little overblown. Seems like we've found the right balance where all views are valued and everyone is free to speak their mind without ramification, including the owner.

Probably a direct cause of why we've absolutely killed it the last couple drafts.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Between this and the Athletic article, its becoming clear that the worries that Dundon tampers too much might be a little overblown. Seems like we've found the right balance where all views are valued and everyone is free to speak their mind without ramification, including the owner.

Probably a direct cause of why we've absolutely killed it the last couple drafts.

I agree. That said, I can also see why a GM who is used to traditionally having the last word and making the call would balk at this fellowship.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I agree. That said, I can also see why a GM who is used to traditionally having the last word and making the call would balk at this fellowship.
Well yeah, any GM who wants it to be 'my way or the highway' is going to have a tough time with this kind of collaborative setup. But now that we have it established, we're going to attract a slew of individuals who might have been overwhelmed in that kind of a authoritarian setup but thrive in a fellowship.

In terms some of us may understand, the Canes just went Scrum Agile while the rest of the league is still operating under the Waterfall approach.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

I suspect it is a lot easier for Dundon to be hands-off when he feels comfortable with the decision making process in place and the people making those decisions. That's just what an effective bossman does. No need to tamper when you have confidence in your resources.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Well yeah, any GM who wants it to be 'my way or the highway' is going to have a tough time with this kind of collaborative setup. But now that we have it established, we're going to attract a slew of individuals who might have been overwhelmed in that kind of a authoritarian setup but thrive in a fellowship.

In terms some of us may understand, the Canes just went Scrum Agile while the rest of the league is still operating under the Waterfall approach.

You realize most of us come here to AVOID these terms?

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

scrum agile, woof. I have not had a lot of positive experience with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino