GDT: NEW YORK RANGERS WIN NHL DRAFT LOTTERY

Status
Not open for further replies.

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
No, because we were getting the lower of the CAR/TOR pick from the Canes and they keep the other. Since the Canes are in the playoffs and the Leafs aren't, we get the Canes own pick (will be late 1st), and they keep the Leafs pick (13 OA)

This. The sooner the Canes lose the higher that second 1st round pick will be for us. If they lose in the first round to the Bruins the pick will be between 16-19.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I enjoy more .. for all those who didnt want to sign Panarin because it would hurt the rebuild aka it would hurt the Tank Professors on here, f*** your tanking

Rangers have done everything the right way. They’ve gone through the process honestly and admirably, and they have been rewarded for it...TWICE
I didnt want him bc of fear of what happens 3 years in if he starts declining when we need him most. Still a very real possibility that three years from now the contract is murdering us as his play falls off a cliff. That said, ck's is 8x worse

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Who is the ideal, achievable centre for them? Is he here already, Chytil, or who could we realistically acquire?

It's going to be tough to address that position given our cap situation. There are too many unknowns right now regarding players like Hank, Staal, Smith, Strome and ADA. Any of the first 3 could retire or be bought out, while either or both of the latter could be traded. I'm sure Gorton has some ideas in mind, and he has probably already been talking to other GMs about potential scenarios. I'm sure we'll know more in a couple months.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
The Q is targeting 10/1. The NHL is targeting 12/1. That isn't a difference of 9 days. It's 9 days between when the Q season starts and the draft, but it's 2 months between when they play games. If they do start on 10/1, camps will begin at least a couple weeks before that, and NHL camps won't begin until November. We have no idea if they will have the development camp after the draft, but if they do, he could be excused for that.

It's all moot anyway until we know what the rule is.

no I meant it is a 9 day difference until he gets drafted and then can consult with the rangers on what is best for him. he isn't going to go back to play 1 game and risk injury right before he gets drafted...the rangers might immediately send him back so he can play until the NHL is ready but he should make that decision with the team

Reactions: Thirty One

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
This. The sooner the Canes lose the higher that second 1st round pick will be for us. If they lose in the first round to the Bruins the pick will be between 16-19.
Losing in the first or second round doesn't make a difference. It only matters once they reach the ECF/SCF. Losers in the first and second round will be assigned picks by reverse standings order by pts%.

As of right now, none of the pick scenarios for CAR are higher than 20 by virtue of 8 teams in the playoffs are lower in the standings than them. The CAR pick will be anywhere in the 20-24 range if they're out in the 1st/2nd round, and obviously 28-31 if they go further.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Who is the ideal, achievable centre for them? Is he here already, Chytil, or who could we realistically acquire?

Honestly? Zibanejad lol. Thats a skilled, jumbo line that can do a bit of everything. Chytil could work too, but there is some development that needs to take place.

I think there are a host of 'good' 2nd line centers for Panarin to work with. Some would say Strome, but there isn't enough of an all around game there for me to keep him around.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Honestly? Zibanejad lol. Thats a skilled, jumbo line that can do a bit of everything. Chytil could work too, but there is some development that needs to take place.

I think there are a host of 'good' 2nd line centers for Panarin to work with. Some would say Strome, but there isn't enough of an all around game there for me to keep him around.
Given Lafreniere's playmaking skills as well as being a LH shot, he's a perfect fit next to Zib, which allows Kreider to move next to Chytil...three quality lines.

Reactions: Leetch3

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
Now hear me out, since our cap isn't exactly the most forgiving next year.

Plan A is obviously some sort of package for a 2C or a 1 LD using Strome, Buch, draft pick or a D prospect.

Plan B which is more likely and could be beneficial is a stop gap 1 yr deal. Thoughts on Mikko Koivu? Minnesota needs to rebiuld. Koivu is a good 2 way gay and good at draws, his foot speed and offensive game isn't what it once was but he could be a great mentor for Kakko and help get him comfortable in the NHL.

Kreider Ziba Panarin
Laf Koivu Kaako
Kravstov/Vet FA Chytil Buchnevich
Lemiux Howden Gauthier
Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad