Three stars at Arizona

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
You know what's so laugh out loud funny to me. EVERY and in CAPS EVERY team in the Metro who we are competing against to get a playoff spot have as much if not more warts than we do. Why is it so hard for some in here to realize that despite our warts and weaknesses that prop up now and again, we have as good a shot as any of these teams to emerge as the representative of the Eastern Conference to play for the Cup.

Fellas we are what we are....a solid team with some warts but unlike most teams we have a goalie who is playing out of his mind the past few months. Yeah he's 35 but from my recollection there have been quite a few goalies that old who have led their teams to grandeur and Cups. Does Tim Thomas ring a bell? Does Chris Osgood ring a bell? Even Dom Hasek?

What I'm trying to say is let's just enjoy this ride we are on. I don't see any reason why Hank is all of a sudden going to revert to his 2016 ways. He came into the season with a chip on his shoulder as I suspected he would and I said so publicly that I thought this year would be MUCH better than last year, as he wanted to show all his doubters and detractors that last year's piss poor season other than the Habs 1st round playoff series, was a total fluke.

We have a future HOF goalie here at top of his game. Combine that with an offense and defense that is good enough to skate and perform with any team in the leauge and that includes Tampa. So I for one expect us to have one of those long playoff runs all of us have grown accustomed too.

I have total confidence in GMJG to acquire for us the assets we need either before or at the deadline to enhance our club withought taking away from our future. We are in a good place fellas. Let's enjoy what's going on and get ready for what looks to me like a very exciting and enjoyable next 3-4 months.

Maybe I'm on an island and in the minority here but I'm very pumped up about where our boys are headed and it doesn't even include Kreids. If he comes back, that's part of the bonus plan!
....:nod:...:thumbu:
I know you a glass half full positive guy, and I'm also not for tanking the season to get one defenseman (if he's so good, why didn't they win) but the team is poorly coached and has looked pretty bad for the better part of the season. Every game they play three quarters of it in their end - if it isn't a run and gun open ice game they're lost and in the PO's games are much tighter. Since Zib got hurt the power play is dreadful and for an offensive team they've scored 13 goals in 7 games.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
When was the last time this team won a game and didn't look terrible doing it? How often does this team win when Hank isn't otherworldly?

I don't think they have played that well for a month now but they still get points. In answer to your question I guess over the last few weeks they have looked pretty good against quality teams like the Ducks, Kings, and Caps.

Reactions: egelband

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Which in a way is also smoke and mirrors because quality doesn't matter in the playoffs when every goal is a deflection.

OK, so lets just minimize what they do well but bitch and moan constantly when they play poorly. BTW there is nothing that matters more in the playoffs than quality goaltending which we have.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Smoke, Mirrors and Hank. Nothing more.

Leetchie...I respect ya bud...I do, but you and your comments symbolize alot our brothers in here Negative Nancy tunnel vision type of thinking. No we are not the '76 Canadians nor are we the '94 Rangers. And we are not the 2010 Black Hawks.
That said, our fwds score enough goals to win most games....yes?. Our backend is infinitesimally better than last year's horrid group....yes?. Our goaltending is withought question MUCH better than last year's version....yes?

Why is it smoke and mirrors that we are winning hockey games? Sorry bud but I'm vexed. So unlike 90% of the rest of the teams in the NHL who win games, if we win games because our goalie played great, it's deemed a negative thing?

We don't have a McDavid or a Crosby or a Kucherov? We don't have a generational player on our roster....just the way the cards are. We have been too good over the past decade to draft players like that. So we are what we are....the collective whole makes us what we are and despite the fact we never for most part have top 10 or so draft picks, we sill have been one of the best teams in the NHL over the past 10-12 years and this year looks to be nothing different.

I truly believe you and others in here take for granted how good we've been. Now maybe it's because I'm older than most of y'all as I've been a fan since 1971 and have seen some truly dreadful times for this organization of ours but we all should really take stock that in the fact that only 1 team wins a Cup each year and trust me when I say this but there are probably 95% of the fanbases in the NHL would would gladly trade places with all of us in a NY minute.

Bottom line, warts and all, relying on Hank and all, we have as good a shot at representing the Eastern Conference than anyone seeing IMO, there is no on who we couldn't beat in a 7 game series and that include the Lightening which I stated in an earlier post and that would likely need to occur in the ECF.....:nod:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Can we talk about how dirty Zibanejad’s shootout goal was?
I can`t still waiting on NHL highlights - I admit I was sleeping earlier.. I had my beauty sleep with a completely new with Duck A feathers; a new pillow without getting headache for over 9 hours! :)

edit; I saw the highlight now and it was a beauty! ;)

Last edited:

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Leetchie...I respect ya bud...I do, but you and your comments symbolize alot our brothers in here Negative Nancy tunnel vision type of thinking. No we are not the '76 Canadians nor are we the '94 Rangers. And we are not the 2010 Black Hawks.
That said, our fwds score enough goals to win most games....yes?. Our backend is infinitesimally better than last year's horrid group....yes?. Our goaltending is withought question MUCH better than last year's version....yes?

Why is it smoke and mirrors that we are winning hockey games? Sorry bud but I'm vexed. So unlike 90% of the rest of the teams in the NHL who win games, if we win games because our goalie played great, it's deemed a negative thing?

We don't have a McDavid or a Crosby or a Kucherov? We don't have a generational player on our roster....just the way the cards are. We have been too good over the past decade to draft players like that. So we are what we are....the collective whole makes us what we are and despite the fact we never for most part have top 10 or so draft picks, we sill have been one of the best teams in the NHL over the past 10-12 years and this year looks to be nothing different.

I truly believe you and others in here take for granted how good we've been. Now maybe it's because I'm older than most of y'all as I've been a fan since 1971 and have seen some truly dreadful times for this organization of ours but we all should really take stock that in the fact that only 1 team wins a Cup each year and trust me when I say this but there are probably 95% of the fanbases in the NHL would would gladly trade places with all of us in a NY minute.

Bottom line, warts and all, relying on Hank and all, we have as good a shot at representing the Eastern Conference than anyone seeing IMO, there is no on who we couldn't beat in a 7 game series and that include the Lightening which I stated in an earlier post and that would likely need to occur in the ECF.....:nod:

It doesn't matter with this fan base. We win, they cry. We lose, they cry. I will be the first to admit the rangers have not played well recently but they still manage get points. We are 4 points out of first in a year that I thought would be a transition year.

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
And again Lundqvist - and nothing more to add. Ah, Vesey made a goal all by himself.

Reactions: Ori

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC

On paper yes but the performance on the ice has been putrid.

Reactions: Ori

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
It doesn't matter with this fan base. We win, they cry. We lose, they cry. I will be the first to admit the rangers have not played well recently but they still manage get points. We are 4 points out of first in a year that I thought would be a transition year.
When we win and actually play well, I have no complaints. Unfortunately that rarely happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad