Three stars at Arizona

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
This could be the only fan base in hockey that has their team in a playoff position in one of the toughest division in hockey and doesn't want them to make the playoffs .
Sell holden and Nash. Make the playoffs anyway. Get a 21st pick instead of 15th pick. Call me short sighted and intrested in immediate gratification but I want playoff hockey in April especially with a goalie who probably only has 2 more seasons for a shot at playoff hockey. Trust me I'm just about the future as the next person but this team is not dropping low enough to get a top 5 pick
I think the rangers could trade mcdonagh zucc Holden grabner Nash and vesey...get back nothing but futures
.and still go as far in the playoffs as if they didn't make those trades.
This team is Henrik lundqvist and a truck load of passengers.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Ok fair enough but what do u think we will get for Nash? At this point maybe a second or a third ? Grabner nets a second albeit I think he's easily worth a first . I would like to keep grabs and extend him somehow unless we are getting a first rounder plus for him

The TDL is always a bit funny in terms of value, but I'd hope a contender might part with a 2nd a middle 6 wing prospect for Nash (similar to our Staal trade but less). Holden could get a 3rd/prospect and I'd be very surprised if Grabner didn't return a 1st+ should we want to trade him. Having that speed would be very enticing to a few teams at the top of the table.

Make the trades, don't look to shore up our roster for the playoffs and use the end of the season to better evaluate our strengths and weaknesses prior to the offseason and free agency. If you can still makes the playoffs, excellent; it's more evaluation time and excellent experience for the younger players

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Yup, halfway thru the season we sucked our way to 3rd in the division and a playoff position.
Yep, that's all that matters. Regular season wins are all that matter guys! It's not like we're playing an unsustainable style with a 35 year old goalie carrying that unsustainable style. Who cares that this team will almost certainly get punted out of the playoffs unceremoniously if we even get there. There's no cause for concern, none at all. We're third in the division after all!

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Sure that’s the ideal scenario but if they’re a playoff team, they aren’t selling

The Blues sold Shattenkirk last year and still made the playoffs.

Does anyone legitimately see the Rangers selling Nash if they’re gonna make the playoffs?

I don’t
Again honestly what are we getting for him? Let's be real guys . Selling Nash isn't gonna make a big difference for our future . Nash nets a third rounder and don't forget he has a partial no movement clause right?

Reactions: will1066

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
We Hanked our way to 3rd in the division and a playoff position.

Good teams have good goaltending and good teams get points when not playing their best. I'm not saying the rangers are playing particularly well but we were playing on the road without Zuke and of course Kreider. BTW Senators beat Tampa 6-3 tonight. Do they suck?

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Again honestly what are we getting for him? Let's be real guys . Selling Nash isn't gonna make a big difference for our future . Nash nets a third rounder and don't forget he has a partial no movement clause right?
I disagree about what Nash returns in a trade but I’m not gonna get into it

And his NTC is a non issue, any contender (Nashville, LA, etc etc) that is interested in him will be on his approved list

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Good teams have good goaltending and good teams get points when not playing their best. I'm not saying the rangers are playing particularly well but we were playing on the road without Zuke and of course Kreider. BTW Senators beat Tampa 6-3 tonight. Do they suck?

Yeah okay, watch Tampa actually play a game sometime rather than trying to make a weak ass comparison with the best team in the league.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Yep, that's all that matters. Regular season wins are all that matter guys! It's not like we're playing an unsustainable style with a 35 year old goalie carrying that unsustainable style. Who cares that this team will almost certainly get punted out of the playoffs unceremoniously if we even get there. There's no cause for concern, none at all. We're third in the division after all!

What matters is that they make the playoffs. Maybe they are playing well come playoff time. Maybe Krieder is back. Teams go thru funks and some teams win even when they aren't playing their best and some teams lose. The rangers are fortunate to have great goaltending to make up for some deficiencies when not playing well.

Reactions: egelband

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Yeah I'd rather be you and cheer for my team to lose.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
If this was a 1 game occurrence...then this argument would be worth discussing.

Its not

This isn't the first time Henrik god-moded us to a win this season.
Honestly I'd say the rangers didn't need a godlike performance from Henrik in maybe 5 games this year.

We've been awful this year. I've watched just about every game Henrik has ever played for us...and this is right there with the best of the best.

Henrik should win the vezina this year...he's been that good...and we've been that bad.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne

Don't look at one game, there's too much parity in the league for that. Of course any team can beat another on any given night. But to win the Cup you need to win 4 7 game series, which means you need consistency; and we have been anything but consistent this season.
Watch teams like TBL and even when they lose you can see that on another night they would have walked away with a win. For the Rangers it more often looks like unless hank plays lights out we aren't going anywhere. So the question is, just how many series can Hanks steal, especially when the opposition gets consistently tougher and we're often up against goalies who are closer in talent to him?

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Yeah okay, watch Tampa actually play a game sometime rather than trying to make a weak ass comparison with the best team in the league.

My point is that lesser teams can play well and beat better teams. Too much parity in this league. Rangers playing on the road without 2 top fowards. I'm happy they got 2 points even though they didn't play well.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The TDL is always a bit funny in terms of value, but I'd hope a contender might part with a 2nd a middle 6 wing prospect for Nash (similar to our Staal trade but less). Holden could get a 3rd/prospect and I'd be very surprised if Grabner didn't return a 1st+ should we want to trade him. Having that speed would be very enticing to a few teams at the top of the table.

Make the trades, don't look to shore up our roster for the playoffs and use the end of the season to better evaluate our strengths and weaknesses prior to the offseason and free agency. If you can still makes the playoffs, excellent; it's more evaluation time and excellent experience for the younger players

Fair enough if we can get those returns sign me up. We probably still squeak into the the playoffs without those guys .call me pessimistic I don't see those returns . Maybe the grabs for a first happens

Reactions: egelband

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
phew, AV said Zucc was under the weather and we won in shootout! think about that! :)
What a great sunday morning 2 pts. - we are definitely a 500 team now which ain`t bad with Stepan in Arizona and Kreider recently recover after surgery.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
If this was a 1 game occurrence...then this argument would be worth discussing.

Its not

This isn't the first time Henrik god-moded us to a win this season.
Honestly I'd say the rangers didn't need a godlike performance from Henrik in maybe 5 games this year.

We've been awful this year. I've watched just about every game Henrik has ever played for us...and this is right there with the best of the best.

Henrik should win the vezina this year...he's been that good...and we've been that bad.

Jesus Christ. The team is 22-14-5. This team has not been awful the whole year. I still feel they will play better moving forward and it's a positive that they have great goaltending, not a negative.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Yeah I'd rather be you and cheer for my team to lose.

I just refuse to believe this team has any chance at a championship with AV at the helm. We've progressively gotten worse every year he's been here. Sorry if the prospect of making the playoffs and losing in the second round doesn't get me hyped up.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
My point is that lesser teams can play well and beat better teams. Too much parity in this league. Rangers playing on the road without 2 top fowards. I'm happy they got 2 points even though they didn't play well.
The problem is the Rangers rarely ever play well. 2nd worst team in the league in CF%, dead last in xGA/60. Now they are having trouble generating offense.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Jesus Christ. The team is 22-14-5. This team has not been awful the whole year. I still feel they will play better moving forward and it's a positive that they have great goaltending, not a negative.

I agree but they rely on the goaltending way too much for comfort.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Fair enough if we can get those returns sign me up. We probably still squeak into the the playoffs without those guys .call me pessimistic I don't see those returns . Maybe the grabs for a first happens

Even if Nash is just a pick (2nd or 3rd) OR a prospect, I'd say its still a small win. If Nash was to suffer a season ending injury right now, I wouldn't be too worried about it affecting our playoff chances, so moving him more the chance to draft a player like Buch (recent 3rd rounder) seems like a no brainer, even if the pick doesn't actually pan out.

I'm not saying quit on the season, but seriously evaluate what's currently allowing this team to win, and start making moves to fix the glaring issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad