Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Arizona Coyotes - January 6

Three stars at Arizona

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravey22

Nov 19, 2017
Put JT back at Center. go zib, JT , Hayes and Boo. Think that is not bad. Sit Deharnais and try to pick up a winger or two that have speed , tenacity and check for 200 feet. On defense , who the hell knows.... not sure if it is purely a personnel matter as it seems it is a possible system issue. At any rate Holden is turnover machine....

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
It’s an up and down thing. I think the offense will come back soon enough.

But if you really want the epitome of the whole problem, try and think back or rewatch the most recent Detroit game. Ugly.

I've already deleted the Detroit game from my DVR. I'll have to look back and see what I still have on there - in particular, I remember being livid about team play the last time we played NJD - might have a look at that one if I can stomach it again.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Mid-season doldrums? I don't understand how these players can seemingly lose their basic hockey skills, a game they've been playing all their lives.

Basically, the other team tries too argument. Teams watch videos and scout one another and prepare game strategies. Well, except AV, apparently. You shouldn't be doing the same things for 41 games and applying an on-ice system in a vacuum, because opponents make adjustments in positional play, forecheck strategies, etc.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Funny, for one of the NHL's worst teams(which they aren't even close to but I'm not going to get into that) I saw you gave every player a C or better grade in mid term grades. How is that possible for the NHL's worst team? Shouldn't there have been a D or F for some players being that we are as bad as Buffalo or Arizona? I also noticed you gave your boy Buch an A. Really? The only player who deserves an A is Lundqvist.

Actually, thats not true, so maybe go back and re-read. I gave one grade higher than an A-, and that was to our starting goaltender.

I mostly blame our coach for the team's struggles, but I also think we should deal with reality. We are bad, but the team is now in a playoff position. What's the point of giving everyone an F just because the team is way overrated? I'd hope Buch is your "boy" as well, but you seem concentrated on trying to make it seem like anyone who doesn't think this team is good is out of touch.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
It doesn't matter with this fan base. We win, they cry. We lose, they cry. I will be the first to admit the rangers have not played well recently but they still manage get points. We are 4 points out of first in a year that I thought would be a transition year.

Because every team that I can possible remember that has ridden on incredible goaltending and shit defense has never gotten past the 2nd round... Even an amazing offense won't help with that, see penguins from 2010 to 2015

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Anyone have stats on the NYR first period SAT this year? Seems like they have had an especially poor year.

Overall:
Bottom 5 in shot attempt %.
Bottom 5 in shot on goal %.
Bottom 10 in scoring chance %.

Yet people think this team is a contender? What planet am I on? It's not earth.

Henrik is having a legitimate Hart caliber season.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Because every team that I can possible remember that has ridden on incredible goaltending and **** defense has never gotten past the 2nd round... Even an amazing offense won't help with that, see penguins from 2010 to 2015

The goalies who have won a cup since the lockout...

Fleury
Murray
Quick
Crawford
Niemi
Giguere
Ward
Thomas
Osgood

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Actually, thats not true, so maybe go back and re-read. I gave one grade higher than an A-, and that was to our starting goaltender.

I mostly blame our coach for the team's struggles, but I also think we should deal with reality. We are bad, but the team is now in a playoff position. What's the point of giving everyone an F just because the team is way overrated? I'd hope Buch is your "boy" as well, but you seem concentrated on trying to make it seem like anyone who doesn't think this team is good is out of touch.

You gave Buch an A-, sorry. I like the kid but not as much as you obviously. How are you related to him? My point is is there is just too much hyperbole and drama on this board. It's like there are a bunch of 8th grade school girls posting sometimes. This team IS NOT bad. This team IS NOT one of the worst in the league. Bad teams and "one of the worst teams in the league" 1)aren't 3rd in a tough division, 2)don't have a positive GD, 3)aren't on pace for 100 point season, 4)and aren't in a playoff position. What is so hard to understand about that?

Reactions: egelband

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
You gave Buch an A-, sorry. I like the kid but not as much as you obviously. How are you related to him? My point is is there is just too much hyperbole and drama on this board. It's like there are a bunch of 8th grade school girls posting sometimes. This team IS NOT bad. This team IS NOT one of the worst in the league. Bad teams and "one of the worst teams in the league" 1)aren't 3rd in a tough division, 2)don't have a positive GD, 3)aren't on pace for 100 point season, 4)and aren't in a playoff position. What is so hard to understand about that?

I take umbrage to that. I'm in 10th grade.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
We are in a good place fellas. Let's enjoy what's going on and get ready for what looks to me like a very exciting and enjoyable next 3-4 months.

Maybe I'm on an island and in the minority here but I'm very pumped up about where our boys are headed and it doesn't even include Kreids. If he comes back, that's part of the bonus plan!
....:nod:...:thumbu:

If it’s an island, I’m there with you. Well said.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

So you seriously expect me to answer your questions when you use that type of abrasive approach of claiming I am related to players?

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Seven people are downright wrong and should be flogged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad