Three stars at Arizona

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
He has a shelf life, but I would give Sutter a chance. He changed the culture in LA. We might end up in a lot of 2-1 and 1-0 games and we might even miss the playoffs the first year, but he would change the way we play for the better. His biggest thing is puck support. Whichever team had the puck, he would have two Kings swarming around the puck at all times. Puck support is something we just don't do.

If Carolina decides to move on from Bill Peters, which is a possibility because they're not going anywhere again, I'd love to see what he can do with our goaltending. The Hurricanes dominate just about every night but they haven't had an NHL goaltender since Arturs Irbe. (Great goaltending doesn't win Cups, but garbage goaltending can break a team)

Bob Motzko's teams are an absolute pleasure to watch. The only issue with him is his goaltending selections but he'd have an easy choice here. But who knows if he would leave St. Cloud.

Bill Peters is going nowhere. Not sure you've noticed M but the Canes are playing some great hockey the past month or so. They are absolutely in the playoff hunt as they are the #2 WC and just 3 points behind us and Columbus for 3rd in the division. I do like him but forget him as he aint going anywhere as I said.

Sutter is not the worst suggestion I heard but I have a hard time believing he'd come to NY or if Gorton would can AV for him especially if we make the playoffs. I don't have any knowledge of Motzko, so I'm going by what you said about him. Doubt highly he's be any better than AV

I suggesting that the bottom line, there is no one out there better than what we got in AV. Hopefully Gorton will continue to do the stellar job he's done where AV can't screw up too much tho I have to admit his coaching performance during the very winnable Sens series doesn't exactly give a ton of confidence he won 't screw the pooch, we need to pray that he learned from his mistakes that series and does the right things once we get to the playoffs which according to some our Doubting Thomas's in here was never going to happen this year....ooopsie....lol

Reactions: egelband

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
And some of y’all thought he was done... ?

Really?

:laugh:

Hank isn’t one of the greatest Rangers in NHL history.

Nor is he one of the greatest goalies in NHL history.

Henrik Lundqvist is one of the best players to ever play this game. Shame we burned through his career like a $35/hour Cardi B stripper.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think JT is fine - keep him with Zucc and they figure it out - the coach can`t play the games for them even though I don`t like his system, but they can produce and if they can continue to develop chemistry JT will learn from that experience and be a better player in the future, @Machinehead.

JT can be a good player but he's really fallen victim to the cheating we do in our system

Reactions: Ori

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I believe you do and I think that is absurd. It's all about the W's and the points. Thats what gets you in the playoffs, not stats.
The likelihood of this team making a run, barring Hank putting up a .940 sv% or the Rangers actually improving their on-ice play is probably so small. It's impossible to rely on your goaltender that much, especially if you get matched up with a team like Tampa or Toronto who are even better at converting on their opportunities than the Rangers are, plus they will most likely dominate the Rangers in shot attempts and zone time. The way the Rangers are playing now, forget it.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
You can say the exact same thing about Canadians and Price @NewYorkNick if cups is your reason for success. It`s what it is, but Henrik was closer than Price in 2014 and in 2016-17 season consider your cup reasoning. :)

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
JT can be a good player but he's really fallen victim to the cheating we do in our system
Something just looks off with him the last couple seasons, compared to the previous couple. His skating just looks strange, he seems to lose his balance alot, looks slower in general, and he's become a predictable offensive player since he just doesn't shoot the puck enough.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Maybe @DanielBrassard, but what did you guys expect when we drafted JT, 80 + pts player? Yes, he seems to lose balance once in a while - maybe they can look into that and get an individual coach to improve his skating abilities?

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Lundqvist played superman tonight. Vesey and Miller were pretty good. McDonagh, Skjei, Nieves, Lettieri and Hayes were okay. The best that could be said for the rest is that some of them rose to mediocrity.

I don't know how Buchnevich got 2nd star of the game. He wasn't on the ice for either of the two goals--had 0 shots on goal, no face-offs, no hits or blocked shots in 15:33. He was pretty invisible. Speaking of invisible though--Nash and his $7.8 mil contract.

lol, I noticed that Buch is listed as second star too. Thought he was pretty invisible for the most part. Have to imagine that someone wrote down a number wrong.

But, anyway you cut it, the Rangers got 2 points. Onward to Las Vegas....

Reactions: egelband

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Yep, that's all that matters. Regular season wins are all that matter guys! It's not like we're playing an unsustainable style with a 35 year old goalie carrying that unsustainable style. Who cares that this team will almost certainly get punted out of the playoffs unceremoniously if we even get there. There's no cause for concern, none at all. We're third in the division after all!

tenor.gif

Long Live the King tho

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Listen, I've been good this year, or least I've tried to be. I wanted to give them a chance because for the most part (aside from firing this **** behind the bench) Gorton did what I wanted this offseason.

But now I'm mad again, and I admit it, I didn't have all the problems solved this summer. There's clearly more to work on.

I think there's one thing we should start with and then evaluate from there.

I know. I'm just busting chops a bit.

I thought that for the most part Gorton had a good offseason as well. Last night was frustrating though. Didn't watch the whole game as I was paying a lot of attention to the Falcons but what I saw was just pathetic.

Not to long ago I thought they were playing decently. I thought they could have some success. With that being said, their play right now reminds me of two years ago. When they traded for E. Staal and proceeded to get waxed bit Pittsburgh in the first round. They are winning but playing like they have no heart.

Reactions: Inferno

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I thought it was understood this was a transition year? I'll save my annoyance for when (if) they buy at the deadline. Until then, I'm enjoying each win (ugly and all) and watching for players to establish themselves as part of the next core.

Reactions: bl02 and Mac n Gs

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Will Coach Claude be available soon? We need a coach who will develop our young players like he's done so well with in Montreal.We missed out on a steal last season. I'm sure with his style of coaching and this "amazing" roster we would be on our way to another stanley cup final...Easy peasy.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I thought it was understood this was a transition year? I'll save my annoyance for when (if) they buy at the deadline. Until then, I'm enjoying each win (ugly and all) and watching for players to establish themselves as part of the next core.

Stop it. Common sense comments best not be made on here.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Off course. Long way to go yet especially when we sell off pieces.
Watch Nash, Grabs and Holden get sold for whatever at the deadline. Hank get hurt for 2-4 weeks down the stretch. OP goaltends this team and they still find a way to get into the playoffs. I would bet my house that the theme on here would be this team still sucks and should not/ don't deserve to make the playoffs.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago

a transition year in which there is no noise about moving any UFAs, kids are getting minutes on necessity only, and your 35y/o goal tender is on pace for 70 gp?

someone tell the Rangers this is a transition year

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I just don't understand the notion of not being able to question AV or this team because, why, they had a couple of deep playoff runs? Where's the Cups? AV has as many Cup rings as I do.

Meanwhile, teams in top 5 in shot differential have won like 10 Cups since the lockout. That's what works. Outplaying your opponents works. Controlling the puck, winning battles, controlling the boards, support all over the ice, having more shots - it works. It's worked for a century.

Trying to make every shot a high-quality chance has rarely worked. "Our goaltender will just make 45 saves" has never worked.

I'm not saying we need to win the Cup every year, but we should be working towards that every year. We're going further and further away from that every year with a philosophy that doesn't get results.

Everyone harps on getting meaningless points in January. "Oh we manage to get points." We should know by now that the record doesn't mean anything. We had more points last year than the year we went to the Finals.
So..much...this

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
This is a very unlikeable team right now.

Goalie is papering over the cracks of one of the NHL's worst teams.

Funny, for one of the NHL's worst teams(which they aren't even close to but I'm not going to get into that) I saw you gave every player a C or better grade in mid term grades. How is that possible for the NHL's worst team? Shouldn't there have been a D or F for some players being that we are as bad as Buffalo or Arizona? I also noticed you gave your boy Buch an A. Really? The only player who deserves an A is Lundqvist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad