GDT: New York Rangers 2018-2019 Training Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Please let us go with a top 6 defense of..

Skjei Shattenkirk
Smith DeAngelo
McQuaid Pionk
Staal

To start the year.

I like that proposal and pairings - McQuaid will be huge for us if past injuries not hinder him - his main strength is defense compare to Kevin Shattenkirk for instant.

Reactions: egelband

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
How has Michael lindqvist looked

He played on Monday. He didn’t look so good. He took two penalties and just didn’t look engaged at all. He played 7 minutes total.

If he’s not accepting an AHL deal (and I believe he has an out clause so it’s unlikely), I’d say he’s back to Europe.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I think the problem is that anyone not agreeing with me don’t know what they are talking about. But let me guess, you have some scouting friends saying that he is a phenomenal skater so he must be?

Emperors new cloaths. You said exceptional status? Oh let’s see how could this kid be on par with McDavid? Yeah his skating, that’s it, it’s super mega good.

In reality it isn’t. You and edge — why am I not surprised? — claim that he is top 5 in the world, top percentile in the NHL. Fun for you guys. I just get annoyed because you are so utterly clueless when it comes to anything hockey related...

Are you f***ing kidding me? I have watched Day a lot ever since his draft year, that's what i base it off. Get out of here with that high horse shit.

I said nothing about exceptional status, never mentioned it once.

In reality his skating is extremely high level..

That first part is the most arrogant thing i've read in a while, fact is you don't know jack squat about hockey but you talk like you're some big authority we should all listen to.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Are you ****ing kidding me? I have watched Day a lot ever since his draft year, that's what i base it off. Get out of here with that high horse ****.

I said nothing about exceptional status, never mentioned it once.

In reality his skating is extremely high level..

That first part is the most arrogant thing i've read in a while, fact is you don't know jack squat about hockey but you talk like you're some big authority we should all listen to.

I am sorry but facts are facts. No matter if you want something to be true, it doesn't become true just because you want it.

You are saying that Day's skating is 'extremely high level', in previous posts underline that this is just not the case in general but also compared to NHLers, I just can't agree with that. If you think me disagreeing with that makes me all of the above you are entitled to that.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
"Facts are facts" - Yes they are, and fact is that Sean Day is a fantastic skater. You trying to talk down his skating by comparing him to Quinn Hughes just underlines how ridiculous your argument is, there's a ~60 lbs difference and the laws of physics still apply.

Reactions: Inferno

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
"Facts are facts" - Yes they are, and fact is that Sean Day is a fantastic skater. You trying to talk down his skating by comparing him to Quinn Hughes just underlines how ridiculous your argument is, there's a ~60 lbs difference and the laws of physics still apply.

Hmm, glad you respond in here to Ola but not to me when I literally direct you to respond to something else. Good to know.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I like that proposal and pairings - McQuaid will be huge for us if past injuries not hinder him - his main strength is defense compare to Kevin Shattenkirk for instant.
Agreed. That looks good. Claussen to Hartford methinks.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I'm very skeptical that McQuaid, a marginal NHLer on his natural side, will be effective playing on his off-side. If we're dressing Shatty, Tony and Neal - McQuaid either sits or we're dressing 7 D.

On opening night I'd like to see either:

Smith-Shattenkirk
Skjei-DeAngelo
Hajek-Pionk

or

Staal-Shattenkirk
Skjei-DeAngelo
Smith-Pionk

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

I see 3 defensemen who are very obviously going to Hartford: Crawley, Gilmour, Lindgren... maybe 4, but we haven't seen Bigras yet.

I see 6 forwards who are very obviously going to Hartford: Butler, Fogarty, Gettinger, Melanson, Schneider, Gropp.. plus Nieves with the concussion. I don't have a lot of confidence that Lindqvist will be making the team, but I think given his European out-clause, he will get a longer look.

Some difficult decisions ahead. Although, in the case of a guy like Hajek, and probably Chytil and Andersson too, I would point out that just because a guy is capable of playing in the NHL right now doesn't mean he wouldn't be well-served spending some time in the AHL. We can afford some patience with them and wait until it's clear they have absolutely nothing to learn in the minors.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I see 3 defensemen who are very obviously going to Hartford: Crawley, Gilmour, Lindgren... maybe 4, but we haven't seen Bigras yet.

I see 6 forwards who are very obviously going to Hartford: Butler, Fogarty, Gettinger, Melanson, Schneider, Gropp.. plus Nieves with the concussion. I don't have a lot of confidence that Lindqvist will be making the team, but I think given his European out-clause, he will get a longer look.

Some difficult decisions ahead. Although, in the case of a guy like Hajek, and probably Chytil and Andersson too, I would point out that just because a guy is capable of playing in the NHL right now doesn't mean he wouldn't be well-served spending some time in the AHL. We can afford some patience with them and wait until it's clear they have absolutely nothing to learn in the minors.

Are we sure we want to write off Fogarty already though? Who plays 4th line C? For me:

Kreider-Zib-Buch
Spooner-Hayes-Zuccarello
Namestnikov-Andersson-Fast
Vesey-_____-Beleskey

I'd put Fogarty there most likely.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Are we sure we want to write off Fogarty already though? Who plays 4th line C? For me:

Kreider-Zib-Buch
Spooner-Hayes-Zuccarello
Namestnikov-Andersson-Fast
Vesey-_____-Beleskey

I'd put Fogarty there most likely.

Fontaine. If you're going to play Fogarty, you might as well play Holland. Really, I'm fine with either one... it was less what I think should happen and more what I think Quinn is going to do, though.

Last edited:

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Then maybe you shouldn't post about people if you aren't going to address it when called out multiple times. Keep my name off your keyboard unless you want to respond.

Thanks! :)

Maybe i said what i wanted on the subject and felt i was done. I'm not obliged to reply back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia