Speculation: New vision

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
There is no real-world scenario where Barry Trotz would work under Pierre Dorion. I know he's your uncle and everything, but let's try to be a tad realistic.
Well, then how do you propose we get Trotz when we know he wants to transition to a GM role in the near future??? A brand new GM is going to mean Trotz won't have that avenue.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
POHO: Vacant
GM: Dorion
Coach: Trotz

Then over the coming seasons, slowly transition Dorion to POHO, and transition Trotz to GM, and let Trotz hire the next coach.
You actually want Dorion back? You must be related to him or something. Imagine Dorion being Trotz boss hahahaha.

Dorion and DJ should be fired today.

Promoto Bowness as interim GM and bring up Troy Mann to coach.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Well, then how do you propose we get Trotz when we know he wants to transition to a GM role in the near future??? A brand new GM is going to mean Trotz won't have that avenue.

We won't get Trotz to be the coach. And he'll never work under Pierre Dorion.

The only possible avenue to even have a conversation with Trotz would be for new ownership to come in, fire Dorion, and offer him the GM job with full autonomy from day 1.

And the thought of expanding Dorion's responsibilities as a POHO is laughable. His future career lies in amateur scouting, not in running an organization.

Reactions: Puikiou and bert

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I want winners
People with a ring
People that saw Chara (Julien), Roy(Hartley), Crosby (Martin) , Ovie (Trotz) go deep to win Cups
So tired of those losers (Clouston, Harstburgh, Smith etc)

Reactions: Puikiou and Yak

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I want winners
People with a ring
People that saw Chara (Julien), Roy(Hartley and Crawford), Crosby (Martin) , Ovie (Trotz) go deep to win Cups
So tired of those losers (Clouston, Harstburgh, Smith etc)
Crawford was literally our head coach before DJ.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Someone that respects the untouchables are

Tkachuk
Stutzle
Batherson
Sanderson
Pinto
Zub

And almost untouchables are
Chabot
Norris
2023 first
Giroux

Any other asset in the org it’s fair game.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Someone that respects the untouchables are

Tkachuk
Stutzle
Batherson
Sanderson
Pinto

And almost untouchables are
Chabot
Norris
2023 first
Giroux

Any other asset in the org it’s fair game.
Zub is not fair game they need him desperately and just extended him. Trading players you just extended is a horrible look. This team has a strong core, they just need experience and a new vision/leadership. Everyone needs to take a deep breath. I really hope whoever comes in has more composure than what were seeing on these boards today. Good grief.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
We won't get Trotz to be the coach. And he'll never work under Pierre Dorion.

The only possible avenue to even have a conversation with Trotz would be for new ownership to come in, fire Dorion, and offer him the GM job with full autonomy from day 1.

And the thought of expanding Dorion's responsibilities as a POHO is laughable. His future career lies in amateur scouting, not in running an organization.
I want Trotz more than I want Dorion. If it means firing Dorion, I'm fine with that.

I just really really think our roster is perfectly constructed for Trotz's style of hockey. It's the perfect match, and I'm sure Trotz knows that too. No doubt in my mind Trotz would love to come here.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Zub is not fair game they need him desperately and just extended him. Trading players you just extended is a horrible look. This team has a strong core, they just need experience and a new vision/leadership. Everyone needs to take a deep breath. I really hope whoever comes in has more composure than what were seeing on these boards today. Good grief.

My bad I knew I missed someone . Zub has hardly played this year so u can seee why

Reactions: bert

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
POHO: Vacant
GM: Dorion
Coach: Trotz

Then over the coming seasons, slowly transition Dorion to POHO, and transition Trotz to GM, and let Trotz hire the next coach.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry.
giphy.gif

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Why do people think giggles (Spezza) is an elite minded hockey exec???

I don't really want to link to an article behind a paywall but The Athletic had a decent piece about him and his transition to management.

He has basically always had the reputation of being a "hockey nerd" and by players standards, was always someone who seemed to care about the off-ice part of it all (trades, signings, ect). He's a guy who played 1000+ games and who was in a leadership role on multiple franchises.

I'm far from the type of person who will make an argument that a former player knows best, but I think in this circumstance there's some credence to the idea.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Pretty simple for me.
Ownership: anyone I don't really care (if Reynolds is in the consortium, nice; if not - whatever).
GM: Someone with pedigree + Alfie as the president of hockey ops

Finally for coach... I want Mike Babcock. Alfie could probably pull some strings. Babcock can make this team an unstoppable force just like his Detroit days. Also, what a great story it would be if a Babcock-led Senators team outshined and won the Cup before the Leafs.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Get Jaques Martin back, teach these kids how to play defense.

Then fire him for a gamer if he falters in the playoffs.

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
I puked a little, but I can definitely see Peter Chiarelli as POHO. They’ll market it as bringing someone with Ottawa routes and has what it takes to build a winner.

Barry Trotz would be amazing as coach, but is a pipe dream.

I do love myself some Bruce Boudreau and think the players would thrive with his style of play.

Reactions: Norris4Norris

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
Why do people think giggles (Spezza) is an elite minded hockey exec???
I wouldn't even want Spezza around anything or anyone, that guy lacked so much in character, defensive game and leadership. I wouldn't want him doing anything for my hockey team.

Jason Spezza as GM Lol. God no.
We need someone who has had experience as a GM. No first timers.
If anyone hires Spezza in any way for coaching and/or exec I will eat my hat.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I wouldn't even want Spezza around anything or anyone, that guy lacked so much in character, defensive game and leadership. I wouldn't want him doing anything for my hockey team.

If anyone hires Spezza in any way for coaching and/or exec I will eat my hat.

The Leafs already did. He's working as an assistant to Kyle Dubas this year.

He's incredibly well-respected in the hockey world, so your post is real odd. Lacking in character and Spezza don't belong in the same sentence.

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
And how would you like your hat cooked, sir?
It won't matter

The Leafs already did. He's working as an assistant to Kyle Dubas this year.

He's incredibly well-respected in the hockey world, so your post is real odd. Lacking in character and Spezza don't belong in the same sentence.
Ya well the leafs would hire Spezza. He is just not a winner, he depended on Alfredsson to be the rock defensively. To me if you play a sport and don't play defense a part of your character must be lacking. I also hold Alfredsson in the highest of regards.

Reactions: Senovision

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
It won't matter

Ya well the leafs would hire Spezza. He is just not a winner, he depended on Alfredsson to be the rock defensively. To me if you play a sport and don't play defense a part of your character must be lacking. I also hold Alfredsson in the highest of regards.
Brutal opinion. Spezza will most likely be a very successful GM at some point.

Reactions: coladin

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
It won't matter

Spezza was the man. Different players bring different attributes. We had a ton of success with offense first guys like him, Havlat, Hoffman, and I'm sure a few others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad