Line Combos: New PP & ES lines at practice. Bourque Benched?

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005

Bouillon should not be dressed let alone play the point on the PP.

dat point shot

395x298x44f3eab47ba39f719c9e8ad3.gif

Finnhabs

Mar 8, 2014
Turku, Finland
That he is barely 20 years old. And he doesn't need the pressure that
comes with being relied on to produce offence in the NHL. Yet.

He has allrdy proven he can produce offence in the NHL, A LOT better than many of our proven NHL veterans, so i really cant see the point in there....well, seems everythin is possible with MT onboard so who can tell:laugh:.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I'm not gonna defend it but if it means PK gets a bit more rope on offense while Bouillon camps in the central zone, there is SOME logic to it.

You just sort of which the stay-at-home guy was better than Bouillon is nowadays.

Also, I'd expect Murray to play instead of Weaver.

Finnhabs

Mar 8, 2014
Turku, Finland
I'm not gonna defend it but if it means PK gets a bit more rope on offense while Bouillon camps in the central zone, there is SOME logic to it.

Only "logic" there is : another "message" to the youngster. This time its Tinordi who is being demoted just when he started showin some confidence with added playin time. I mean, really. What the **** our coachin staff is thinkin. They think shufflin the pairings all the time will settle the back end???:shakehead

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto

You just sort of which the stay-at-home guy was better than Bouillon is nowadays.

Also, I'd expect Murray to play instead of Weaver.

Subban is the best at getting his partner out of trouble. Although this
might be even more useful with Tinordi or Murray. Anyhow,if Murray is in,
do we really know where Bouillon is going to play? 7th D ?

Finnhabs

Mar 8, 2014
Turku, Finland

More like

Bergevin: "Hey Michel, here is a brand new offensive tool for the top two lines."

Therrien: "Naah, no thanks. I think im gonna use his defensive skills instead. I think our grindin will benefit more from it."

Bergevin: " Ok. Do whatever you want with him, youre backed up by me and you have no fear of being fired by me. I just close my eyes from that matter also."

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
From what was on canadiens.com

Vanek-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Eller-Briere
Bourque-White-Weise
Bournival-Prust-Parros

Bouillon-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Tinordi-Weaver.

Is that just today's practice lines or the actual line up vs the Bruins? Unless Murray is really hurt and can't go you would think he's in tomorrow night for sure.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Need Galchenyuk on the PP.

I'd try:

Patches DD Gallagher
Galchenyuk Briere Vanek - These two have chemistry from Buffalo days.

Markov PK - 1st PP Unit
Emelin Plex - 2nd PP Unit - Until we bring up Beaulieu we don't have any defencemen who can quarterback a PP which is why it always disintegrates once PK is off the ice. Plex gives more options and can do on the point what he does on the half wall and hopefully sustain a second wave on the PP. I'd at least try it.

I like the idea of Pleks on the point for the 2nd PP. It allows room for Galchenyuk to get PP minutes and I much prefer Pleks to Bouillon if it comes to that. I know he was tried there and didn't do great a few years ago, but he didn't do bad either.

The only thing is that Markov-Subban play most of the PP, so Pleks would only be playing 20-30 seconds as a defenseman. Not sure how much we could expect from him in that situation. Considering he's one of our better players, it might be best for him to play a minute of the PP up front as opposed to 20 seconds on D.

MathMan

Jan 20, 2006
The Plekanec line has pretty much always been the first line. Vanek-Pleky-Gionta certainly is the Habs' first and most important line. That they play the tough competition doesn't change that; most teams play power-on-power nowadays.

I don't mind playing Bouillon if it puts Murray on the bench as Bouillon (such as he is) is a significantly better player. Unfortunately, it seems likely that Weaver will sit instead. Therrien's liable to sit a RD, which his team is short of, to play two inferior D-men as a pair, with Bouillon playing on his off-side to accommodate Murray.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
From what was on canadiens.com

Vanek-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Eller-Briere
Bourque-White-Weise
Bournival-Prust-Parros

Bouillon-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Tinordi-Weaver.

I hate those lines. Even Vanek is mocking them FFS.

Galchenyuk Plek Vanek - scoring line
Patches DD Gally - scoring line
Briere Eller Gio - checking line that can score
Moen White Prust - energy line

Markov Subban - top pairing, play them 30 min
Tinordi Emelin - middle pairing, play them 18 min
Bou (prefer calling up Beualieu) Weaver - bottom pairing, play them 12 min

PP1
Patches DD Gally
Markov PK

PP2
Chuckie Briere Vanek
Emelin/Tinner Plex

Was that so ****ing hard. 4 balanced lines and defensive pairing that make sense.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I hate those lines. Even vanek is mocking them FFS.

Galchenyuk Plek Vanek - scoring line
Patches DD Gally - scoring line
Briere Eller Gio - checking line that can score
Moen White Prust - energy line

Markov Subban - top pairing, play them 30 min
Tinordi Emelin - middle pairing, play them 18 min
Bou Weaver - bottom pairing, play them 12 min

PP1
Patches DD Gally
Markov PK

PP2
Chuckie Briere Vanek
Emelin/Tinner Plex

Was that so ****ing hard. 4 balanced lines and defensive pairing that make sense.

I wouldn't play Briere.. like ever..

3rd line would have Moen for me and Weise drawing back on the 4th.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I wouldn't play Briere.. like ever..

3rd line would have Moen for me and Weise drawing back on the 4th.

3rd line isn't the imperative line anyways. I drew Briere in that slot to add more offense as Gio and Eller are good defensively. Also, I can't see him on a 4th line against the Bruins and he has to play. Better him than Bork.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
The defence is too slow. No reason to not call up Beaulieu. His skating and puck moving make him a better dman than Bou/Weaver because he can get the puck out quicker and spend less time defending. I'd have no fear having both Tinordi/Beaulieu considering the alternatives at this point. Seriously, how does Bouillon go from being scratched for weeks on end and then paired with PK? I don't know how anyone can defend this coaching staff. DD gets Max/Vanek on the PP? Plekanec is a better offensive player than DD. He should be on the 1st unit that plays over a minute out there and not DD. It's enough already. 13th ranked PP with Markov/Subban on the point is as disappointing as where this team ranks in GF/G.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad