Line Combos: New PP & ES lines at practice. Bourque Benched?

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Galchenyuk no PP time :shakehead

I would like Galchenyuk to get a lot of PP time, when the PP is working well.
That is of course the best way he can practice puck play in the NHL.

But not when the PP is struggling, as there is a lot of pressure in that
situation.

Briere on the other hand, I like on the PP. I think he is playing better
than earlier in the year. So he is both effective on the PP, and deserves
his oppertunity to play there.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Yea, Terrible. Only tyin 3rd with Pleky on PP-points in forwards :sarcasm:. You know that you dont need to be that effective along the boards in PP, the point in PP is to keep the puck and keep movin the puck until you score :D.

The fact that you think board play doesn't have a role on the PP makes your whole point moot. Chuckie has 9 PP points which is good. The kid is talented and has a bright future... I'll never question that. But most of it was gathered when the PP was working.

Lately, the habs have problems entering and maintaining possession in the zone. Guess what that entails? Winning puck battles along the boards and entering the offensive zone. Two things Chuckie isn't doing very well right now. :D

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
If MT is hell bent on Vanek with Pleks the only chance the line has is for Gio to be off of it.

Galchenyuk on right wing on that line, would be nice. You can always
put Gionta back there in very defensive situations.

Anyhow, I want to see Galchenyuk play on the right side. For that
matter I'd also like to see MaxPac on the right side. He seems to get
better shots when hes on the right, and he seems to attack the net
more. Both with and without the puck.

Finnhabs

Mar 8, 2014
Turku, Finland
The fact that you think board play doesn't have a role on the PP makes your whole point moot. Chuckie has 9 PP points which is good. The kid is talented and has a bright future... I'll never question that. But most of it was gathered when the PP was working.

Lately, the habs have problems entering and maintaining possession in the zone. Guess what that entails? Winning puck battles along the boards and entering the offensive zone. Two things Chuckie isn't doing very well right now. :D

Guess what, the last and the only PP goal in the last four games was scored by Chuckie :naughty:...and you can double up the corner play in the PP, thats not an issue. Also Chuckie doesnt need to bring the puck to the offensive zone(if you think he is uncapable of doin so), or did you mean he cannot find himself to the offensive zone at all in PP :D;)?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Was kinda hoping to see the EGG line back together to see if they could bring some much needed offense to this team again. I guess I'll just have to settle for that 1 shift from the Sharks game before Eller was kicked out. :(

Finnhabs

Mar 8, 2014
Turku, Finland
Vanek can play right wing, but I'd much prefer to give MaxPac a
chance there.
Yea he can, but he said in the interview that he prefers to play LW, all his success has come as a LW. PP is different thought, you can mix it up in there, i really would like to see Vanek and Briere on the same PP. Im pretty sure it would work out given the history as said earlier.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Guess what, the last and the only PP goal in the last four games was scored by Chuckie :naughty:...and you can double up the corner play in the PP, thats not an issue. Also Chuckie doesnt need to bring the puck to the offensive zone(if you think he is uncapable of doin so), or did you mean he cannot find himself to the offensive zone at all in PP :D;)?

Im well aware he scored the last goal. But im also well aware of the times hes lost possession of the puck trying to enter the zone or win a battle along the boards... Agree to disagree and move on. No passive aggressive smileys needed :D

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
Bourque has a great hockey name... too bad he doesnt have as much willingness to work hard like the other Bourques i have seen play this sport. :shakehead

PricePkPatch*

On the pp yes, I don't see them playing on a line together since they play the same side

Just get Gionta off that line, and play Gally with Pleks and Vanek

Maybe Vanek will ask to play with DD and Patch after experiencing some time with them?

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Makes no sense playing Gionta on the 2nd line with Pleks and Vanek. Throw Briere there and put Gionta on the 3rd line with Galchy and Eller.

Finnhabs

Mar 8, 2014
Turku, Finland
Im well aware he scored the last goal. But im also well aware of the times hes lost possession of the puck trying to enter the zone or win a battle along the boards... Agree to disagree and move on. No passive aggressive smileys needed :D

Nope on your last sentence:laugh:...i agree to disagree with you. You have your points on the matter, i have mine, lets move on:nod:.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Makes no sense playing Gionta on the 2nd line with Pleks and Vanek. Throw Briere there and put Gionta on the 3rd line with Galchy and Eller.

You would think that would be the logical thing to do here.. or put Gio with PacDD and reunite Eller and the Gallys. Either way it should be Briere with PlekVanek.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad