Line Combos: New PP & ES lines at practice. Bourque Benched?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
martin mcguire ‏@mmcguirehockey 7m
Vanek avec Desharnais et Pacioretty sur l'avantage numérique !

martin mcguire ‏@mmcguirehockey 6m
Briere avec Gallagher et Plekanec 2ieme unité d'avantage numérique

and everyone's personal favorite:

Аrpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 2m
Francis Bouillon spending lots of time working on #Habs power play.
Expand

Bourque looks to be benched.

Trios #CH:
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher;
Vanek-Plekanec-Gionta;
Galchenyuk-Eller-Brière;
Prust-White-Moen.

Last edited:

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
martin mcguire ‏@mmcguirehockey 7m
Vanek avec Desharnais et Pacioretty sur l'avantage numérique !

martin mcguire ‏@mmcguirehockey 6m
Briere avec Gallagher et Plekanec 2ieme unité d'avantage numérique

and everyone's personal favorite:

Аrpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 2m
Francis Bouillon spending lots of time working on #Habs power play.
Expand

That used to work in the juniors, Bouillon used to be a threat. But that's a long time ago and a long way from Granby.

How about Emelin?

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
OMG. Don't know where to start, so many wrongs here...

tumblr_mk3jboXLP91qj7jhxo3_250.gif

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
What does he possibly see in Boullion over Emelin for PP time?
I don't recall seeing Emelin on the PP very much but I'm pretty sure he has been effective when he is on. What a surprise.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
First line is fine..

2nd line is brutal. Briere shouldn't be in the line-up so he shouldn't be on the PP. Galchenyuk should be there.

You want to develop Galchenyuk, he should be a staple on the PP, it's the easiest way for him to practice playing offensively on NHL defenses and to gain confidence with the puck.

Bouillon should not be dressed let alone play the point on the PP.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Would prefer Galchenyuk with Plek and Gallagher but that's a step in the right direction. Gionta is an occasional scorer but he works better as a third line two way guy now. Would love to see if Plekanec and Gallagher have chemistry.

You never know, moving Vanek full time with DD and Patches might continue their scoring while allowing Gallagher to pump up another line.

Cube needs to be shot into the sun. Call up Beaulieu or Pateryn if you want another gun on the PP.

Finnhabs

Mar 8, 2014
Turku, Finland
Is that Therrien so ****** clueless that he cannot put Vanek and Briere in the same PP given their history together:shakehead?? Keep the DD line intact. Also why not try second PP with four attackers maybe Pleky as in defenders place and give Galchenyuk PP time, O-M-G!:rant::rant::rant::rant:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Need Galchenyuk on the PP.

I'd try:

Patches DD Gallagher
Galchenyuk Briere Vanek - These two have chemistry from Buffalo days.

Markov PK - 1st PP Unit
Emelin Plex - 2nd PP Unit - Until we bring up Beaulieu we don't have any defencemen who can quarterback a PP which is why it always disintegrates once PK is off the ice. Plex gives more options and can do on the point what he does on the half wall and hopefully sustain a second wave on the PP. I'd at least try it.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
#Habs practice lines:
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Vanek - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Brière
Moen - White - Prust

About ****ing time Bourque got scratched.

Finnhabs

Mar 8, 2014
Turku, Finland
Need Galchenyuk on the PP.

I'd try:

Patches DD Gallagher
Galchenyuk Briere Vanek - These two have chemistry from Buffalo days.

Markov PK - 1st PP Unit
Emelin Plex - 2nd PP Unit - Until we bring up Beaulieu we don't have any defencemen who can quarterback a PP which is why it always disintegrates once PK is off the ice. Plex gives more options and can do on the point what he does on the half wall and hopefully sustain a second wave on the PP. I'd at least try it.

This. Thank you.:handclap:

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
#Habs practice lines:
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Vanek - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Brière
Moen - White - Prust

About ****ing time Bourque got scratched.

Perhaps MT is saving him for the playoffs. I recall some posters gushing about his beastliness against Ottawa last year....

BobBobrovsky*

Its sad, from the PP to the trios. How can this team do anything when you have MT coaching?

I would call him Pejorative Slured but that would be highly insulting to those who unfortunately actually are Pejorative Slured. Hopefully he's fired after the season.

P.S. I wonder if Vanek would rather be on Long Island right about now. He's gotta be wondering how a guy this stupid ever got to be an NHL coach.

Finnhabs

Mar 8, 2014
Turku, Finland
Chuckie has been terrible on the PP. Can't win any puck battles along the boards. Coughs up the puck too easily as well.

Yea, Terrible. Only tyin 3rd with Pleky on PP-points in forwards :sarcasm:. You know that you dont need to be that effective along the boards in PP, the point in PP is to keep the puck and keep movin the puck until you score :D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad