Blue Jays Discussion: New players, new uniform, new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Let's not forget
I’m loving the young starters this team is compiling. Pearson, SWR, Manoah, Kay and hopefully Lacy. In a few years this team should be pretty stacked.

1B Biggio
2B Bichette
SS Groshans
3B Martinez
DH Vladdy
LF Gurriel
CF ?? - add in free agency
RF Grichuk - prefer to upgrade
C Jansen/Kirk

SP Pearson
SP Lacy
SP Manoah
SP SWR
SP Kay

Let's not forget Pardinho (if he gets healthy)& Kloff too.

Reactions: Gargyn

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Game got cancelled :(

Only 3 innings of ball for me on this trip.

Tellez looks like he dropped a ton of weight

Reactions: Anthrax442

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Yankees lose another player with Stanton out with a calf strain. Highly unlikely he's ready for opening day and with his injury history who knows how long.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
anyone else find it amusing after the jays lift the wages of minor players by 50% last year the p/a came out and applauded them but since not even a peep. not one other team bothered i figured this might have gotten more traction but i just saw mlb has added raises for minor leagers across the board coming in 2021 i believe if i remember correctly.

Reactions: draeko17

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I like him too. I prefer he get full time AB's in Triple-A, and come up when there's a semi-full time spot for him. If Cavan becomes a Zobrist swiss army knife, then I'd be comfortable giving him a shot to be the 2nd baseman. I'm a fan.

Against Army.

Its tough because there's a lot of volume.

MLB: Ryu, Roark, Anderson (unfortunately), Shoemaker, Thornton
DL: Borucki
MLB BP ("starters" functioning as LR/MR/openers): Guchi-mane, Gaviglio, Pannone, Font

AAA: Pearson, Kay, SRF, Zeuch, Waguespack
DL: Merryweather
AAA BP: Tommy the Hitman Hatch (Closer)

AA: Yennsy, Murphy, Logue, Dillon, Murray
AA BP: Perez (Closer)

A+: SWR, Elvis, Castillo, Winckowski, Wymer

A: Kloff, Manoah, Williams, Monsion, Gonzalez

MLB Staff in August
Rotation: Ryu, Pearson, Borucki, Roark, Kay
BP: Guchi-mane (Closer), The Hitman, SRF

Traded at the deadline: Giles, Shoemaker, Dolis, Anderson (released)

Looks good to me. I feel like Waguespack is going to be in the major league pen to open the season and Hatch gets a chance to start for at least the first half of the season. I think we'll see some piggybacking to keep more guys stretched out as starters until a few of them fail their way into the pen.

The depth at this point really is nuts. Most of the pitchers in each rotation likely deserve to be a level higher right now. It would be amazing if one or two of the secondary prospects could take a big step forward and show some high-end potential, but that may be a lot to ask given the elite talent already around.

hd1344

Nov 16, 2012
The Hammer
Yup. Down here for the week to watch Leafs/Jays
That's too bad. Weather down there is usually pretty good. Went down to Dunedin about 10 years ago to check out Spring Training. Also went to watch vs Pirates in Bradenton and stayed in St. Pete Beach.

I would go every year if I could, to be honest.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Im heading down next week to see a few games. Are the players somewhat accessible for kids pictures etc?

I didn’t get to my seat until after first pitch

If you are there before the game, I’m sure they are.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Did you buy tickets in advance or when you got down there?

We bought in advance through ticketmaster.

But you’d most likely have 0 issue buying at the box office. But still could buy in advance in case Vladdy, Bo and such get announced as starters and a bunch of locals rush out.

Leafsguard

Feb 1, 2018
Wonder if he’ll make it to 5.

Could look really good between Pearson and Manoah.
Honestly with the kids in this Draft in theory the Jays should get a really good pick this is a very deep draft top 5 looks like Martin/Hancock/Torkelson/Lacy and Gonzales along with Abel,Hendrick, you tube star Blaze Jordan should be a great draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad