Blue Jays Discussion: New players, new uniform, new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Yeah, I think it's a fair criticism. It hasn't been going on for a long time (and, as mentioned, Vlad/Bo/Biggio haven't even played half a season together) but that group has been penciled in as the future core for a couple years, and I think the acquisitions of Grichuk, Fisher, McKinney, Drury, Teoscar, etc. have been with the goal of catching a post-hype guy and having him break out as a support player around that core. And, to this point, it's pretty clearly been a failure in that way.

Having said that, I think Jansen is an obvious core piece going forward, while Gurriel isn't too far off given what he's done so far. They're making progress. This year will be huge in determining what holes they need to fill from outside the organization.
Nicely put

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Solid outing by Roark

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200310-172147_theScore.jpg
    Screenshot_20200310-172147_theScore.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 5

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
ESPN ranks its top 100 players in MLB for this season:

#95 - Bo Bichette (NR last year)
#94 - Hyun-Jin Ryu (NR last year)
#74 - Vladimir Guerrero Jr (down from #68 last year)

The top 10 are (10-1):
Lindor
Arenado
Acuna Jr
Scherzeer
Bellinger
Betts
Yelich
deGrom
Cole
Trout

Also worth noting that Fangraphs player pages now have 2020 player profiles on them. They are, as always, mostly fantasy relevant, but are sometimes interesting reading nonetheless. And sometimes when there's a guy without much to talk about they can devolve into amusing silliness too.

And finally, yes, I do know that we need a new thread. I'll probably put it up later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad