OT: New OT Bread

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
They say I sold too many tickets. Went to about half the regular season games and all of the playoff games this year.
So are they claiming that you may have bought the season tickets to make profit? Otherwise I don't see why they would even care. I mean they still get their money, right?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
So are they claiming that you may have bought the season tickets to make profit? Otherwise I don't see why they would even care. I mean they still get their money, right?

That's what they seem to think, but you'd think someone doing that would have more than 1 seat. I'm just going to quote my post I made over in the Vegas forum so I don't have to retype everything.

And here's a little backstory just so it doesn't seem like I'm some scalper who deserved it. Firstly I was among the first to make a deposit and have been a die hard since inception. I've never in my life had a pro team to call my own so I was thrilled beyond belief when we got a team. Summer 2017 I upgraded from a single quarter season seat to a single full season seat. 10/1/2017 My mom suddenly passed away. She did a lot for myself and my sister including being the main provider financially as well as taking care of my niece and nephew when my sister worked. I had originally planned on being at any game I could possibly get to, but things changed right before the season started. Now I had a ton more financial responsibility and a niece and nephew I had to take care of at times. Also a real good case of crippling depression that sometimes keeps me in bed for days at a time. In season 1 I sold quite a bit of my tickets including playoff games. Season 2 I attended about half the regular season games as well as all of the playoff games. I just signed a 4 YEAR COMMITMENT 3 MONTHS AGO. AND I NEVER GOT ANY WARNING OF CANCELLATION.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
Oh man... I'd be pretty pissed off too. :( I'm sorry to hear what you're going through as well. Hope you're doing better!

Thanks for the well wishes. Everyday is honestly a struggle and it just sucks because hockey is one of the only things where I can just tune everything else out.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
That's what they seem to think, but you'd think someone doing that would have more than 1 seat. I'm just going to quote my post I made over in the Vegas forum so I don't have to retype everything.

Oof. So sorry to hear that, that sucks. I hope things get better for you soon!

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Thanks for the well wishes. Everyday is honestly a struggle and it just sucks because hockey is one of the only things where I can just tune everything else out.
I might not be the most active nor vocal member of the board but there's always a place for you here! We all love hockey and I know how therapeutical it can sometimes be to just sink into a hockey game, putting everything else on the side for a moment.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca

Yikes, that's horrible. I'm so sorry that you're going through all this. I mean would they have preferred you just not show up and eat the cost? And to not even give you notice before the cancellation is just shitty.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I mean I can understand an organization not wanting a bunch of season ticket scalpers making money off reselling tickets to out of towners (a lot of the issues that the Honda Center has) but give warnings before just cancelling stuff like that or have the ticket rep reach out to the person and see if there's an alternative. That's just poor customer service.

Reactions: Tiny Biggs

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
I mean I can understand an organization not wanting a bunch of season ticket scalpers making money off reselling tickets to out of towners (a lot of the issues that the Honda Center has) but give warnings before just cancelling stuff like that or have the ticket rep reach out to the person and see if there's an alternative. That's just poor customer service.

That's one of my biggest gripes too. Not one single warning, no heads up. They were just begging me to extend to a 4 year commitment in February. My other huge issue being that I know they allow brokers to buy out entire rows to resell. Have some set rules and stick to them. Don't just pick and choose when and what you want to enforce seemingly without reason.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
2962auyidkyz.jpg

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So I’m heading to Anaheim mid Nov to catch some games and whatnot. How is the weather there for mid Nov? Was there this past March and it was a little chilly especially at night but I know the nights in Cali tend to get much cooler regardless of time of year.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
So I’m heading to Anaheim mid Nov to catch some games and whatnot. How is the weather there for mid Nov? Was there this past March and it was a little chilly especially at night but I know the nights in Cali tend to get much cooler regardless of time of year.

Mid to upper 70's during the day and 50's during the evening. If you're closer to the beach might be cooler. Nothing a sweatshirt can't handle. Of course can't guarantee there won't be some freak weather system or god forbid rain.

Also, somewhere in the mess that is the stickied threads there's a "FAQ visiting Anaheim" thread, might get some more responses there because there's usually only 5 regulars that come to this thread.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Mid to upper 70's during the day and 50's during the evening. If you're closer to the beach might be cooler. Nothing a sweatshirt can't handle. Of course can't guarantee there won't be some freak weather system or god forbid rain.

Also, somewhere in the mess that is the stickied threads there's a "FAQ visiting Anaheim" thread, might get some more responses there because there's usually only 5 regulars that come to this thread.

Cool, thanks for the info. Can’t wait to get out there again. Flight and hotel are already booked. Gonna try to get out there in the end of March as well. If they make the playoffs somehow will maybe push it to the 2nd week of April. We shall see.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
This just reminded me how it's been over 5 years now since I've been to Honda. :(

I want to say its been 4 years for me with the last one being game 7 against the Blackhawks in the WCF but it feels like a lifetime ago and I honestly can't remember. Hope to remedy that this year :D

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
So today I was allowed to wear the walker and start "walking" on my injured leg: painful and slower than limping on one leg. Even if mine was a complete rupture, I wonder how Krebs managed to walk on the stage without crutches.... f***ing Achilles... :wally:

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad