Long Beach, Ca
Yep, be safe and don't touch your face!

hugh-Kretschmer.jpg

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
They are closing on sat. I’m still here and it’s open. Will be leaving tomorrow morning.
How busy is it? We have annual passes but haven't been in a couple weeks because of this.

The rain probably isn't ideal either. Are they doing anything for sanitation? They had a few hand washing stations when we were there last, but that's it.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How busy is it? We have annual passes but haven't been in a couple weeks because of this.

The rain probably isn't ideal either. Are they doing anything for sanitation? They had a few hand washing stations when we were there last, but that's it.

it’s still pretty busy. They also have sanitizer stations all over the place.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Disneyland is literally the last place I would want to be right now. All those travelers yikes.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I still have classes and clinicals scheduled, can't believe they aren't cancelled yet. I really would rather not go hang out at a hospital for 12 hours if I'm not getting paid.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
I still have classes and clinicals scheduled, can't believe they aren't cancelled yet. I really would rather not go hang out at a hospital for 12 hours if I'm not getting paid.
That sucks. You should just show up in a hazmat suit.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

I’m in Washington and everything is moved to online. Quarter is almost over, so some of the classes are basically going with a “work already done for grade” philosophy, unless you want to try to improve your grade.

Sounds like Spring quarter is going to be online too.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I’m in Washington and everything is moved to online. Quarter is almost over, so some of the classes are basically going with a “work already done for grade” philosophy, unless you want to try to improve your grade.

Sounds like Spring quarter is going to be online too.
They are still in denial here. The dean sent out something along the lines of "hospitals don't close in times of crisis", which has nothing to do with sitting in a classroom for four hours at a time with 30 other people.

I don't know, we'll see. We're banned from the ER and ICU for clinicals so I don't even feel helpful there, other than I guess freeing up other people to be there if need be.

Be careful.

Reactions: Sojourn

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
They are still in denial here. The dean sent out something along the lines of "hospitals don't close in times of crisis", which has nothing to do with sitting in a classroom for four hours at a time with 30 other people.

I don't know, we'll see. We're banned from the ER and ICU for clinicals so I don't even feel helpful there, other than I guess freeing up other people to be there if need be.

Be careful.

I will. You too.

I’m actually in a bit of a state of shock, because after six months of work on an engineering project, the event we were going to present it at was cancelled. Just like that. It sucks, but it was 100% the right decision. Even if we aren’t all high risk, I’m sure everyone here knows someone who is.

Some tough decisions need to be made, but it’s important to do what is right for people. I hope they realize what they need to do there.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I'm watching the old Canadian TV Series Corner Gas... funny that Travis Moen showed up on an episode with the Stanley Cup. I remembered he is from Saskatchewan, so kinda makes sense.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Almost live, from the balcony of his Hollywood Hills home, everybody could use some Weird Al. Performing that great guitar instrumental (as only Al could) Classical Gas. Take it away Al.....

Reactions: DigiDuck

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I'm watching the old Canadian TV Series Corner Gas... funny that Travis Moen showed up on an episode with the Stanley Cup. I remembered he is from Saskatchewan, so kinda makes sense.
Corner Gas is a classic. I used to watch it all the time prior to moving Stateside. Some of the writing staff overlap with the the writers for the Canadian sitcom Kim’s Convenience, which I highly recommend if you enjoy Corner Gas. You can stream the first few seasons on Netflix.

Reactions: snowave

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Has anyone taken vector calculus? I have a couple of weeks of free time, and I’m wondering if there is anything worth brushing up on. This professor is going to kick my ass, but I know it’s an important tool.

Edit: honestly, I’m asking because she is going to kick my ass. Want to take the opportunity to fill any gaps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad