OT: New OT Bread

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Goddammit I was really trying to be less cynical this year (New Years resolution), but someone had to go create all these individual threads about the team.

tenor.gif

Reactions: duckaroosky

ReptilianQuack

Jan 17, 2019
Vancouver
Theres also the JFL Festival and Fan Expo that weekend.
You have many a bars/restaurants to go to.

Skate at Robson Square. Skiing. Whistler get away. Suspension Bridge. Hiking. Art Gallery. Seawall is a great for scenery.
Weather probably wont be on your side. Rarely is here. There are lots of fun places and sites to go to honestly. Google it or narrow down what your interests are. Indoor and outdoor makes a big difference.

I live in Vancouver. Ill be at the game too!

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
While we are on the topic... I have loose plans to go to BC in March. Going to visit friends in Chilliwack (I think that's the town) and try and catch a game. Is it feasible to make the drive from Chilliwack and Vancouver for a game or would you recommend to just spend the night in Vancouver?

ReptilianQuack

Jan 17, 2019
Vancouver
While we are on the topic... I have loose plans to go to BC in March. Going to visit friends in Chilliwack (I think that's the town) and try and catch a game. Is it feasible to make the drive from Chilliwack and Vancouver for a game or would you recommend to just spend the night in Vancouver?

Its only like 130-2 hour drive give or take. The Vancouver Giants play in Langley closer to you. An Abbotsford (very close by) has good comedians/shows going on a plenty.

Im 30 mins from Rogers Arena and I skytrain an stay DT. You can really enjoy the bars/restaurants/night life that way.
Stay at the Sandman (1 min from arena) for $125 Canadian a night. Its worth it!!

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I have a free extra ticket to the Ducks game tomorrow. So if anyone wants to see the ducks get blown out and hear "Go Oilers Go" message me.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
If you don't like ads, download Firefox Focus for your phone. Only downside is that you have might have to login a few more times because it doesn't store cookies for persistent login, but it blocks all ads and scripts.

Stop using the built in browser on your phone (whether it's Chrome or whatever shitty thing iOS and Samsung force you to use)

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
A group of Swedish Hampus Lindholm fans was at the game. They are from his home area and fans of the local team in Sweden and Lindholm. As he is injured they didn't get to see him play, but he met up with them and took them on a tour. No, I'm not one of them as I'm from another part of Sweden.

Article in Swedish newspaper, of course in the borka borka language.
Här dyker ”maffian” upp – för att stötta svensken

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I went out to buy tampons and toilet paper (an actual need, not hoarding) and everyone at the store is walking out with baskets full of water, toilet paper and lysol. It looked like that old show Supermarket Sweep. People need to chill!!! For sure be cautious but enough with the panic!

Tommy Lee Jones/Agent K was right.

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
I went out to buy tampons and toilet paper (an actual need, not hoarding) and everyone at the store is walking out with baskets full of water, toilet paper and lysol. It looked like that old show Supermarket Sweep. People need to chill!!! For sure be cautious but enough with the panic!

Tommy Lee Jones/Agent K was right.

Elvis isn't dead he just went home?

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
They "paused" it. How's life in Italy rn?

People on the trains are a fraction of what they are in normal times, which gives an idea, railway stations are mostly ghost towns. I was yesterday night in Venice and it was basically empty. The "complete lockdown" is in reality just another partial one, not sure it will work well if it isn't made more effective (way too many factories, shops and services are still running). Transports will continue to run, even if with some cuts. I use mask for work, not a big deal to me as I use it when I travel to Japan. Slovenia has put physical barriers on the borders and most of the airlines have stopped flights.
Better times will come...

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
People on the trains are a fraction of what they are in normal times, which gives an idea, railway stations are mostly ghost towns. I was yesterday night in Venice and it was basically empty. The "complete lockdown" is in reality just another partial one, not sure it will work well if it isn't made more effective (way too many factories, shops and services are still running). Transports will continue to run, even if with some cuts. I use mask for work, not a big deal to me as I use it when I travel to Japan. Slovenia has put physical barriers on the borders and most of the airlines have stopped flights.
Better times will come...
Be safe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad