OT: New OT Bread

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Baby Yoda??? Isn't that the Russian Witch that lives in a hut with chicken legs????

I accept that I am older and some of you may not get this joke.
Ah, you mean John Wick. Mussorgsky composed a song about him. You think he's back?

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Worth checking out even if you're just a casual SW fan like myself. It's a standalone story so you don't even need to know the canon (though it wouldn't hurt).

Reactions: dracom

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
78641705_2568912703218284_6226707585601372160_n.png

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
How do we petition Honda Center to add this anytime Rico does something great?

Or maybe I'll just use it whenever I pick him for 1st goal.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Vox is cutting off all CA based freelance writer/editors of their blogs. Though not of their choice because California pass a law that states no freelance writer can produce more 35 freelance articles, forcing companies to hire them on as employees so as to receive benefits. Unfortunately, this will cost a lot of freelance writers in CA to lose all sorts of writing jobs b/c companies can hire freelance writers from anywhere else, but CA. Any CA freelance writer for any paying blog, vlog, online newspaper, journo, etc... will suffer the same fate of a limited 35 freelance articles and no more per year.

It's crazy to lose your community editors/writers. I belong to a few SBNation blogs, but for hockey, this is my first source. I'd hate to lose this site!

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Baby Yoda??? Isn't that the Russian Witch that lives in a hut with chicken legs????

I accept that I am older and some of you may not get this joke.

I saw the most recent iteration of Hell Boy on HBO. They showed that exact imagery you stated! BTW, not really a fan of the most recent iteration of Hell Boy. heh

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
The Mandalorian is amazing, and that’s John Favreau run.

Yeah, I feel like they had all of these examples of what works with their Marvel side of things, and just decided to ignore it and go a different route.

They also had a pretty good example of what people didn’t like in the past with the prequels. You can only live on the Star Wars brand for so long before it just becomes garbage. I did enjoy Rogue One, but that’s about it. The Mandalorian has been refreshing for the brand.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Yeah, I feel like they had all of these examples of what works with their Marvel side of things, and just decided to ignore it and go a different route.

They also had a pretty good example of what people didn’t like in the past with the prequels. You can only live on the Star Wars brand for so long before it just becomes garbage. I did enjoy Rogue One, but that’s about it. The Mandalorian has been refreshing for the brand.
I really liked Rogue One with the exception of the cheesy beach scene. The Vader scene was perfect.

I want to see the Red vs Blue Scout Troopers in every episode going forward.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I really liked Rogue One with the exception of the cheesy beach scene. The Vader scene was perfect.

I want to see the Red vs Blue Scout Troopers in every episode going forward.

Disney, and I feel like Lucas before them, don't seem to understand that some of the best parts of Star Wars is the darker stuff. Empire Strikes Back, and Rogue One being two great examples of it, past and present. It felt grittier, but still had plenty of opportunity for levity. It's exactly that kind of thing that has me enjoying The Mandalorian. I mean, there's a lot more to it, but that's definitely one of my peeves.

That took me by surprise. The conversation, and then they couldn't hit something like 3 yards away. It was perfect.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->