GDT: New Jersey Devils vs. Philadelphia Flyers: More Special Sauce? Yup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
so .....where is last season's performance now?

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/e/emeryra01.html

what a farce.

Worst goalie in the league and I don't even think that's a stretch. If not for his 20 win fluke last season he would have been on the unemployment line with Mathieu Garon. He's been the worst goalie in the league since 07-08. The fact the Flyers signed him to possibly be their number 1 (If Mason didn't work) is a joke. I've been saying he wasn't good the whole time, despite what a few delusional Blackhawks fans claimed, and a couple Flyers fans who were actually happy with this signing.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm worried we're going to get our just desserts tonight with all these people wishing Zajac out. It's one thing to say the guy's been a dissapointment and not living up to his contract offensively but let's get real here...in what universe is Josefson better than Zajac at ANY aspect of hockey (aside from speed I suppose)? It's even debatable whether he's a better player than Gionta at the moment, let alone Zajac.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm worried we're going to get our just desserts tonight with all these people wishing Zajac out. It's one thing to say the guy's been a dissapointment and not living up to his contract offensively but let's get real here...in what universe is Josefson better than Zajac at ANY aspect of hockey (aside from speed I suppose)? It's even debatable whether he's a better player than Gionta at the moment, let alone Zajac.

Josefson is also the worst offensive forward we have. Brunner will likely be invisible playing with him. I'm not happy about Zajac being out.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeaa lets keep him out cause of injury.

Josefson should play but not over Zajac. Guarantee you Zajac will be missed big time on faceoffs, defensive zone starts and PK .

I mean god did any of these people see how BAD Josefson was at the above last year? Not to mention no Zajac is an excuse for Pete to give even more time to his adopted younger brother (baby Gio) on the PK.

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
If Josefson is given top line minutes we may be in some trouble. Then again, it's not like I want Gio taking his spot. Ugh. Hopefully Zajac is back for Sunday.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
Here's hoping Jagr has a huge game tonight; he sits at 1698 career points and needs just 2 to hit the plateau. He needs 3 Pts to bring his season average to PPG pace. I hope he can do both tonight.

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
I was at that game with Warburton (Puddy) and the banner raising. Awesome experience. I hadn't been into Seinfeld at the time, so as I recall, I didn't get the instant recognition of this fan coming on the ice and almost slipping. But, of course, he's entrenched in our lore now.

Here's an excerpt from a recap during our finals run in '12:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303360504577410580675842446

I tried to find a video but i couldnt. Is there a video?

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
i need some opinions - from a coaching perspective, do you think that the flyers are pretty much going to avoid what happened last night? the way i see it, it's bad enough that the league turned a blind eye to a lot of major incidence (i.e. emery's assault), but i don't think they could if it happened twice in a row.

i'm expecting some dirty hits and maybe a fight or two, but do you think they're gonna tone it down and try to play tonight?

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
i need some opinions - from a coaching perspective, do you think that the flyers are pretty much going to avoid what happened last night? the way i see it, it's bad enough that the league turned a blind eye to a lot of major incidence (i.e. emery's assault), but i don't think they could if it happened twice in a row.

i'm expecting some dirty hits and maybe a fight or two, but do you think they're gonna tone it down and try to play tonight?

i think they will tone it down, and actually play tonight. they were embarrassed on the scoreboard and their goon tactics didn't work. they ended up getting the worst of the fights.

i expect them to come out strong.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Chere:

Devils' Ryan Carter: If Flyers want to brawl, I'll be right there in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad