GDT: New Jersey Devils vs. Philadelphia Flyers: More Special Sauce? Yup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC107*

The coaching staff of the Devils should be fired. The team was not prepared to play last night.

Madik77

Jun 9, 2006
The coaching staff of the Devils should be fired. The team was not prepared to play last night.

This. It was terrible game yesterday. The worst thing is that they looked like they dont even care:shakehead. Maybe except Marty and Jagr. They should have boosted the tempo at least in the 3rd put everything on Emery and go to the net. Instead only 3 **** shots? They though that Flyers will defeat themselves alone. As you wrote they were not prepared to play!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
but it looks impossible

minnesota, philly, toronto, nashville rangers, kings, pens......before the death trip to calfornia.

this schedule is so unforgiving for them.

edit: i don't even get mad anymore. i didn't expect a playoff team, but my expectations keep getting lower.

That's the problem that's why this loss, or giving away points at Vancouver and Edmonton drives me crazy. They literally can't afford to **** away points, they could be completely buried - even in a bad division - by Thanksgiving. This was our only stretch where you could say, hey we could win 4 of 5, 5 of 7. Then we lose Elias/Zajac and the team no-shows.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Anyway, the team always comeback with a very strong effort after they've had a very poor one.

If we lose tonight...PANIC!

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
Gonna add some positives that I saw from this game. I thought Larsson had a solid game defensively. Cannot remember any turnovers in our own zone. Marty obviously played well. Thought Jagr was great and on a normal team woulda had 3 assists tonight. Josefson was noticeable but the problem is we have 2 centers who play a similar 2-way game. I also though Volch had some good moments.

Tedenby needs to be waived. In this system he's honestly just a waste of a roster spot. Also Olesz needs to be bench. He's terrible.

Agree on Tedenby. We have seen enough games at this point. He wasn't 1st round pick material. He had a wide open net last night on that pass in front of the net and he didn't have his stick in position to tap it home. There should be no worry about losing him to another team and he will probably pass through waivers anyway to play on Albany.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'd like to see Tedenby play a couple games when the team isn't a total black hole, but I'm slowly starting to accept that he may not ever make it. Still don't want to give up on the kid though.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
You can't bag on Tedenby if everyone else is offensively invisible. But Tedenby has been very ineffective.

Buckingham Claude*

Last night was horrible.

Saturday night is too valuable to waste on a 1-0 no effort shut out.

I love seeing Volchenkov and Gionta on the power play. It makes me feel so good about the team.

I also love dump and chase power play hockey.

It is like a pinball machine. It spits the ball back out.

Love it love it love it!!!!!!:dainty::dainty::dainty::dainty:

Buckingham Claude*

I'd like to see Tedenby play a couple games when the team isn't a total black hole, but I'm slowly starting to accept that he may not ever make it. Still don't want to give up on the kid though.

Agree, Tedenby would fit on a team that is deep and would add a little spunk.

We have a lot of slugs on this team, including the coach.

They will probably lose again tonight and Deboer will be fired this week.

We will still be left with a Lamoriello team full of 3rd liners, however maybe a hard nosed coach can spark some energy and we can tweak the team with some small trades.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
They lost 1-0, the world's going to end.

The Devils despite their low shot count (Ryder's post doesn't count), they didn't play such a bad game.

Brodeur and Jagr played well and Elias and Zajac were missing, teams have bad games.

I bet the Penguins' fanbase wouldn't be overreacting if they lost to the Flyers.

Status Quo*

The Devils despite their low shot count (Ryder's post doesn't count), they didn't play such a bad game.

Brodeur and Jagr played well and Elias and Zajac were missing, teams have bad games.

I bet the Penguins' fanbase wouldn't be overreacting if they lost to the Flyers.
Yeah they would. The Flyers are a steaming pile of hot garbage.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

The Pens are sitting a top the Metro division, so it wouldn't hurt them as much. We on the other hand started out piss poor and have our 1st 2 game winning streak of the season, with loads of time off, come in with a ****** effort like that. I think we have the right to over-react a bit. The low shot count can't be understated at all. The Flyers just came off an absolute beating against the Caps, Emery isn't an excellent goalie to begin with, and to only test him 14 times, 14 weak weak times, is simply not enough. They went for the cute plays all night long and passed up on a lot of opportunities to shoot.

It's not the end of the season by any means, but that is one game where they have to at least get a point from. Hell just show to play, if they did that and still lost I wouldn't be that pissed. But besides Jagr and Brodeur no one came to play yesterday, which is absolutely pathetic. A division rival like the Flyers isn't a game they should have to try and pump themselves up for, they should have circled this game on their calendar and came out with a fire under their ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->