GDT: New Jersey Devils vs. Philadelphia Flyers: More Special Sauce? Yup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elias2626

Aug 1, 2013
Honest question.... What do you think happens if Emery was to go after and pick a fight with Brodeur? How would Devils players on the ice, Deboer, and Brodeur react? What would be Brodeur's comments after the game?

Status Quo*

I just want to see the Filthy Cryers humiliated tonight. That stupid team got two of their top line sent to the hospital for getting beat up even, what a clown show.

Gelinas gets Gordie Howe hat trick after surprising everyone by beating the snot out of Rinaldo.
Final score 147 - 0 Devils (Flyers left early in shame, so Elias and Jagr just shot pucks into an empty net laughing for the last 5 minutes).

Does Jagr get the game winner???

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Honest question.... What do you think happens if Emery was to go after and pick a fight with Brodeur? How would Devils players on the ice, Deboer, and Brodeur react? What would be Brodeur's comments after the game?

I guess Marty would Hextall him.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013

If the exact scenario happened and Marty declined the fight and Emery tried to engage I could see our entire team taking a suspension.

I would lose all respect for anyone who didn't jump in and stop it. And I mean anyone. I mean the guys on the bench too. Lou and Pete and the fans closest to the glass.

The face of your franchise pummeled by a sack of **** on your home ice?

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
This game will be so easy.. Philly is such a joke of a franchise and their fans are idiots for so strongly supporting it

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

I think Marty would clock him with the stick in a couple of well-timed locations if Emery ignored his request to decline the fight and not turtle up for twenty seconds like Holtby. Pete would yell at Berube on the bench but we'd never know what was said between them, and that would be the end of it. AND I think the refs would have enough respect for Marty to step in on that one anyway.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
I think Marty would clock him with the stick in a couple of well-timed locations if Emery ignored his request to decline the fight and not turtle up for twenty seconds like Holtby. Pete would yell at Berube on the bench but we'd never know what was said between them, and that would be the end of it. AND I think the refs would have enough respect for Marty to step in on that one anyway.

Something tells me Stevens would go nuts on the Flyers bench.:laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And anyone who's 'glad' Zajac is hurt just so Josefson can get a chance...you're taking this game way too lightly. The Flyers aren't going to roll over and lose 7-0 again tonight. We still need to keep the winning streak going a little while longer to get out of the hole.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013

On the bench? He better be on the ice breaking it up.

I think Marty would get destroyed. Emery is certifiably insane. Marty would have no shot. I want no part of that. Marty should decline any fight. Why risk having that video around on the internet?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

That too...HE'D be the one to take a suspension if anything. He was like a caged animal trapped in the penalty box when Domi clocked Nieds in the playoffs.

Jossipov

Patty's Better
Oct 7, 2010
Bronx, NY

There would be a riot. Like a real riot. Flyers bus would get torched and they would have to run back to Philly like in The Warriors

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Hopefully Yayo can play well and pot one. I think Henrique stays hot and gets 2 tonight, he's been really good the last 2 games. LGD

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
puddy.jpg

That's awesome, when was this back in the CAA days?

I was at that game with Warburton (Puddy) and the banner raising. Awesome experience. I hadn't been into Seinfeld at the time, so as I recall, I didn't get the instant recognition of this fan coming on the ice and almost slipping. But, of course, he's entrenched in our lore now.

Here's an excerpt from a recap during our finals run in '12:

Warburton, who was born in Paterson, N.J., but raised in Southern California, wound up doing 10 episodes of "Seinfeld," becoming one of the series's most memorable side characters. But the Devils episode, called "The Face Painter," has enjoyed an especially long reach. The Devils franchise wound up using Puddy video clips during games in their 1995 Cup run—they still use them—and they invited Warburton to their opening-night championship tribute the following year.

Before that 1995 puck-dropping ceremony, the Devils asked Warburton if he'd do them a favor: Would he paint a D on his bare chest? The actor resisted; he was already painting his face and wearing a team jersey.

But Warburton relented, and it turned out to be a wise move. After dropping the puck during a red-carpet presentation, Warburton was stepping across the rink when he slipped and nearly fell, only to regain his balance. Sensing an awkward moment, he ripped his shirt off.

"I was so thankful I had that D painted on my chest," Warburton said. "The whole place went crazy."

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303360504577410580675842446

Status Quo*

Deciding whether I want to go tonight or not. I fear we might lose if I go hahaha

Beetlebum*

There would be a riot. Like a real riot. Flyers bus would get torched and they would have to run back to Philly like in The Warriors

You joke, but I could honestly see a big problem erupting in the arena with fans trying to climb over the glass. It would be bad for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad