GDT: New Jersey Devils at Ottawa Senators - 7PM - TSN5 - Exorcist at the Canadian Tire Centre

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
We certainly were not managing the puck well, we gave them the chances rather than them creating them, but in the end of the goalie let's in 6 now, you aren't winning.

It's easy to blame the goalie, we could have helped him out more, but Korpisalo was not good at all

I counted 3-4 times Sens got the zone and Brady just bone head blind passed the puck back to NJ and the could coni g back the other way at high speed - brutal. Captain was bad tonight

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I'd replace Kubalik, Brannstrom, Tank, Chychrun/Chabot, Kastellic for some meat and potatoes type of player in the offseason if there isn't a semblance of consistency.

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
I can’t believe people are blaming Korpi

This was a shit game by the entire TEAM
Both can be true. The team played like shit but our goaltending this year has been absolutely awful. Like bottom of the league awful. Hard to get momentum going when our goalies let in back breaking soft goals whenever we make a mistake

Reactions: Emrasie

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Sanderson had a decent game I thought. Otherwise everyone looked mediocre to bad.

Just not a very good team this season. Hopefully some structure helps. It can only cover up poor depth and top-end guys who are not elite so much though.

Reactions: LiseL

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
So ... rebuild?
Hehe.

I kid.

Maybe.
No not a rebuild but the team does need to inject some hustlers into the lineup. 4th line typically is supposed to provide energy and it's currently severely lacking. Kastellic is quite useless aside from face offs. He impressed last year but since he got his contract he looks like ass.

Chychrun as good as he is offensively he is quite stupid defensively.

Tank is a complimentary piece on a contender which the Sens aren't even close to being. Recoup some assets for him and do not handcuff yourself longterm with him.

Kubalik, other than the odd Kubalik my balls saying is pretty much balls.

Brannstrom is too small and redundant and I generally like him.

Need a hard coach that will grind these guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Joeffice

Mar 11, 2023
Regina
He'll get lit up too.

Beyond that, I almost wouldn't want to bring anybody else in who the team is hopeful to be a part of the core down the road.

As a group, they are a bunch of losers, who don't know how to do anything but lose.
It's going to take Martin (or whoever) a lot of time and sweat to reprogram.

Not that Belleville is any better I suppose.

Best in class baby!

Reactions: LiseL and Alex1234

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not many positives to pull out of this one.

Too many mistakes/turnovers. Few saves to bail them out.
Can't win puck battles losing possession

When things went south they seemed to revert to bad habits they have honed for the last few years,

Sens need their top 2Cs going .. and they didn't get that tonight.
Greig didn't have his best game.
Kastelic ; we need to upgrade.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
No not a rebuild but the team does need to inject some hustlers into the lineup. 4th line typically is supposed to provide energy and it's currently severely lacking. Kastellic is quite useless aside from face offs. He impressed last year but since he got his contract he looks like ass.

Chychrun as good as he is offensively he is quite stupid defensively.

Tank is a complimentary piece on a contender which the Sens aren't even close to being. Recoup some assets for him and do not handcuff yourself longterm with him.

Kubalik, other than the odd Kubalik my balls saying is pretty much balls.

Brannstrom is too small and redundant and I like generally like him.

Need a hard coach that will grind these guys.

I like having the 4 LHD we do in Chychrun, Sanderson, Chabot, and Brannstrom. But I think there's a fundamental flaw in having 4 defensemen in that mold on the same team playing defense (They're all soft, and it makes the entire D unit too soft).

Just a poorly constructed defense. That's not even going into Hamonic on the right side which is also a problem.

Some of those soft LHD (Not Sanderson) need to be ejected in the offseason for more beefy top 4s.

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Prime Dominik Hasek, Carey Price, maybe someone like Lundqvist.

Todays goalies? mayyyybe Hellebuyck.
Lots of goalies could have had a better night than Korpi today, he wasn't hung out to dry or anything, other teams will get chances, NJ didn't really create all that much tonight despite the score.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Senovision

May 23, 2011
At this point I'm pretty much cool with anyone being traded away as a shakeup. Stutzle, Sanderson and Tkachuk are hard maybe's, but this current group just doesn't have what it takes between the ears to make anything meaningful happen.
Yes I agree, there are a lot of dough-heads on this team. They don't know how to read and react. They don't make decisions on the ice quick enough. If a coach tells them that this is where they should be on the ice, then that's exactly where they stand like statues. Hockey is a very reactionary sport. Coaches can tell you where to stand or be on the ice but you need to have some smarts and be able to move to prevent goals or cut off obvious open lanes. They don't seem to be able to make split second in game/ in play decisions.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I can’t believe people are blaming Korpi

This was a shit game by the entire TEAM
Hard to argue with that.

Korpi may not have had a good game but he had a whole lot of company and its not all on him.

Goal 1 ...could have had a save
Goal 2 PP . mistake filled by the PK
Goal 3 Giveaway ... Mercer walked right to the net untouched
Goal 4 Giveaway ... Toffoli one timer , not blaming the goalie
Goal 5 Breakaway ... Good move by Smith the goal scorer lol.
Goal 6 Poor Dzone coverage .. Would like a stop on that one... but the game is already over anyway.

Sens certainly gave them a lot

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I counted 3-4 times Sens got the zone and Brady just bone head blind passed the puck back to NJ and the could coni g back the other way at high speed - brutal. Captain was bad tonight
He’s been pretty bad ever since calling out the fans for being upset at 7 (!!!) years of sucking

The other night in Toronto cost a goal in the first and could have costed a few more with terrible zone exits turnovers right in the middle

Couple times tonight as a LW he was in the right corner behind the goal line in our zone. Cherry picked. Until he buys in idk….

I have lots of respect for him, but starting shit when we lose and getting drunk and screaming we’re winning the cup doesnt do it anymore.

Need results

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad