GDT: New Jersey Devils at Ottawa Senators - 7PM - TSN5 - Exorcist at the Canadian Tire Centre

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
People may also be underestimating how crucial Chabot is to this team. Really hope he's back sooner than later. Pinto coming back will help a ton as well.
Other issues: 1) Zub has not played that well since coming back from his injury and 2) Sanderson has regressed from being great to good. Right now I wouldn't offer him and $8 million per year contract.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Don't have to qualify it.
Quite the off season he had.
It’s just more frustrating looking at the other goalies he’s signed.

Murray
Nilsson (actually looked decent until injury)
Condon
Forsberg
Hammond (can’t remember if that was Murray or Dorion)

The point is, he overpays and gives too many years to all the goalies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It’s just more frustrating looking at the other goalies he’s signed.

Murray
Nilsson (actually looked decent until injury)
Condon
Forsberg
Hammond (can’t remember if that was Murray or Dorion)

The point is, he overpays and gives too many years to all the goalies.
I understand .. He is just bad .. Very costly for this org to hang on to him as long as they did

Reactions: DrEasy and h2

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Maybe swiftwin was right. Maybe they look the same under Martin as they did DJ. That would mean Dorion constructed a terrible roster and is a terrible GM but that can't be right either because Dorion is apparently a genius.

200w.gif

Senovision

May 23, 2011
When does Brady fight Michael McLeod?
Why doesn't Greig? Chychrun? Kastelic? There are a lot of big boys on our team other than Brady that should be able to fight. My point is we can't always have Brady be the only player on our team that can fight.

Reactions: bashbros32

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
Maybe swiftwin was right. Maybe they look the same under Martin as they did DJ. That would mean Dorion constructed a terrible roster and is a terrible GM but that can't be right either because Dorion is apparently a genius.

View attachment 792346
We promoted the kids way too fast and they still have a lot to learn from real NHL coaches. This is going to take a few years to sort out.

h2

Mar 26, 2002

View attachment 792346

I do think it’s a badly constructed roster. Too much skill, not enough beef. Too many floaters that won’t ever pay the price and were brought up in a country club atmosphere by an OHL coach.

JM can help patch some holes, but there needs to be personnel changes before next season. It’s just a bad mix of players. We need more players to buy into a system and willing to skate through a brick wall to grind a win.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I do think it’s a badly constructed roster. Too much skill, not enough beef. Too many floaters that won’t ever pay the price and were brought up in a country club atmosphere by an OHL coach.

JM can help patch some holes, but there needs to be personnel changes before next season. It’s just a bad mix of players. We need more players to buy into a system and willing to skate through a brick wall to grind a win.
That shouldn’t be a reason to lose so much in the regular season.

Reactions: Pierre from Orleans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad