GDT: New Jersey Devils at Ottawa Senators - 7PM - TSN5 - Exorcist at the Canadian Tire Centre

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Are we allowed to start a thread and ask what's going on with the London situation

He’s playing in a tournament vs Team Canada. So he’s part of a sanctioned team canada event. He’s making the news on TSN, CBC and Soortnset showing his goals

Why not?

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
So glad I did not invest any time in watching, what I’m hearing was a stinking mess of a game last night.

two steps backwards, one step forward, seems to be where the team is at right now

Reactions: LiseL

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
DJ said the same thing. Mental issues.

WTF. Call a doctor!

View attachment 792465
1703947087808.png

• Love
Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
So glad I did not invest any time in watching, what I’m hearing was a stinking mess of a game last night.

two steps backwards, one step forward, seems to be where the team is at right now
What are you doing here?

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Would looove to see them succeed
Dont think this roster is good enough
Losers mentality

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Jersey is firing on all cylinders right now and is a much better team than the Leafs we saw last game. Full credit to them for the win.

The Sens gave up a lot of turnovers both from not thinking, but also a lot from Jersey being so aggresive on defense. On the PK, the contrast was pretty stark with the way Jersey quickly pressured the points and the puck.

I agree with comments about the team reverting to old habits under stress and fire. The rest of this season is going to basically be a long training camp.
Jersey outworked Ottawa everywhere on the ice. They played cohesive and together. Ottawa looked farcical and unprepared as usual

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Been saying it for a while: the roster is underachieving but not by a ton.

I don't think it is mental though, we just aren't very good.

Some of both I think.

They did not compete last night. No intensity. No focus. Poor effort. You may be better than me but I am going to do everything I can to make your life miserable and never quit . None of that. That's mental.

Being outmatched if you are giving it your all means we are not as good. I definitely think there is some of that.

Reactions: Emrasie

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Jersey outworked Ottawa everywhere on the ice. They played cohesive and together. Ottawa looked farcical and unprepared as usual
I disagree. New Jersey was definitely better. But New Jersey also had like 1 bad giveaway. It resulted in a goal against.

We had 4 even worse giveaways. All ended up in our net. The players play scared. They get that puck and priority 1 is survive. Their fight or flight is like on 100% of the time.

Other than that. I thought we did ok. A few times you could see Martin’s coaching influence. I mean you could see the guys sometimes wanna hammer that puck up the boards and they would pull back evade the forechecker and we would have an extra 30 seconds with the puck. But the bad habits creep back in sometimes.

DJ completely f***ed up these kids. Gonna take a while.

Also. Every single Dman play bad last night. And Hamonic was still noticeably our worst one

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So... We are tanking while having to give a first sometime in the next 3 years... Great
The cost of keeping Dorion around has been huge.

Where we have finished in any year since 2017 , would you think we are a player away from competing for the cup?
Why give up 1st round picks? Hey really good player ... go get him , spend picks. When you are still years away from competing ..makes no sense.
Just this off season alone ... after not having a 1st at the draft
Predictable loss in the return for Debrincat
5 years of Korpisalo ..
3 years of MacKewen
2 years of Hamonic with a NMC
signing Tarasenko pushing you to the cap limit with no room to sign a bright young C.. that put up 20 goals as a rookie

The incompetence just never stopped .. and with no reigns on him fighting to keep his job.. this is what he gave us.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021

Where we have finished in any year since 2017 , would you think we are a player away from competing for the cup?
Why give up 1st round picks? Hey really good player ... go get him , spend picks. When you are still years away from competing ..makes no sense.
5 years of Korpisalo ..
3 years of MacKewen
signing Tarasenko pushing you to the cap limit with no room to sign a bright young C.. that put up 20 goals as a rookie

The incompetence just never stopped .. and with no reigns on him fighting to keep his job.. this is what he gave us.
Has anybody heard from/about him lately?

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
NJ was in a different league from the Sens. Faster, more cohesive, more skilled. The Hughes brothers have Sedin-like telepathy on the ice. In contrast, our team looks like a badly stitched together Frankenstein's monster of a team. How much of this is coaching, how much of it is roster? Probably goes 50-50.

When it comes to the roster, we could really use a calm PMD playing 20+ minutes, help the PP, and help puck possession overall. We could also really use a fast tenacious player for our PK and with some offensive touch to improve our bottom 6 depth. Well, I have some good news on those fronts!

Reactions: coladin

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I disagree. New Jersey was definitely better. But New Jersey also had like 1 bad giveaway. It resulted in a goal against.

We had 4 even worse giveaways. All ended up in our net. The players play scared. They get that puck and priority 1 is survive. Their fight or flight is like on 100% of the time.

Other than that. I thought we did ok. A few times you could see Martin’s coaching influence. I mean you could see the guys sometimes wanna hammer that puck up the boards and they would pull back evade the forechecker and we would have an extra 30 seconds with the puck. But the bad habits creep back in sometimes.

DJ completely f***ed up these kids. Gonna take a while.

Also. Every single Dman play bad last night. And Hamonic was still noticeably our worst one
The Titanic just barely grazed an iceberg. Other than that, it did ok

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa

5 years of Korpisalo ..
3 years of MacKewen

When the team was well under the cap it was a bit easier to take, But the cap is filled and this is where it is at is tough to take.

KnockHobbler

Sep 13, 2018
Straight up ban Dorion from the city of Ottawa. Exile him. No Gabriel’s pizza for the rest of his life. He can go kick rocks

• Haha
Reactions: TheNewEra

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I thought Zub's effort on the Mercer goal summed everything up. Gets beat on the wall and then never bothers trying to get goal side as Mercer powers to the net and scores. Atrocious defending of the highest order.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I thought Zub's effort on the Mercer goal summed everything up. Gets beat on the wall and then never bothers trying to get goal side as Mercer powers to the net and scores. Atrocious defending of the highest order.
Matched tarasenkos effort on the goal right after that.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad