GDT: New Jersey Devils at Ottawa Senators - 7PM - TSN5 - Exorcist at the Canadian Tire Centre

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dj: Well we didn't get the bounces once again. So hopefully the team keeps at it and the bounces will eventually come.

Reporter: Wait a second, weren't you just fired a couple of weeks ago?

Dj: Yes, but i am still here in spirit. *winks*
I didn't mean from the coaches ... I am sure we don't hear that from Martin

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Took a step back tonight. I guess we can't expect consistency.
I actually don’t think we looked terrible. Goals 2-3-4 were like just horrific giveaways. Needless. Just players being stupid.

The first goal was like…not sure what korpisalo doing? Does he no expect the other team to shoot the puck?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Difference has been we aren't getting the saves, we gave up far more quality chances against Toronto,
Maybe but I found we were better in the 2nd at least vs Toronto.
The giveaways and glaring errors were not there.
Toronto can generate chances

h2

Mar 26, 2002
That shouldn’t be a reason to lose so much in the regular season.

Why not?

I saw Norris completely give up on a 50/50 battle for the puck off the opening faceoff in OT vs Pit last Saturday which led to Pittsburgh obtaining initial possession. He completely gave up on the puck instead of driving the body and winning that battle.

That mindset will lose you games in the regular season. Not the only issue we have but it’s a notable egregious play lately that I will never forget.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
do think it’s a badly constructed roster. Too much skill, not enough beef. Too many floaters that won’t ever pay the price and were brought up in a country club atmosphere by an OHL coach
Actually not enough compete. Your second line says it all.

Reactions: LiseL

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I actually don’t think we looked terrible. Goals 2-3-4 were like just horrific giveaways. Needless. Just players being stupid.

The first goal was like…not sure what korpisalo doing? Does he no expect the other team to shoot the puck?
I think they lost their composure

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Not a great game by Korpi but then again find it real hard to blame the Gs when every single one of them who leaves plays excellent elsewhere.

At some point maybe gotta start looking in front of them and realize the team maybe just isnt that good

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Why not?

I saw Norris completely give up on a 50/50 battle for the puck off the opening faceoff in OT vs Pit last Saturday which led to Pittsburgh obtaining initial possession. He completely gave up on the puck instead of driving the body and winning that battle.

That mindset will lose you games in the regular season. Not the only issue we have but it’s a notable egregious play lately that I will never forget.
That’s not about beef vs skill. That’s about tenacity. Our biggest problem has been giving up to puck so f***in much.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
We have the friendliest defensemen in the NHL.
The Mr. Rogers dcore..........Won't you be my neighbour.
I like to stand beside opposing players while they score goals and watch admiringly.
They lollygag over here and they lollygag over there.....you know what that makes them? A bunch of lollygaggers!! (Bull Durham reference)

Last edited:

h2

Mar 26, 2002
That’s not about beef vs skill. That’s about tenacity. Our biggest problem has been giving up to puck so f***in much.
Sure, I’ll agree with the difference explained there. We still need beef though, especially on the back end.

Reactions: Flamingo

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Maybe but I found we were better in the 2nd at least vs Toronto.
The giveaways and glaring errors were not there.
Toronto can generate chances
We certainly were not managing the puck well, we gave them the chances rather than them creating them, but in the end of the goalie let's in 6 now, you aren't winning.

It's easy to blame the goalie, we could have helped him out more, but Korpisalo was not good at all

Reactions: DueDiligence

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We certainly were not managing the puck well, we gave them the chances rather than them creating them, but in the end of the goalie let's in 6 now, you aren't winning.

It's easy to blame the goalie, we could have helped him out more, but Korpisalo was not good at all
He struggles with consistency and its been a problem with him for a while.
It was a team effort

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad