New Intro for the Canucks

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Every time I hear that "bang bang" tripe, a little piece of me dies.

Me too. It's so damn cheesy. I really hate it. Doesn't get me pumped up at all.
Throw on some Rock and Roll Part 2 or Zombie Nation or Song 2 by Blur. I don't care if lots of other teams use it. They're all awesome and get the crowd pumped up.

That new intro song is horrendous.

I am very happy to see that the youtube comments on this new video are pretty much ripping the song as well as dj dave. He deserves it.

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Bring back the U2 intro. Any way we can complain about DJDave and get him fired? I'd be so giddy if we could get him replaced with someone that can give us a hockey atmosphere.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Bring back the U2 intro. Any way we can complain about DJDave and get him fired? I'd be so giddy if we could get him replaced with someone that can give us a hockey atmosphere.

They can hire me ;) I'll do it for free if I can watch every game!

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Downright brutal. It's just top 40's and euro-club crap. Stark difference between the early 2000's when they'd still play 80's and early 90's rock during games.

Then again, the demographics (age, race, gender) attending the games have somewhat, so perhaps that accounts for the absurd selection.

Scottrockztheworld*

I think we need to sign up DJ Dave on here, and start taking suggestions from here rather than CDC or his children.
or we could just push him off Lion's Gate.... :nod:

How that man still has a job is beyond me :shakehead We need to be setting an atmosphere/tone... not pumping out as much top 40 crap as possible in 2.5 hours.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Any footage of the actual video? Who cares about the flashing lights and all that garbage.

This is still one of my favourite intro's. Always got me pumped up on the big screen. The one they introducd after was such a joke. We don't want to see these guys doing charity work and buying coffees when we're trying to get pumped up for a hockey game.

Watching this after the new intro makes me cry. How can you go from EPIC to... whatever the hell they're doing now?

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
The new one does not make me feel like a hockey game is starting. I don't get it. There is nothing energizing at all about it.

TheDiver*

Terrible. How the hell does DJ Dave still have a job? He must have some nude photos of someone.

In fairness to DJ Dave I know a little about this...

Let's just say its not all his doing.

There is an entire in-house production staff, and management and Canucks staff have the final say on everyhing....decisions aren't jus made by him.

As for he goal song...remember the Canucks are a corporation with sponsors who try to be a "family" and "community" organization. Remember the lead singer of Green Day, who did last season's goal song, recently checked into rehab after a public outburst.

As well, I know even players havesome input as to in-game and warm up music.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Same crappy food, same terrible music, same decrepit looking concourse plus a few flatscreens. Same funereal silence for 90% of the games. The Aquilinis have done nothing to improve the experience of going to a game since buying the team. I would say the atmosphere at Rogers right now is the worst it has ever been since the arena opened.

First step is we kill DJ Dave.

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Can we just use the Seven Nations Army song for our goal song?

See... this is the problem.

Nobody will EVER EVER EVER agree on anything to do with music. This is a perfect example because I'd rather run off a cliff then hear that song played after we scored. I actually miss Holiday to be honest. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. Sure it was a Green Day song, but we don't even hear a single lyric.

One thing that always bugs me is when people discredit the old U2 opening by saying the lyrics are for wussies since its "I wanna run, I wanna hide". Yes. That's true. The lyrics are as such, but they don't even play a single lyric in the intro. It's just instrumental and it sounds so... SO epic with some added horn in it.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
See... this is the problem.

Nobody will EVER EVER EVER agree on anything to do with music. This is a perfect example because I'd rather run off a cliff then hear that song played after we scored. I actually miss Holiday to be honest. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. Sure it was a Green Day song, but we don't even hear a single lyric.

One thing that always bugs me is when people discredit the old U2 opening by saying the lyrics are for wussies since its "I wanna run, I wanna hide". Yes. That's true. The lyrics are as such, but they don't even play a single lyric in the intro. It's just instrumental and it sounds so... SO epic with some added horn in it.

Agreed with everything said here about the U2 intro and Holiday goal song. Wish we could go back to those.

blfr

Aug 29, 2009
You know, I don't mind that DJ M.E.G. Stockholm song when they skate on to the ice. I thought it worked well when seeing it briefly during the beginning of the canucks vs oilers broadcast:

I'm not big on the song they play with the intro video but it is going to be really hard to please everyone. I really liked the intro that ran during the playoffs a few years back:

I would like to see something like that. I do like that they are trying to keep things fresh. Far too many people on here seem to want songs that were played out a decade ago. I think that is worse then at least trying something new.

Also, I don't understand the hate DJ Dave gets for the general music selection. He plays everything. Classic rock, alt rock, pop, rap, organ music, and hockey anthems, yet you guys seem to cherry pick songs like he only plays one style. He covers all the bases but because he doesn't cater only to you then you act like everything is terrible.

I was watching a replay of Canucks game from the early 90's (Bure was playing) and the song Good Things by Fine Young Cannibals was played at the during a stoppage at the Pacific Coliseum and I heard them play the song again on Sunday vs the Oilers. It just shows they use songs they have been playing forever, those "classics" if you would.

Callhee

Embrace the hate.
Aug 24, 2009

I actually liked this intro we used for the 09-10 season too. Although it leans a bit too close to the Bruins' Irish image, it was well done and gave a nod to Vancouver's lesser known hockey history.

Also, watching this video just made me realize how drastically our roster has changed in 2-3 years.
Players in the video that are now gone:
Wellwood, Mitchell, Bernier, Johnson, Rypien (RIP), Samuelsson, O'Brien, Ehrhoff, Hordichuk, Salo, Mathieu Schneider, Glass, Grabner, and Demitra (RIP) all out.

In their stead we now have:
Higgins, Lappy, Kassian, Schroeder, Weise, Maholtra, Volpatti, Hamhuis, Garrison, Tanev, Ballard, Booth, Alberts, and Barker in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad