New Intro for the Canucks

Alexistheman

Jun 28, 2007
Surrey
Intros have always been awful (love U2 but the lyrics to that song don't exactly get you ramped up), but still don't get the hate for 'Electric Worry' (Vamanos) as a goal song. It's got a good amount of punch for celebration while having the annoying repetitiveness to get into the other team's (fans) heads.

Holiday was just horrible. Your team just scored, what are you ramping up for? The face-off?

Agreed with every little bit of this post.

Walking away from the game on Wednesday numerous people were quietly singing/humming/whistling " bang bang bang" "vamanos vamanos". Even caught myself doing it later on the ride home.

Also, The Pretender - Foo Fighters, would be a good intro song if I do say so myself.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I like the atmospheric elements of the U2 opener, and would hate to have that completely replaced with pure andrenaline-pumpers. Those should be for the goal songs

If I were the DJ and had complete freedom to be ****ed up about my choices and not worry about the crowd:

Intro (the full thing would play as people are getting to their seats, and the visuals/players would come out at some point in the middle of it):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAXYMOgHQI4

Goal Song: (0 to 0:34-- cut it off at "alright!")
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgPEk6ZWeW0

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I don't understand when people say the lyrics in 'The Streets Have No Name' are bad for a Canucks intro. There are no words/lyrics in the intro.

Crows*

I've always thought that 'session' by Linkin Park would make an excellent intro/intro video.

Awesome anticipation in that song and it could work.. unfortunately it's lacking any "breakthrough" part to it to get every jacked.

Co Ho*

I still think Howl by the Gaslight Anthem is a perfect goal song, they could loop the chorus. It would be kind of similar to the old Ole goal song by the Bouncing Souls.

stickside

Oct 6, 2007
the canucks are expending wayyyy too much energy trying to come up with the right song. their latest attempt at finding a song is the lamest attempt of them all.

here's a novel idea...who gives an eff what the fans think?

the only people who should have any say in what gets them motivated to play are the players. poll all 23 players and then use what the players vote on. simple.

MLB players get to choose what song plays when they step up to the plate, so canucks players should have a say about what they skate out to. you're never gonna please everybody, so please, let's just move on! this is approaching the same level as jersey arguments.

end rant.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Really? I think a slow build up into a heavy section is perfect for a pump up entrance. Personally I want an entrance song that pumps up the players, the building & makes you feel like you're going to war with the team you're about to face. The beginning certainly has that war like atmosphere & having something heavy is great to help with that build up & unveiling of the players onto the ice.

I also think a party-ish song is not the right choice for an entrance. A party-ish song should be the goal song... you know the celebration (what a party is). While an entrance should build emotion to pump people up.

Well I kinda agree but don't agree that One is that. It's just too dark, even without the lyrics. Also it's used a lot in events everywhere (in NHL games during breaks or even fights) so that's another reason why it won't be picked.

Not sure if party-ish was the right word, but what I meant by that is something easier to listen to and easier to get pumped than something like One that is heavy and dark. Basically, an entrance song needs to bit more atmosphere-music than music-music.

Never been a fan of Airbourne, rather just listen to the original in AC/DC :laugh:

Something new never hurts :P It's similar but still a bit different, especially that song I linked. ACDC is usually slower tempo.

SedinFan*

It's gotta be the Chicago Bulls intro...put more emphasis on the bass, pump the blue and green lights all over the arena, do an NBA like intro for the starting lineup.

Apple Juice

Oct 13, 2008
Vancouver
I honestly have no problem with the intro video and the song itself... The only thing I don't like is that he changed U2. The intro video is fine as it is, but the song needs to go back to U2.. As well, bring back Holiday... I've given our current one a chance and I still don't like it since they brought it in..

Honestly, I don't want to hear "bang bang bang bang... VOMIT MOOSE VOMIT MOOSE"....

i kid i kid I know its vamanos vamanos

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
how about giving the sound guy freedom to play whatever he wants. they did for the organ grinder for years.

that not only works for minor league games but its how you find songs like sweet caroline and who let the dogs out.

but again, why can't we showcase local talent? Thanks to Bruce Botnik and David Foster we've had tons of it over the years which made even Seattle jealous until grunge became popular (for some stupid reason).

Trooper is from Vancouver and I've hear their song at NBA games now.

heck, I met Loverboy's drummer at a Canucks game back in '88 (and did he ever look burnt out). Wonder what he thinks of all that bang bang bang?

I think "Here Come the China Boys" by the Payolas would be perfect.

Last edited:

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I just think this song should be used for the intro VIDEO with some cool scenes. Please ignore what it's from. The beat I think would be awesome. Zombo if you find it worthy, you could edit it in to their intro vid, would be awesome to see.

from 0:00 to around 2:20

or
I'm just a nerd for this:

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I wouldn't mind hearing some Hey Man, Nice Shot by Filter during some stoppages in play. Song gets me jacked.

Scottrockztheworld*

Noticed that DJ Dave played Link Wray's Rumble & was playing some organ style hockey music.... he IS listening!

Hopefully this keeps up

SpecialK139

Bo Hor-fat
Aug 8, 2012
Burnaby
don't know what to say about that poll... GnR and Nickelback shouldn't be on that list, both those songs are overplayed as hell (and seriously, Nickelback?!?!). I love Japandroids and Static in the Stars but I don't like them as an intro for a hockey game. As for DJ meg... well... call me old fashioned but skating out to that doesn't seem very fun...

Thought the lesser of all evil choices was Volbeat. It at least has a nice guitar hook to get you going

Would've been nice to see a band with some over the top riffs like Muse or The Black Keys get some love. I feel like the song should get people amped, not chill them out (like the softer indie options on the list would make me do)

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
don't know what to say about that poll... GnR and Nickelback shouldn't be on that list, both those songs are overplayed as hell (and seriously, Nickelback?!?!). I love Japandroids and Static in the Stars but I don't like them as an intro for a hockey game. As for DJ meg... well... call me old fashioned but skating out to that doesn't seem very fun...

As someone mentioned in the other thread, they can always do a heavier remix of the Japandroids song. It's been done before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad