Jun 9, 2006
victoria
really though, who gives a **** about goal songs and intros? :laugh:

And you guys/gals claim to be hard core hockey fans. :shakehead

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
really though, who gives a **** about goal songs and intros? :laugh:

And you guys/gals claim to be hard core hockey fans. :shakehead

Wanting a better experience from the NHL's product doesn't make us any less hardcore. When you go to a game, or watch on TV, the intro and goal song should get you pumped up, not make you yawn.

opethfan

Apr 25, 2012
I actually really like Madeon, but I don't think that's the best song to be using by him (if there are any)

Icarus might be a better choice.

My proposals would be (for either intro video or skate out):

Liberi Fatali from Final Fantasy VIII (epic!)

M83 - Moonchild (go to around 0:45 for the pickup)

Hell, if we're looking at M83, why not Teen Angst, also.

There's also Midnight City and Reunion, which has an intro just like Don't You Forget About Me.

Arcade Fire - No Cars Go (Wake Up is overused, and the Whitecaps use it)

Iron Maiden - Aces High (I'd say Fear of the Dark, but HIMYM fans would die laughing)

Phoenix - Lisztomania is out due to the word riot.

Most obscure song ever: Steel - Heavy Metal Machine

All are YouTube links. I didn't want to litter the thread with inlines.

CookieCrumbs*

Got to watch the intro live tonight, and it was a complete joke. The pump up video was a few slow motion shots from the LA series. It was absolutely pathetic.

chopkins

Super Bowl Champs
Aug 7, 2009
Vancouver
I actually liked it at the opener. Good tribute to the fans. Not something I want to see again next game I go to though. I'm still waiting for them to use Ecstacy of Gold. Such a perfect song for an intro, with Welcome to the Jungle when they step out on the ice.

Actually, perhaps the Canucks should contract CBC to produce intros for us? :P

Still gives me shivers....

CookieCrumbs*

I actually liked it at the opener. Good tribute to the fans. Not something I want to see again next game I go to though. I'm still waiting for them to use Ecstacy of Gold. Such a perfect song for an intro, with Welcome to the Jungle when they step out on the ice.

Now THAT'S a hockey intro. Not that cheeseball stuff they played tonight.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

I'd pay CBC a lot of money to do the Canucks' intros. They have the best montages of videos, and always, ALWAYS pick a perfect song to go along with it. They'd change the atmosphere at RA if they were in charge, IMO. Would make the experience of going toa Canucks game more fun and intense.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
In fairness to DJ Dave I know a little about this...

Let's just say its not all his doing.

There is an entire in-house production staff, and management and Canucks staff have the final say on everyhing....decisions aren't jus made by him.

As for he goal song...remember the Canucks are a corporation with sponsors who try to be a "family" and "community" organization. Remember the lead singer of Green Day, who did last season's goal song, recently checked into rehab after a public outburst.

As well, I know even players havesome input as to in-game and warm up music.

Gary glitter.......

opethfan

Apr 25, 2012

I can't say I dig it. A hockey intro shouldn't have the same soundtrack your mom has on the car radio. The kind of song she plays with the top of her Mazda MX-5 down and and nods her head.

Hockey intros should get me psyched! Big hits, big goals, big music!

Last edited:

chopkins

Super Bowl Champs
Aug 7, 2009
Vancouver
I can't say I dig it. A hockey intro shouldn't have the same soundtrack your mom mom has on the car radio. The kind of song she plays with the top of her Mazda MX-5 down and and nods her head.

Hockey intros should get me psyched! Big hits, big goals, big music!

CBC literally used Adele in a hockey intro and made it work. They're wizards at putting these together.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
I actually really like Madeon, but I don't think that's the best song to be using by him (if there are any)

Icarus might be a better choice.

My proposals would be (for either intro video or skate out):

Liberi Fatali from Final Fantasy VIII (epic!)

M83 - Moonchild (go to around 0:45 for the pickup)

Hell, if we're looking at M83, why not Teen Angst, also.

There's also Midnight City and Reunion, which has an intro just like Don't You Forget About Me.

Arcade Fire - No Cars Go (Wake Up is overused, and the Whitecaps use it)

Iron Maiden - Aces High (I'd say Fear of the Dark, but HIMYM fans would die laughing)

Phoenix - Lisztomania is out due to the word riot.

Most obscure song ever: Steel - Heavy Metal Machine

All are YouTube links. I didn't want to litter the thread with inlines.

I second Liberi Fatali. Epic song!

Co Ho*

I thought skating out to Map of the Problematique by Muse was a good change, but they should keep switching it up.

rebel diamond

Sep 2, 2008
Toronto

Actually, I think the best Phoenix song to use would be Love Like a Sunset. Amazing slow build that can run over the intro video (might need to be recut for proper timing, since it drops off at like 3:45 and then builds back up, but that shouldn't be that hard). I can hear in my head the siren wailing over the outro section at like 5:45 as the Canucks skate out, would be perfect.

If they want to go the orchestral route, I'd say use one of the (many) versions of Adagio in D Minor by John Murphy, originally from the movie Sunshine but since used in a bunch of other movies and trailers. Better than the overplayed Carmina Burana.

Rockier version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHoHqUn6lQY

Or if you want a rock song with a sweet intro I've always been partial to Deep Six by Matthew Good Band. Plus it's a local artist. Apparently it's not available on Youtube.

SpecialK139

Bo Hor-fat
Aug 8, 2012
Burnaby
CDC has an entry form for song suggestions now!

My personal vote went to Supremacy by Muse. Cool intro, potential to edit out the slow part or use it as a sort of outro. Now you guys can put all your suggestions into their website instead of HF where DJ Dave can't hear you scream :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad