New Intro for the Canucks

Scottrockztheworld*

An edited down version of this though.

Make it a slow build up of intensity.

Start playing the song early to about 1:59 for a build up for the entrance & mesh it to the riff at 3:30 & have the guys come out around 4:15. Rather long but would be pretty badass & a good pump up.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops

An edited down version of this though.

Make it a slow build up of intensity.

Start playing the song early to about 1:59 for a build up for the entrance & mesh it to the riff at 3:30 & have the guys come out around 4:15. Rather long but would be pretty badass & a good pump up.

Too good of a song for DJ Dave to use....it would be pretty sweet.

xtr3m

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver
The Streets is great and beautiful, but let's be honest: at this point it makes people sleepy. The stadium's atmosphere is in dire need for change. Think Kassian punching Eager. If it was music, what would it be?

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Our goal song is awful. Why aren't they doing anything about that? Now, I thought Holiday was a bit of a random choice for a goal song, but after the 2011 stanley cup playoffs, it just fills me with good memories every time I hear it. I would like our goal song changed to something that doesn't make me want to rip my ears out. Song 2 by Blur or Rock'n Roll Part 2 or Zombie Nation. If they are going to replace these songs, I sure hope they replace DJ Dave before they make their final decision. Guy doesn't have a ****ing clue.

The Beautiful People intro for the Blackhawks games always gets me pumped up. I've always loved the U2 song for the playoffs, so epic. It's not like they play the lyrics during it so I don't know why people whine so much about lyrics of the original song. If they do move away from U2, I would prefer a song that gets people jacked for the game. Something fierce. I wouldn't even mind We Will Rock You for an intro song.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto

Shamelessly taken from the Rust and Bone trailer, but it's connection to the sea might make it a good choice, I think. As well as the fact that it's completely awesome.

Last edited:

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Too good of a song for DJ Dave to use....it would be pretty sweet.

One of the greatest songs ever written but not really fit for an entrance song IMO. Too "artistic", a bit too heavy and slow for this specific use. Needs to be more party-ish song with better drive.

What about this? Has nice build up and lots of energy. Just a good hockey song in general. Even the lyrics match somewhat nicely. Imagine some highlight video of hits/goals/saves/fights during the intro and flashy lights everywhere (00.00-00.55) and then the team skates on ice at .57.

Last edited:

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Intros have always been awful (love U2 but the lyrics to that song don't exactly get you ramped up), but still don't get the hate for 'Electric Worry' (Vamanos) as a goal song. It's got a good amount of punch for celebration while having the annoying repetitiveness to get into the other team's (fans) heads.

Holiday was just horrible. Your team just scored, what are you ramping up for? The face-off?

Last edited:

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
One of the greatest songs ever written but not really fit for an entrance song IMO. Too "artistic", a bit too heavy and slow for this specific use. Needs to be more party-ish song with better drive.

What about this? Has nice build up and lots of energy. Just a good hockey song in general. Even the lyrics match somewhat nicely. Imagine some highlight video of hits/goals/saves/fights during the intro and flashy lights everywhere (00.00-00.55) and then the team skates on ice at .57.

Wow that is too perfect of a song, I totally forgot about them as an option. Well done! Now somebody make it happen.

Risiko

Apr 9, 2007
Victoria, BC
One of the best bands to come out of Vancouver in a few years:

Japandroids.

A lot of people have written in suggesting 'The House that Heaven Built' but I think this song would work better. Always start my workouts to this and it gets me pumped. It's called 'The nights of Wine and Roses.'

Vp360

Jun 4, 2012
I think this would be an awesome intro. The dam at otter creek by live, I'm having some issues trying to embed the video here

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AqqVRhR2Z9I?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's got great build up, a deadly guitar riff, " leave the curse behind"
Just might be a little to long to really get going though

Last edited:

Scottrockztheworld*

Really? I think a slow build up into a heavy section is perfect for a pump up entrance. Personally I want an entrance song that pumps up the players, the building & makes you feel like you're going to war with the team you're about to face. The beginning certainly has that war like atmosphere & having something heavy is great to help with that build up & unveiling of the players onto the ice.

I also think a party-ish song is not the right choice for an entrance. A party-ish song should be the goal song... you know the celebration (what a party is). While an entrance should build emotion to pump people up.

Never been a fan of Airbourne, rather just listen to the original in AC/DC :laugh:

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
One of the best bands to come out of Vancouver in a few years:

Japandroids.

A lot of people have written in suggesting 'The House that Heaven Built' but I think this song would work better. Always start my workouts to this and it gets me pumped. It's called 'The nights of Wine and Roses.'

Yeah, Japandroids would be great if only for the fact that they're a good Vancouver band. They're also Canucks fans as far as I know. I think "The House that Heaven Built" is great because of the first few lines but musically 'The nights of wine and roses' probably hits closer to what they're looking for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad