New Intro for the Canucks

dps

Nov 30, 2011
Any footage of the actual video? Who cares about the flashing lights and all that garbage.

This is still one of my favourite intro's. Always got me pumped up on the big screen. The one they introducd after was such a joke. We don't want to see these guys doing charity work and buying coffees when we're trying to get pumped up for a hockey game.

*snip*

That one is MUCH better. It has an awesome epic feel and gives me goosebumps every time.

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
They used it at the home opener.

Was ****in terrible. I seriously hate DJ Dave. His music is so lame.

I'm just saying they didn't use it last night so it might have been just for the home opener. Can't remember what they used specifically for the Oilers game but it wasn't bad.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Go into any major junior hockey dressing room and you'll hear techno house music. It's always been with hockey since it was founded. It's all we listened to when I played for the Ice Hawks and Eagles.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Go into any major junior hockey dressing room and you'll hear techno house music. It's always been with hockey since it was founded. It's all we listened to when I played for the Ice Hawks and Eagles.

I'd die if Rink music was techno house music, AC/DC and Trooper are classic rink music choices, along with G n' R, Motley Crue, Led Zeppelin, Wolfmother, Nickelback (no), and a few others.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
I don't want 1960's music, I want classics that are good for a hockey atmosphere, this is not "hockey atmosphere" music.

It's the intro. There are plenty of good options for an intro in any era of music. They're catering to a younger generation. It's not that big of a deal. I don't mind it. I liked where the streets have no name better but it was starting to get a bit stale.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
I'd die if Rink music was techno house music, AC/DC and Trooper are classic rink music choices, along with G n' R, Motley Crue, Led Zeppelin, Wolfmother, Nickelback (no), and a few others.

I think they're looking for a bit more production. Those songs are for stoppages. I'd like Thunderstruck for an intro, but I think a few teams already do it. ie Tampa Bay. At least they're trying to be organic.

wreckless

Apr 27, 2010
vancouver
The new intro is a complete joke.

As for our old one (U2 - Streets have no name) I am still on the fence.

It's kinda epic, but at the same time, does our team really need an intro song with the opening line "I wanna Runnnnn... I wanna Hide.." ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad