Speculation: New Head Coach - How Hard Can It Be? [Part II]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
What I find strange about the Campbell and Kulikov rumors is that they were both started by the same person who as far as I know has no connection with the team. And the idea that kulikov would be traded when Campbell wants out makes no sense

I agree, but it doesnt really matter if they are true or not, the problem is that the rumours are there, and thats what the UFA will know.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
I don't think it will matter a whole lot to the players whether it's Bylsma or Gallant. Like another person mentioned, they will probably call their buddies who played for Gallant and see that he was well-liked (if the players coach stuff is true). Every coach at one point was a no-name. What's important is finding the best coach. If Gallant is the better coach in their eyes, that's who they should hire.

You still misses the point, Viola said, we will be a cap team, DT said we want an experienced coach that has won the cup, now we are here with Bylsma was to expensive (even if Gallant might be a better coach), Soupy is rumoured to want to move and kulikov wants more then we want to pay, every thing is the opposite from what DT and Viola said, and that will make it harder to get UFA.

Rattrick

Oct 31, 2002
Orlando, FL
www.rattrick.com
You still misses the point, Viola said, we will be a cap team, DT said we want an experienced coach that has won the cup, now we are here with Bylsma was to expensive (even if Gallant might be a better coach), Soupy is rumoured to want to move and kulikov wants more then we want to pay, every thing is the opposite from what DT and Viola said, and that will make it harder to get UFA.

When did Tallon ever say he wanted a cup winning coach? Never happened.. He wanted a coach with NHL experience as opposed to the Dineen/PDB trend.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I've been back and forth in my mind over which one to choose and I've came up with a crapshoot. Bylsma has been said that he's not good with young players, but has the reputation and experience. Gallant is good with young players, but lacks experience being the only NHL team he worked with had a horrible roster. At this rate, with all of this back and forth talk, I'll just be fine with either one.

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
No idea the validity of these sources from twitter but

Josh Rimer

Doug MacLean says on @SNHockeyCentral that he has no doubt that Gerard Gallant will be the next coach of the Florida Panthers!

Nick Kypreos

Sounds like Bylsma price scared off Florida #Panthers. Look for them to go in another direction. More #NHL on HC @ Noon with @DougMaclean

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Bylsma has been awful and people are upset that he's not coming here, while Gallant's stock has never been higher and he has coaching experience and people are still going to be furious. I don't get it :laugh:.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I really like the idea of Gallant as HC. As for the asking price of DB scaring us... maybe he's asking an unreasonable amount? We'd be smart not to pay it if he is.

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
Apparently Bylsma will get over $4 from the Penguins if he doesn't coach the next 2 seasons. Therefore he wants more than $2 a year.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I'm fine with Gallant, just worried about the whole "we'll spend whatever it takes" thing we've been hearing.

Thunderheart

Jun 9, 2002
Visit site
If it is Gallant then fine. We may never know what Bylsma was asking for BUT remember he is still being paid $2+ million a year for 2 more years by Penguins on the 3-year extension he was given last year. So if he was asking for $2+ from Panthers he would be clearing over $4 million!!! Believe he has an inflated opinion of himself...
Thunderheart

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I'm fine with Gallant, just worried about the whole "we'll spend whatever it takes" thing we've been hearing.

I think what they mean is that they won't spend for the sake of spending. But if they see a player/coach they really want, then they will compete with other teams. But they won't crazy. They could just prefer Gallant (I know I do). And if Byslma is asking for twice as much, and they put each coach on par with each other, then they will go for the cheaper option. I'm pretty sure every organisation would do this.

Well that's the optimistic side of thinking of things!

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
If it is Gallant then fine. We may never know what Bylsma was asking for BUT remember he is still being paid $2+ million a year for 2 more years by Penguins on the 3-year extension he was given last year. So if he was asking for $2+ from Panthers he would be clearing over $4 million!!! Believe he has an inflated opinion of himself...
Thunderheart

I'm pretty sure the Penguins have an out clause in paying him if he has another NHL coaching gig. He probably asked for more than $2mil per so he would make more money than he would be sitting on his ass for 2 years.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
@KevinWeekes: Waiting to confirm,but told multi yr deal w Desjardins & @VanCanucks very close.
@NHLNetwork @NHL.

Bylsma going to take some time off.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Tallon never said we want a coach who has won the Cup. He said we want someone who has head coaching experience.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
I'm pretty sure the Penguins have an out clause in paying him if he has another NHL coaching gig. He probably asked for more than $2mil per so he would make more money than he would be sitting on his ass for 2 years.

Yeah, if his options are to either get paid 2 million to take a vacation or 2 million to coach the Panthers, then I'm not offended by him wanting more than 2 million to help him justify working a stressful job instead of taking a break on a beach somewhere. It makes sense. Still not 100% sold on Gallant being the guy, but I admittedly haven't done any research other than checkout out his win/loss stats with columbus, and boy, that didn't look too good.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Yeah, if he can get paid 2 million to take a vacation or 2 million to coach the Panthers, then I'm not offended by him wanting more than 2 million to help him justify working a stressful job instead of taking a break. It makes sense. Still not 100% sold on Gallant being the guy, but I admittedly haven't done any research other than checkout out his win/loss stats with columbus, and boy, that didn't look too good.

It was a decade ago and they were awful. He's a coach, not a miracle worker.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Yeah, but the Panthers are awful and looking for a coach/miracle worker.

At this point in time, yes, however we're not even really into the "Off-season" yet. I'll wait until late July to determine whether or not we're "awful."

Nobody can see into the future, so therefore nobody knows what is in store for us in the next two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad