Speculation: New Head Coach - How Hard Can It Be? [Part II]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Latest news:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 8m
FLA GM Dale Tallon has whittled list of 6 finalists for head coach down to 3. Will narrow to 2 and name one, likely by end of week. #TSN

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 6m
Six FLA coaching finalists were: Dan Bylsma, Marc Crawford, Ron Wilson, Gerard Gallant, Tom Renney, Bill Peters. #TSN

GR says Crawford still in the mix. Gonna guess the 3 finalists are: Bylsma, Crawford and Gallant.

@engelheather: Per source, #Habs assistant coach Gerard Gallant is among the three finalists for the #FlaPanthers coaching vacancy.

She's an AP sports journalist so I'll take that at value. 3rd I'm guessing is Bylsma.

Per George Richards

"#FlaPanthers GM Dale Tallon says he hopes to have a new coach hired by the end of this week but says it could happen next week."

"#FlaPanthers Dale Tallon wouldn't name names, but said the team is talking to more than just three candidates. More like five, he said."

The delays continue...

Also per GR:

"#FlaPanthers Dale Tallon wouldn't name names, but said the team is talking to more than just three candidates. More like five, he said."

Personally, I don't care how long it takes to name the coach, but I'm pretty curious as to how it went from "naming a coach Monday" to "still talking to 5 candidates Monday"

They eliminated one candidate over the weekend though apparently! Progress!

Per George Richards as well

"Dale Tallon talks about #FlaPanthers coaching search, says new coach to be in place by #nhlDraft
http://t.co/HGyP2lYDva"

I think we knew this. But sounds like they are taking their time. No estimated official date for hire. Just between now and the draft.

Dale Tallon said just now on NHL Network that the list is at half a dozen now and that he'll have the list down to 3 by tomorrow. He "hopes" to have it all done by Friday, or "by the middle of next week" at the latest.

Continue.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
"Florida Panthers have hired Mike Keenan as Head coach."

n6KtLXI.gif

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Hopefully we don't get the Florida Panthers special. Well there were a lot of guys who wanted this job Crawford, Bylsma, and a lot of other really great candidates. These guys really wanted to be here to be part of what we are building we have a great young core. But in the end we went with the cheapest guy its the Panther way.:cry::cry::cry::laugh::laugh::laugh::help::help::help:

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
Take this with an EXTREME grain of salt, because this person is far from a reputable source. With that out of the way: @TIOPS_DePaoli tweeted

"NHL source contends Dan Bylsma prepared to take much less from FlaPanthers than he's due next two seasons from Penguins (around $2.3MM per)"

and

"Bylsma wants to coach. If Panthers hire Gerard Gallant, cheaper coach over Bylsma, it won't be because Bylsma's demands $$$ were to high."

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Take this with an EXTREME grain of salt, because this person is far from a reputable source. With that out of the way: @TIOPS_DePaoli tweeted

"NHL source contends Dan Bylsma prepared to take much less from FlaPanthers than he's due next two seasons from Penguins (around $2.3MM per)"

and

"Bylsma wants to coach. If Panthers hire Gerard Gallant, cheaper coach over Bylsma, it won't be because Bylsma's demands $$$ were to high."

I object to the term "cheaper". That should be less expensive. I am a little biased but I think Gallant is a significantly better option for coach (there have been some very distressing comments from ex-Penguins about Bylsma and the way he runs things).

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
If money is what decides who our next coach is I'll be extremely disappointed. It would be a horrible start with the new ownership.

It would tell one basically all what one would need to know.

It would be one of those situations where you really didn't know the truth either and never would.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Who knows, maybe they'll hire the "cheaper" coach because that's who they actually wanted. We'll never know.

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006
Maybe the delay in naming a new coach is because Dale's number one guy is reluctant to accept an offer at this point and is still persueing other options.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
From the interview I felt like Tallon let it slip that he wants to select a winger. He kinda stuttered right after he said it as well. But who knows I don't think Ekblad is the guy though judging by how content he was with his current defenseman and centermen.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
Now, I don't expect a single one of you here to believe me when I say this, but I'll do say anyway. Believe me if you want, if not, that's totally fine too. Alright, so, I can 100% confirm that our next coach has already been selected. I was told that I'm not allowed to know WHO it is, but the "final three" of Bylsma, Gallant, and Crawford was right on the money. If anyone wants to know how I know this, feel free to send me a PM. This doesn't really mean much since I don't know who it is, but I know for sure Tallon is waiting for the right time to announce it. Which really sucks. I just thought I'd share this with you guys.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Now, I don't expect a single one of you here to believe me when I say this, but I'll do say anyway. Believe me if you want, if not, that's totally fine too. Alright, so, I can 100% confirm that our next coach has already been selected. I was told that I'm not allowed to know WHO it is, but the "final three" of Bylsma, Gallant, and Crawford was right on the money. If anyone wants to know how I know this, feel free to send me a PM. This doesn't really mean much since I don't know who it is, but I know for sure Tallon is waiting for the right time to announce it. Which really sucks. I just thought I'd share this with you guys.
Harvey, lay off the bottle for a while. :sarcasm:

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA

Dreger tweeted earlier that Pittsburgh will be interviewing Crawford so that should mean it narrows it down to Bylsma or Gallant.

-ghoste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA