Status
Not open for further replies.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
MK: "Play Olli Jokinen..."
JM: "He's not even on our team..."
MK: "Don't give me excuses, become the GM, acquire him, make him captain and play him in every scenario, wingers be damned."
JM: "You can't just become the GM when you're the coach...can you?"
MK: "And don't forget to pull the goalie at the slightest hint of adversity. You want your goalies to know they're just plug 'n play, a dime a dozen. If Luongo can't handle the heat, Dan Ellis is just as good, no one will know the difference."
JM: "That doesn't make any sense."
MK: "Also, here's a list of players you need to acquire immediately. Make sure these guys play instead of these rookie never-weres."
JM: "The hell...Stephane Matteau? Donald Audette? Alex Auld? You can't be serious."
MK: "John, I don't think you understand, I've won the Stanley Cup!"
JM: "Um...yeah, I think I've heard of that" *runs back to NJ*

Talking about MK just made my photoshop senses tingle.

ydgciAo.png

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
Interesting how it appeared to be Gallant yesterday and now it's DB. I'd be happy with either guy, but I have to say DB brings a track record that Gallant lacks. This is particularly important when luring free agents down south - the guy has a cup and has been the winningest coach in Pitt's history. :yo:

Yep exactly. Too bad we can't just do Dan Byslma as head coach with Gerard Gallant as an assistant.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Do you really see a big money FA saying "I know you guys are offering me a big contract, but I don't believe you plan on spending money because there were rumors out there you didn't want to pay a lot on a HC" ?

No, players don't care how much the coach is getting paid. But players, especially UFA's, put emphasis on who the head coach of the team is. If it's another no name or close to I don't think it sends out the right signal of being serious. Or put it this way, getting a cup winning coach certainly does it better.

I personally don't care who it is since I don't know who is the better choice but Bylsma would fit the new direction better.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 20s
Don't expect anything until Monday - @CATFAN927: Have they announced what time the Presser is for the Coaching Announcement?â€

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Yes but im talking about the signals this team is sending right now. I dont know who's best for the team right now, but i think bylsma would be better if we want some ufa.

Free agents are going to be calling Montreal and Pittsburgh players and ask about the coaches. So I don't think that the big name matters a whole lot they will find out about both of them from other players. So according to the reports from Pittsburgh fans if it's Bylsma business as usual 3rd line grinders here we come. If its Gallant players are going to hear about a players coach that guys like to play for. So maybe that's better. But most important is Viola shelling out money.

oOwlCat

FL > TN
Jun 24, 2010
Nashville, TN
I don't think that there is any doubt that having Bylsma will help attract FA. Can't say the same about Gallant...

Either way I do believe we get a more than capable coach, but Bylsma is who I'm pulling for.

mgkay3

Jun 18, 2014
Objective poll

Players vote on who they'd like to play for, as in coach, not players they'd like to play with.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
Free agents are going to be calling Montreal and Pittsburgh players and ask about the coaches. So I don't think that the big name matters a whole lot they will find out about both of them from other players. So according to the reports from Pittsburgh fans if it's Bylsma business as usual 3rd line grinders here we come. If its Gallant players are going to hear about a players coach that guys like to play for. So maybe that's better. But most important is Viola shelling out money.

Its not about the name its about the signal, way to many red flags with the soupy (and the kuli rumour), by recruiting a bigger name as HC would do so much right now. Its all about signals, we wants to spend (even if Gallant might coast as much as Blysma). Right now its all about we are serious.

Erased

Jun 18, 2014
Its not about the name its about the signal, way to many red flags with the soupy (and the kuli rumour), by recruiting a bigger name as HC would do so much right now. Its all about signals, we wants to spend (even if Gallant might coast as much as Blysma). Right now its all about we are serious.

What I find strange about the Campbell and Kulikov rumors is that they were both started by the same person who as far as I know has no connection with the team. And the idea that kulikov would be traded when Campbell wants out makes no sense

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Elliotte Friedman ✔ @FriedgeHNIC
Follow
Further to @RealKyper tweet, all the speculation is Gerard Gallant in FLA, probably on Monday.
12:05 PM - 20 Jun 2014

All because DB was too expensive!!

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Players vote on who they'd like to play for, as in coach, not players they'd like to play with.
And how do we know that? We don't.

Playing alongside Crosby or Malkin is a dream come true for any player.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
What I find strange about the Campbell and Kulikov rumors is that they were both started by the same person who as far as I know has no connection with the team. And the idea that kulikov would be traded when Campbell wants out makes no sense

The Florida Panthers make sense? Since when?

Sports24-7

Feb 19, 2007
No, players don't care how much the coach is getting paid. But players, especially UFA's, put emphasis on who the head coach of the team is. If it's another no name or close to I don't think it sends out the right signal of being serious. Or put it this way, getting a cup winning coach certainly does it better.

I personally don't care who it is since I don't know who is the better choice but Bylsma would fit the new direction better.

I don't think it will matter a whole lot to the players whether it's Bylsma or Gallant. Like another person mentioned, they will probably call their buddies who played for Gallant and see that he was well-liked (if the players coach stuff is true). Every coach at one point was a no-name. What's important is finding the best coach. If Gallant is the better coach in their eyes, that's who they should hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad