Speculation: New Head Coach - How Hard Can It Be? [Part II]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Yeah, but the Panthers are awful and looking for a coach/miracle worker.

Bylsma is not that either. If the Panthers put out a roster similar to last year than no one is leading them to the playoffs. Again, I hate Bylsma, but if he's named head coach and no roster changes are made I couldn't blame him when they suck, much like PDB in his time here.

Why did all the other teams take a day to find their coach and ours turned into a soap opera?

Penguins search is more of one than ours.

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
Yeah, if his options are to either get paid 2 million to take a vacation or 2 million to coach the Panthers, then I'm not offended by him wanting more than 2 million to help him justify working a stressful job instead of taking a break on a beach somewhere. It makes sense. Still not 100% sold on Gallant being the guy, but I admittedly haven't done any research other than checkout out his win/loss stats with columbus, and boy, that didn't look too good.

I didn't like that either. I hope he's gonna be a great coach. We will have to wait and see.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
I didn't like that either. I hope he's gonna be a great coach. We will have to wait and see.

Yeah, it's been tough rooting for the last 3 unproven NHL coaches that've been here, and in my eyes, Gallant is not a proven NHL coach, Bylsma is. If Gallant has done great things for Huby and kids that's great, but Dineen coached women to Gold and that doesn't make him the best coach for the Panthers. I really wanted a winning NHL coach who has won the Stanley Cup. It seems like Gallant is closer to the last three coaches we've had as opposed to the type of coach I had in mind when Tallon told the media he was looking for "experience". Hopefully he's up and coming and going to be great. I've heard people have heard good things. But you're right, we will have to wait and see and pray and hope and wish :help:

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Yeah, it's been tough rooting for the last 3 unproven NHL coaches that've been here, and in my eyes, Gallant is not a proven NHL coach, Bylsma is. If Gallant has done great things with kids that's great, but Dineen coached women to Gold and that doesn't make him the best coach for the Panthers. I really wanted a winning NHL coach who has won the Stanley Cup. It seems like Gallant is closer to the last three coaches we've had as opposed to the type of coach I had in mind when Tallon told the media he was looking "experience". Hopefully he's up and coming and going to be great. I've heard people have heard good things. But you're right, we will have to wait and see and pray :help:

I haven't heard many good things about Bylsma and young players which is pretty much or entire team / our core.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I've heard that too, but then again, the team he won the cup with, if I remember correctly, was a pretty young core.

They had two superstars though. No one on the team that season scored over 49 points except for Malkin and Crosby who had 113 and 103 respectively.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Here we go.....

George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 49s
#FlaPanthers planning on an 11 am press conference Monday to introduce new head coach. Will it be Bylsma or Gallant? Stay tuned eh...

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 3m
Nothing official but all signs pointing to #FlaPanthers hiring Gerard Gallant. But word is they did make an offer to Dan Bylsma. We'll see.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Bylsma is not that either. If the Panthers put out a roster similar to last year than no one is leading them to the playoffs. Again, I hate Bylsma, but if he's named head coach and no roster changes are made I couldn't blame him when they suck, much like PDB in his time here.

Penguins search is more of one than ours.
PDB and his decisions cost us a playoff berth. He had the team. We had pages and multiple testimonials explaining further...

Agree with the rest, though I don't hate Bylsma.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
PDB and his decisions cost us a playoff berth. He had the team. We had pages and multiple testimonials explaining further...

Agree with the rest, though I don't hate Bylsma.

Was more talking about '10 and'11. Forgot he was here in '09 for a minute. We had Jeff Taffe and Bill Thomas on our first line for extended stretches those seasons :laugh:

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I can't help but echo the sentiments already expressed here. Gallant is likely the better option given our core, but it doesn't speak well on behalf of the Panthers organization and spending money. The organization would never admit it was about money either.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Here we go.....

George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 49s
#FlaPanthers planning on an 11 am press conference Monday to introduce new head coach. Will it be Bylsma or Gallant? Stay tuned eh...

panic.gif

Time to get drunk!

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Why overpay for Bylsma whether you have the money or not? The guy needs to take a step back and assist a head coach to learn how to adapt. Especially if the reports are true from Pens fans.

I also want Gallant because he will get Huberdeau going and hopefully all the young guns.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
Why overpay for Bylsma whether you have the money or not? The guy needs to take a step back and assist a head coach to learn how to adapt. Especially if the reports are true from Pens fans.

I also want Gallant because he will get Huberdeau going and hopefully all the young guns.

I just we knew 100% of the truth. Whether or not Gallant is the better coach, I can't help but wonder if this is supposed to be a sign. I think once free agency rolls around we'll know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad