Speculation: New Head Coach - How Hard Can It Be? [Part II]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
You're going to have to explain that cigar, sir.

Whoops!

rsz_k1mse_1268.jpg

We should throw all the money at Bylsma!! All of it! :sarcasm:

Sports24-7

Feb 19, 2007
You still misses the point, Viola said, we will be a cap team, DT said we want an experienced coach that has won the cup, now we are here with Bylsma was to expensive (even if Gallant might be a better coach), Soupy is rumoured to want to move and kulikov wants more then we want to pay, every thing is the opposite from what DT and Viola said, and that will make it harder to get UFA.

Tallon never said they wanted a coach who has won the cup and rumors mean very little to players. Who cares what these rumors (coming from little-known sources I might add) say. If the Panthers don't trade Campbell or Kulikov and offer big money to free agents, obviously those rumors are garbage and the Panthers do want to be a cap team. UFAs are not going to discount the facts because some nobody spread rumors that clearly weren't true.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Why overpay for Bylsma whether you have the money or not? The guy needs to take a step back and assist a head coach to learn how to adapt. Especially if the reports are true from Pens fans.

To be fair to him here, he gets paid 2 million a year the next 2 years by the Penguins if no one else names him coach, that goes away if he's hired, so it really only makes sense that he's likely asking 3 million a year +, otherwise I'd enjoy the 2 year paid vacation.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
To be fair to him here, he gets paid 2 million a year the next 2 years by the Penguins if no one else names him coach, that goes away if he's hired, so it really only makes sense that he's likely asking 3 million a year +, otherwise I'd enjoy the 2 year paid vacation.
Has this (new gig=no pay) actually been confirmed, or is this just pure speculation? You'd think he'd get paid at least a portion of it even if he got a new job.

Thunderheart

Jun 9, 2002
Visit site
Has this (new gig=no pay) actually been confirmed, or is this just pure speculation? You'd think he'd get paid at least a portion of it even if he got a new job.

Totally agree! Have not read anything coming out of Penguins organization stating that the $2+ million or a potion thereof goes away if Bylsma gets a new HC gig:)
Thunderart

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Doesn't matter. Still means Panthers would have rather had Blysma than Gallant.

If one of the richest teams in the league(Vancouver) didn't want to pay Bylsmas demands either, then you can't hold it against the Panthers. Bylsma needs a reality check if he thinks he's worth that much. I don't care if he's on a paid vacation or not.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
This is what grinds my gears too. Unless they come out and say the two were so close that they picked the better contract. Which is kind of hard to believe.

Of well. Let's see what Gallant can do.

I think that could be the case though. Gallant was the front runner and was down in S. FLA the day after the Habs were eliminated. Which was before Bylsma was canned (officially). They way I see it is Bylsma came in and was very good but they couldn't decide on the two and the contract amount was a difference. They probably put an offer to Bylsma to see if he wanted the job enough. He didn't bite and Gallant was right there to take it.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I think that could be the case though. Gallant was the front runner and was down in S. FLA the day after the Habs were eliminated. Which was before Bylsma was canned (officially). They way I see it is Bylsma came in and was very good but they couldn't decide on the two and the contract amount was a difference. They probably put an offer to Bylsma to see if he wanted the job enough. He didn't bite and Gallant was right there to take it.

And yeah I believe this.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

I guess... but just looking at their experience and their background you'd think they would have different evaluations on these guys. Who knows.

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida

Ah yes. Thank you Mr. Tallon for letting us know lol.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

Will try to find a link to confirm it, but I'm inclined to believe it simply because I can't believe he'd be so arrogant otherwise.

GernBlanston

May 20, 2011
Smyrna, GA
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 37s
#FlaPanthers to name their head coach sometime today.

On a Saturday? Well, GR just posted that Crawford has decided to keep his job in the Swiss league too.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
George Richards just tweeted that the Panthers are going to announce the new head coach today.

Let's do this.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers to name their head coach sometime today.

Sounds like the Cat's out the bag so to speak.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
"Today"

1448.gif

Watch it be Monday. And then Wednesday. And then post draft at a non-specified date. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad