OT: New Goal Song Talk Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The NFL can pretty much do what it wants though, 90% of the league sells out every game and has waiting lists for season tickets. The Devils have to tread a little more carefully alienating people than the NFL, or other hockey markets that also sell out every game like Toronto/MSG/etc.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
I was talking about yelling that the "Flyers Swallow" (MOD) and cursing and screaming the F-word around small children.

LITERALLY.

Who in god's name honestly thinks that's "classy" and/or "acceptable" behaviour? :huh:

No.

But they do eject the drunks going overboard with the drunken ***hole behaviour. Routinely.
They have done some to eliminate this behavior..limit amount you can but at once, and a cut off time tho this has more to do with possible liabilities, than the fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I'm not wanting to stir anything else up here but really - do you cave to the least common denominator in society or do you try to set an expecation when it comes to kids?

This all reminds me of the NFL and how it cracked down years ago on the family values and became the no fun league even in the endzones where the most vulgar of language was common as the drunks. Now you don't see nearly as much even though there are elements still present. They brought in the text line to report a seat number and so much as a F bomb will get you a warning and the 2nd strike and you're out - even if you're a season ticket holder. I don't want that, but at the same time I think people underestimate the power an organization and league have when it comes to what is passable behavior.

The goal song is not on that same level of course, but it's a leading indicator if you were to ask me (along with fighting, beer sales, etc...).

not to soapbox at your expense but I thought your post was a good starting point for looking at what may be a movement, not just a song.

No i totally understand. And, to be fair, the kid only said words like "suck" and "stupid." I was making a reference to BG's tolerance level.

But your point is well made. And as I grow older and become a parent and bring my kids to games my tune will probably change. Who knows? I'm very open to that possibility.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
All right, let's clarify. If you want to talk about the Devils decision to change the song, how the team can maximize the fan experience, etc., and can do it without turning this thread back into a slapfest, then I'm looking forward to the conversation. If you're not going to be able to help yourself but resort to personal insults, then do yourself a favor and excuse yourself from the conversation, because I don't want to have to do it for you.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Heres where we disagree,,,when they changed it to Ole...then Song 2 you heard no booing,,,,The song is horrible. thats part of the problem. What makes a great atmosphere is a winning team not the goal song,,and if were is 11th place is the conference in Feb do you really want to chant you suck when we score

Didn't ole or blur get chosen in a fan vote?

If so that could explain why there weren't as many boos - I think that in addition to the fanbase just not being as into games and the team as much then as they are now, couple that in with social media and things spread like rapid fire, people care more because they can voice themselves, etc

Crazy how much has changed in that regard in 7 years

DevilChuk*

plus they actually recognized those songs - this one has everyone scratching their heads

those songs were actually decent too.. not good enough to use but not as horrid as "this is our house"

absolutely no beat and no where near aggressive enough to be used as a goal song.. don't care what song its replacing

Yankee Stadium game.. "this is our house" :laugh:

Mory Schneideur*

I was talking about yelling that the "Flyers Swallow" (MOD) and cursing and screaming the F-word around small children.

LITERALLY.

Who in god's name honestly thinks that's "classy" and/or "acceptable" behaviour? :huh:

No.

But they do eject the drunks going overboard with the drunken ***hole behaviour. Routinely.

If there's any place drunk and rowdy people belong, it's a sporting event. Also I love the heckling that goes on in both directions, why take that away?

day1devilsfan

Jul 19, 2011
Interwebz of PA
I called as well and got the same answer... My rep asked me for a suggestion and I mentioned the Ole song. She mentioned a lot of people have asked for that to come back so I think I'd take that over Bon Jovi.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They better have the regular version of Ole this time and not the stupid knockoff version.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
They sell out regularly now, and don't have Rags fans taking over our building, and had to go and ruin a good thing.

I hope we don't sell out until they realize their stupidity.

Instead of RANGERS SUCK, chant OWNERS SUCK. Instead of FLYERS SWALLOW, chant HARRIS SWALLOWS. Fight fire with fire.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
That they asked for fans input on something or that Ole was their suggestion?

The bolded part

Olé was perhaps the single most unifying thing I've seen Devils fans hate in my life other than hating the Rangers. There's just no way the Devils got "many people requesting" Olé to be the new goal song. lol

<---- Thinks that rep was most likely blowing smoke up his azz and placating him

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And that was exhibit Q in why you don't pick unnecessary fights with your customers

lol I shudder to think how testy the crowd's going to be if we're still winless next Saturday (which isn't impossible if they somehow **** up the Calgary game).

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Just go with the Runnin with the Devil intro and be done with it. Please for the sanity of us all, do not bring back Ole.

Mory Schneideur*

Why not the circus song?

Would be awesome to see the opposing team goalies face and the bench every time after a goal :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

NJDevilsFan21

Trade Everyone!!
Nov 10, 2006
Worst goal songs ever in the history of NJ

1) Bon Jovi
2) Ole
3) Everything else not RRP2

However, for Ole... "you suck, you suck you suck you suck, yooou suucckkk, yooou succkkkkk" :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad