OT: New Goal Song Talk Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
From the Section 233's Facebook page....

News on the Devils goal song....Today the Devils organization had a meeting and they will use a different song over the next 3 home games and have some kind of fan vote from what I was told. So its up to us fans on what the next goal song will be. It will NOT be the Hey song. They stressed it is not coming back. So Devils fans we have to forget about the hey song and move on from this. They want to change the culture. Having a song where the fans say "YOU SUCK!" they feel is not right anymore. Its not a good fit.

There have been many complaints by the fans about changing the goal song since opening night. The Devils do not want to bring back that song and they do not want to hear the "YOU SUCK!" I tried to explain to them this has been the Devils culture for years now with the Hey song and we have been through this once before and it failed miserably. They understand the fans are unhappy and do not like change but the Hey song is not coming back. I said if you want to see the Devils fans happy then bring back the Hey song! Some fans have called in and emailed to the Devils they are thinking of boycotting the games until the Hey song comes back which I think that is a bit overboard there. To each is own I guess and its their money and tickets.

We will have to wait and see what they are going to do and which songs they are going to use during the next three home games. It will be interesting. Still think this is going to fail once again but the Devils are set on not bringing the Hey song back!

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey

News on the Devils goal song....Today the Devils organization had a meeting and they will use a different song over the next 3 home games and have some kind of fan vote from what I was told. So its up to us fans on what the next goal song will be. It will NOT be the Hey song. They stressed it is not coming back. So Devils fans we have to forget about the hey song and move on from this. They want to change the culture. Having a song where the fans say "YOU SUCK!" they feel is not right anymore. Its not a good fit.

There have been many complaints by the fans about changing the goal song since opening night. The Devils do not want to bring back that song and they do not want to hear the "YOU SUCK!" I tried to explain to them this has been the Devils culture for years now with the Hey song and we have been through this once before and it failed miserably. They understand the fans are unhappy and do not like change but the Hey song is not coming back. I said if you want to see the Devils fans happy then bring back the Hey song! Some fans have called in and emailed to the Devils they are thinking of boycotting the games until the Hey song comes back which I think that is a bit overboard there. To each is own I guess and its their money and tickets.

We will have to wait and see what they are going to do and which songs they are going to use during the next three home games. It will be interesting. Still think this is going to fail once again but the Devils are set on not bringing the Hey song back!

This won't stop the boos either way, this will not end well.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I just hope they don't wind up throwing out the baby (our improved home ice atmosphere the last few years) with the bathwater (the dreaded song).

guyincognito

Mar 21, 2007
If you're involved in Sports Marketing or interested in it, follow this, because you're about to witness a massive failure in reading an audience/market.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And it's fine they're involving the fans somewhat now (however belatedly) but a Devil-Ranger home game is not the best time to be 'experimenting'.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
I just don't see this working in any way the fans want one song and they are going to boo until it's back it might get worse and worse each game who knows?

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Seriously? When did the Devils become a dictatorship? If we ****ing want to chant "You Suck" then we have every right to! We pay hundreds of dollars of our hard earned money to chant whatever the **** we want the second we step foot into the arena. This is a complete and utter failure and I can't wait to hear 17 thousand fans boo the **** out of whatever crappy song they choose next.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
Seriously? When did the Devils become a dictatorship? If we ****ing want to chant "You Suck" then we have every right to! We pay hundreds of dollars of our hard earned money to chant whatever the **** we want the second we step foot into the arena. This is a complete and utter failure and I can't wait to hear 17 thousand fans boo the **** out of whatever crappy song they choose next.

Same here. They are making a huge mistake.

DevilChuk*

To parallel,

If you owned a business like say.. Subways. Would you be okay with paying customers coming in and cursing people out?

I disagree with them taking away but if you can't see why the Devils would want to stop the chant, you're not looking at things correctly.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey

Here's the cool thing. They're not telling you that you can't chant that. Well, technically they do when they do the announcement about profanity and all of that stuff. But no one listens to that anyway. Regardless, you can still yell whatever the hell you want. They're just not playing along with it, serving as enablers, and providing a flash point for these chants. If you're so inclined to do so, you have to do it/start it up on your own. They don't throw people out for yelling Rangers Suck, but they stopped playing the musical prompt years ago. They know they can't eliminate it, but they stopped contributing to its presence. That's the same deal here. Not some grand gesture in censorship and a form of a "dictatorship."

sbresistor

Jul 25, 2007
At the end of the day, keep the old song

All things considered, it is the right thing to do

TonyTheGr8

Window shut..for now
Aug 8, 2007
Morris County, NJ

That sucks for you guys. I was hoping they would come to their senses and bring it back.

In the meantime, I have attached 2 ideas for news goal songs! :D

Attachments

• Goal Song Happy Days.mp3
    759.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Goal Song 3's Company.mp3
    657.5 KB · Views: 5

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
And it's fine they're involving the fans somewhat now (however belatedly) but a Devil-Ranger home game is not the best time to be 'experimenting'.

Agreed...that is an absolutely terrible idea. It will go very very very poorly unless they somehow hit a home run. I'd definitely let the fans know ahead of time what it will be because the surprise on opening night made the reactions worse.

This ALL should of been done during preseason. Really pathetic by Devils management here.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
If it's the Hey, you suck that they have issues with, do they also have issues with saying sucks after the line up is announced for the opposing players? What about the Flyers swallow part? Are they going to start targeting the people doing that?

You're not going to please everyone. They should have tried different things during preseason, but the goal song isn't going to stop me from going to games.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
The Devils will never be able to replicate the intensity of the crowd after a goal if this song stays gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKH_RZY58nE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ieh0qiZ1JNg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3M4P_6lsi8

Look at all that 20 year-old white trash in the final video, sitting on and near the glass, showing their obvious disdain for a practice so beneath them.

Seven Nation Army? How original. I always wanted to go to a Ravens game. :facepalm:

This is a foolish decision by the organization and it will cost them $.

Last edited:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
The Devils will never be able to replicate the intensity of the crowd after a goal if this song stays gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKH_RZY58nE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ieh0qiZ1JNg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3M4P_6lsi8

Look at all that 20 year-old white trash in the final video, sitting on and near the glass, showing their obvious disdain for a practice so beneath them.

Seven Nation Army? How original. I always wanted to go to a Ravens game. :facepalm:

This is a foolish decision by the organization and it will cost them $.

Difficult to call something unoriginal when Rock and Roll Part 2 is as generic of a celebration song as there is. I understand it has been a staple of our goals for a long time, but let's be real here.

Mory Schneideur*

According to some ticket reps, the Devils will be testing different goal songs and will be having a voting system of some kind. RRPT2 WILL NOT return.

This can only mean one thing. We have to incorporate "you suck" somehow into whichever new song is chosen.

I just don't see this working in any way the fans want one song and they are going to boo until it's back it might get worse and worse each game who knows?

Our new wacky tradition might be to boo after goals :laugh:

Here's the cool thing. They're not telling you that you can't chant that. Well, technically they do when they do the announcement about profanity and all of that stuff. But no one listens to that anyway. Regardless, you can still yell whatever the hell you want. They're just not playing along with it, serving as enablers, and providing a flash point for these chants. If you're so inclined to do so, you have to do it/start it up on your own. They don't throw people out for yelling Rangers Suck, but they stopped playing the musical prompt years ago. They know they can't eliminate it, but they stopped contributing to its presence. That's the same deal here. Not some grand gesture in censorship and a form of a "dictatorship."

Cool, 2 can play at this game. We will just invent new chants, and possibly even better and more crude cringe-worthy ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Seven Nation Army

Ooo-o-o-o-ooooo-oooooo
You-u-u-u-Suuuu-uckkkk

Seriously though, I am booing everything unless its RRP2...WHY DONT THEY JUST BLAST THE HORN AFTER "HEY!" (Sarge's idea)

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Difficult to call something unoriginal when Rock and Roll Part 2 is as generic of a celebration song as there is. I understand it has been a staple of our goals for a long time, but let's be real here.

From what I understand we were the first team in North American sports to use it.

So yes, I do think it is different.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
This can only mean one thing. We have to incorporate "you suck" somehow into whichever new song is chosen.

Our new wacky tradition might be to boo after goals :laugh:

I honestly think this is the best idea I have heard in a long time. Nobody would ever have a tradition like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad