OT: New Goal Song Talk Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I think it would be cool if we could all as a fan base get behind this as a goal song and collectively as a whole pretend we have no idea why it doesn't make sense.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Its pretty hilarious that the next home game is against our biggest rival so you know the crowd will somehow incorporate the "You Suck" even more than they originally would have. The experimenting of the new song during that game will just make the crowd even more testy than it already would be. That game is going to be a mess unless they pick something perfect which they won't.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
RRPT2 WILL NOT return.

Awesome if true.

<----- Still believes the Devils will eventually cave (again).

Seriously? When did the Devils become a dictatorship? If we ****ing want to chant "You Suck" then we have every right to! We pay hundreds of dollars of our hard earned money to chant whatever the **** we want the second we step foot into the arena.

It's mind-boggling how selfish and entitled some people are. :(

What about the Flyers swallow part? Are they going to start targeting the people doing that?

Hopefully. Baby steps.

Mory Schneideur*

To be honest, we should replace our goal horn with the NHL94 siren & just replace the song with a song from NHL94... My pick would be Hava Nagila or whatever it's called.

sbresistor

Jul 25, 2007
It's going to be a suckathon

Hey, do the diablos chant you suck or do they censor them too

guyincognito

Mar 21, 2007
and selfish :shakehead

Well, selfish was ridiculous. Entitled is correct but I can't see how one side is being more "entitled" than another. The fans feel like they should be able to do whatever they want (which isn't in the "contract"), and the business feels like they can tell their customers "this is how it is, and if you don't like it, **** off". (which apart from being a crappy business model, is entitled in that they think they have enough of an audience to treat customers like an afterthought)

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
How can you differentiate between who's being more entitled here?

When someone says he can say, "whatever the **** he wants the second he steps foot into the arena" - it's pretty indicative of entitled behaviour.

Well, selfish was ridiculous. Entitled is correct

No, selfish is correct too.

If you're yelling F-this and F-that every 38 seconds, and "Flyers Swallow" at the top of your lungs, and likely worse, all within earshot of children in a public place with thousands of other individuals, it's not just entitled, it's selfish.

As in, I dont give a ratz azz about anyone else in this barn, I'll say/do what I want.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
According to some ticket reps, the Devils will be testing different goal songs and will be having a voting system of some kind. RRPT2 WILL NOT return.

It will NOT be the Hey song. They stressed it is not coming back.

This is not a commentary on the posters, but I'm tired of all this second hand information. Will the Devils actually post anything official on their twitter, facebook, or website so we're not dealing with possible re-interpretations or the operator effect?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
People are going to vote with their boos.
The song with the least boos wins

Haha it may come to that.

At least they need to pick the three songs beforehand and post them on Facebook/Twitter so fans don't have to wait there with suspense over what's coming over the PA and can get used to it. Otherwise it's really little better than what they did on Opening Night.

This is not a commentary on the posters, but I'm tired of all this second hand information. Will the Devils actually post anything official on their twitter, facebook, or website so we're not dealing with possible re-interpretations or the operator effect?

If it wasn't for Tom Gulutti, the percentage of fans who knew they were actually changing the song in the first place would have been 0% instead of 5-10%. They really are remarkably bad at letting the fans be a part of this, and they'll still pay for it I'm afraid.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
How can you differentiate between who's being more entitled here?

In fairness, I think the idea that of exerting your will over *what the team is trying to achieve* is the basis for the entitlement angle.

After all, people can *infer* that the team is kowtowing to arguments from people who don't want that, but I haven't seen the clamoring for that... the petitions to change R&RP2... declarations that we'll lose season ticket holders if they keep R&RP2...

For all of my playing Devil's advocate against the cheer, I wouldn't stoop to *****ing or complaining to the team.

So this may be a full or almost completely team driven decision, to which many are looking to flip the bird, demanding their rights to yell "you suck" in one voice...

And it'll get ugly, too. Booing goals, random "You suck" volleys long after whatever song is chosen...

But at least it's being openly admitted it's the chant now, and not the song...

PattyElias26

Mar 28, 2008
a goal song that the entire building can get behind adds so much intensity to the game. ill miss screaming you suck to whoever we score on but i really hope they have a combination of good songs during these games.

rip off the hawks and use chelsea dagger. that goal song is great, i don't care what anyone says.

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
95% sure there wont be an actual Vote.

The way I read it says in the next 3 games they will test it out, and the one that gets the best response, they will use

So the one used when we get shutout? No response would be the best response

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
No, selfish is correct too.

If you're yelling F-this and F-that every 38 seconds, and "Flyers Swallow" at the top of your lungs, and likely worse, all within earshot of children in a public place with thousands of other individuals, it's not just entitled, it's selfish.

As in, I dont give a ratz azz about anyone else in this barn, I'll say/do what I want.

But that's NOT what's being talked about here.

If the Devils had handled this another way - admitted the song was going bye-bye and done this whole work on the replacements thing during the preseason and actually involved the fans in the process, this could have gone a LOT better...but because they arrogantly figured 'we'll do what WE want and the fans will like it', it cost them on Opening Night and is going to continue to cost them.

Now instead of turning it into a collaborative process (and really the goal song is for the fans, not something that should be dictated by management) they've turned it into a religious fight.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
BG, I don't want to make this personal, but you've been targeting those who view this situation a certain way and name-calling throughout. Yet, you're the exact same thing you criticize. I think that's what people are trying to point out. You're the other extreme. It's not much better, if better at all.

I'm very happy the Devils are going to incorporate the fans and am excited to move forward with a new goal song and make new traditions. This is how they should have gone about it initially.

And no, just because I enjoyed RRP2 and the accompanying chants doesn't mean I'm white trash or the dregs of society or whatever else you're outwardly saying or implying.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
But that's NOT what's being talked about here.

If the Devils had handled this another way - admitted the song was going bye-bye and done this whole work on the replacements thing during the preseason and actually involved the fans in the process, this could have gone a LOT better...but because they arrogantly figured 'we'll do what WE want and the fans will like it', it cost them on Opening Night and is going to continue to cost them.

Now instead of turning it into a collaborative process (and really the goal song is for the fans, not something that should be dictated by management) they've turned it into a religious fight.

It was handled just as poorly as the STH broker BS

Why even use RRP2 during pre-season - one would think just like teams use pre-season to gage lines, performances, player shape, etc that they would use those games to gage and find a new song that fits rather than do it during the season - maybe I'm giving the part of the organization that handles this stuff too much credit, because this is pretty par for the course regarding said part of the organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad