Online Series: NETFLIX (The General All Things Netflix Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Just finished Flaked, Will Arnett's show, was pretty good. But having just finished BoJack Horseman it was hard to hear him and not think of BoJack. Not the best show but I dug it, interested to see if there's a season 3 or not. Solid cast with the minor roles. Heather Graham, Kirstie Alley, Annabeth Gish, Mark Boone Junior from SOA fame, Robert Wisdom from the Wire and other stuff, Shawn Hatosy from one of my favorite comedies Outside Providence.

i really enjoyed flaked, it was a while ago so i may give it a rewatch

one of the best tv bromances and some really good songs in it.

the guy who plays cooler is also in another really underrated show called wrecked.

Reactions: montreal

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Watched about half the season of "You" and I just don't get the appeal. I get that there has to be some sort of suspension of disbelief but this show is way too ridiculous. The dialogue is so canned and unnatural. People don't act the way the people act in this show. The pretentious classmate? I guess the writers have never heard of the concept of subtlety. The characters might as well be announcing their role as they're talking.

My wife loves it though.

also watched the FYRE festival documentary, and it confirms my disdain for "influencers" and the shallow culture that makes them famous. Billy MacFarlane is a vile human being. Ja Rule is more of a joke than I already thought he was. As much as I have a bit of schadenfreude for the idiots who paid for this festival, they brought real hardship to the local laborers who never got paid for their round-the-clock work.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I remember hearing about the Fyre Festival and how it turned into a disaster, partly because I looked into it after Blink182 pulled out. After watching that doc I really have no remorse for Billy, or any of the trust fund baby festival goers. Feel terrible for what they did to the local labourers though.

Apparently Hulu also released a doc about Fyre. Ja Rule made some tweets about it

Ja Rule Blasts New Fyre Festival Documentaries | Pitchfork

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I remember hearing about the Fyre Festival and how it turned into a disaster, partly because I looked into it after Blink182 pulled out. After watching that doc I really have no remorse for Billy, or any of the trust fund baby festival goers. Feel terrible for what they did to the local labourers though.

Apparently Hulu also released a doc about Fyre. Ja Rule made some tweets about it

Ja Rule Blasts New Fyre Festival Documentaries | Pitchfork

Ive heard the Hulu one might be more honest because the Netflix one (they both released the same week) is apparently being marketted by that f*** Jerry guy/thing, who was actually involved with the scam right from the start. I need to watch the Hulu one to compare.

I hope somebody does a GoFundMe for the poor woman who runs the restaurant and was crying at the end about how they burned through like $50K of her savings because she never got paid by the organizers.

To be honest I wish there was more schadenfreude in the Netflix doc.

edit:

Click here to support Exuma Point- Fyre Fest Fiasco organized by Maryann Rolle

:thumbu:

Reactions: Deadpool8812

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Watching the Fyre Festival documentary and laughed my ass off at the Dave Chappelle cameo.

“Oh my gosh Billy. Jeepers!”

:laugh:

Dang I watched this last night and I must have missed the cameo.

The business he starts while out on bail from the Fyre Festival fraud charges....unbelievable.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Dang I watched this last night and I must have missed the cameo.

tenor.gif

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Thanks for posting about the Frye doc on Netflix. I remember it when it happened but the details on the doc are shocking. Just shows how easily this stuff can be pulled off.

What the guy was going to do to get the water released... um it floored me. At that point you need to get out.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Thanks for posting about the Frye doc on Netflix. I remember it when it happened but the details on the doc are shocking. Just shows how easily this stuff can be pulled off.

What the guy was going to do to get the water released... um it floored me. At that point you need to get out.

"You need to take one for the team..."

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
After watching the Fyre Festival doc, my biggest takeaway was how relatively easy it was for Billy to fundraise from credible sources despite having an obvious conman vibe to him.

It seemed like it was pretty easy for him to continue to fool investors even as his previous ventures were falling.

I'd be curious to know how some of those investors did in terms of recouping their investments. The system seems set up from them to be able to salvage their returns where workers and vendors that worked on good faith are out of luck.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Watching the Hulu one now. It features him heavily so far and is skewing sympathetic.

So far it's all the spin they were looking for in the Netflix doc...

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Still not sure what exactly happened there but if it did happen, he's probably not admitting it on camera.

He seemed like such a well put together guy it just caught me off guard he was going to do it. Based on watching the doc they are very lucky it didn't turn out worse. Especially when people started fighting over essentials in the tents. A few days more and who knows..

I felt for some of the guys working for Billy but then I think they should have sounded alarms earlier and more often.

I also liked the focus on IG accounts and what should be viewed as advertising from these influencers.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
He seemed like such a well put together guy it just caught me off guard he was going to do it. Based on watching the doc they are very lucky it didn't turn out worse. Especially when people started fighting over essentials in the tents. A few days more and who knows..

I felt for some of the guys working for Billy but then I think they should have sounded alarms earlier and more often.

I also liked the focus on IG accounts and what should be viewed as advertising from these influencers.

I'm trying to imagine a scenario where they kept it on the private island.

I'm sympathetic to a degree to the people working for him. They should have rang more alarm bells, but I think most people can relate to being pulled into a direction on a job you were not fully on board with.

There were multiple people who said they would be in tears on a daily basis. He broke these people down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad