Online Series: NETFLIX (The General All Things Netflix Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
So this Fyre documentary thing with Netflix and Hulu...

Do I really need to watch both?

Google search told me to do Hulu's first, then Netflix's version... but just seems a lot considering they're both about the same damn thing?

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
So this Fyre documentary thing with Netflix and Hulu...

Do I really need to watch both?

Google search told me to do Hulu's first, then Netflix's version... but just seems a lot considering they're both about the same damn thing?

The Hulu one includes interviews with Billy post Fyre. Otherwise for more detailed information the Netflix doc wins hands down. It includes live footage from the time of and it is also more critical

Last edited:
Reactions: CPTN71

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
The Hulu one includes interviews with Billy post Fyre. Otherwise for more detailed information the Netflix doc wins hands down. It includes with live footage from the time of and it is also more critical
So I could get away with just watching the Netflix version it sounds like?

Reactions: Legionnaire

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
To each their own. Shame, cause this show torches of its mortally challenged American brethren.
Trust me, I wish I could get into dubbed shows...I tried SO hard to watch "Dark", the story was so amazing (got through about 7 eps) but with the mouths not lining up it just ruined it for me:(

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Trust me, I wish I could get into dubbed shows...I tried SO hard to watch "Dark", the story was so amazing (got through about 7 eps) but with the mouths not lining up it just ruined it for me:(

Please watch Dark with subtitles if you haven't already. It's amazing. I consider it to be among Netflix's best shows, alongside GLOW, BoJack Horseman, Mindhunter.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
bout to watch Velvet Buzzsaw. ill watch anything with Gyllenhaal but I confess im not sure if its gonna be good lol

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I finished Carmen SanDiego and started Sex Education tonight. Anyone else watch this show (the latter). It’s interesting and Dana Scully is in it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I finished Carmen SanDiego and started Sex Education tonight. Anyone else watch this show (the latter). It’s interesting and Dana Scully is in it.
I just started it off someone's recommendation. There's a few parts here and there that are a bit dumb, but I can't help but think throughout every episode that this is so much more believable than 13 Reasons Why. Sure all these "kids" are adults but at least they're actually talking like real human beings rather than robots programmed for edgy witticism. None of the "sexual topics" feel shoehorned in awkwardly. There are some raw emotional moments that feel really well done. 13 reasons why had them too but the show overall was mired in over the top melodrama. Though I will say one immersion breaking aspect is that it seems like every single person in that school is engaging in PDA all the time and that feels a touch realistic. I mean don't get me wrong, when I was in high school plenty of the kids were hooking up but they weren't THAT obnoxious about it.

Other than that, it's quite a good show. One of the better Netflix shows I've watched lately.

Anyone else swinging by this thread should know that there are some graphic images at least through the first 5 episodes I've watched.

Last edited:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I only watched the first two episodes (and I haven’t seen 13 reasons why) but so far whet I like is that it does feel believable to how high schoolers should be. It’s somewhat a comedy but nothing feels forced yet. Looking forward to seeing how this season plays out.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
bout to watch Velvet Buzzsaw. ill watch anything with Gyllenhaal but I confess im not sure if its gonna be good lol

ended up postponing this, but have now watched

it was.... okay. goes in a different direction than I would like, and that I think would have been more interesting, but its fine

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I only watched the first two episodes (and I haven’t seen 13 reasons why) but so far whet I like is that it does feel believable to how high schoolers should be. It’s somewhat a comedy but nothing feels forced yet. Looking forward to seeing how this season plays out.

I stayed up late to finish with episode 5 so that puts me at 3 more hours of the first season to go. Again, just a consistently solid show. The ending of that episode is pretty cheesy but not something that could literally never happen in real life. The dramatic stuff is startingt o pick up at this point, and again, doesn't feel fake at all.

Definitely has become a show I'd recommend to others.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
There are some humorous parts but it's definitely about as far as a comedy you'll find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad