Online Series: NETFLIX (The General All Things Netflix Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
isnt crave with hbo and movies like 20 bucks a month or something

It's $20 CDN a month if you subscribe through your TV provider, which includes The Crave movie channels (previously TMN),HBO as well as the online platform. If you just want the Online Crave subscription, it's $10 CDN a month and includes Showtime & HBO series, Crave originals and tons of other series that aren't on Netflix (i.e., Seinfeld)

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I saw Christmas Chronicles last week and while I haven't seen many Netflix originals, this was my favorite of the ones I have seen.

They were promoting Mowgli today during football. Has anyone seen that one yet. It's showing in select theaters so I'm wondering if Netflix is trying to push it or something.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
ok i got crave and its big time worth it even for 20 bucks to get the tmn and hbo stuff like wow

unfortunate that i can only get the app on my xbox one and not 360 tho so i cant watch it in my room to fall asleep, have to keep netflix for that i guess

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
ok i got crave and its big time worth it even for 20 bucks to get the tmn and hbo stuff like wow

unfortunate that i can only get the app on my xbox one and not 360 tho so i cant watch it in my room to fall asleep, have to keep netflix for that i guess

According to them, the apps for PS4, XB1, etc. are coming

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Big budget movie offering

also, show based on a comic by My Chemical Romance's singer (read the comic when I was younger and into them. Definitely weird but entertaining.)

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
I am worried the continued fracturing of the streaming market is just going to push me back to piracy. We shall see I guess. I don't mind paying for entertainment and I don't watch all that much TV so if you need a bunch of different services to have something decent to watch for 30-60ish minutes a night I might say screw it. I'm not there yet but any means but worried its moving that direction.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Not that I don't agree with the premise but I don't think admitting to piracy on an open forum is a good idea.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Not that I don't agree with the premise but I don't think admitting to piracy on an open forum is a good idea.
Meh, people openly talk about it on social media, Reddit, other message boards, etc.

Quite frankly it’s true. Piracy happened because cable was expensive. Then we got streaming, it was more affordable and most of what people wanted was in one, maybe two places. Now? There’s so many streaming services, exclusives, rights being gobbled up or retained, etc., that we’re back to the same problem that was had with cable, although for now it’s at a lesser degree (I think) but with new services constantly launching, we’re getting there again.

It’s not easy to consume everything without paying almost exactly what you would for cable to get all these services, and are you really going to pay $10-$20 a month to watch one show on a streaming service you otherwise wouldn’t use?

I don’t know. It’s all business and they want their share of the pie, but it seems they really lost sight of what led people to streaming services in the first place away from cable and now are going to push people back to the illegal means of watching the content they want.

Personally, I live at home so as long as I’m still living here I’ll have cable and Netflix — maybe crave if I switch to Bell because Rogers is pissing me off. When i move out though? That’s a different story and with all the different services, it’d be way too overwhelming (not to mention Canada gets the short end of the stick most of the time with these anyways).

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
I saw Christmas Chronicles last week and while I haven't seen many Netflix originals, this was my favorite of the ones I have seen.

They were promoting Mowgli today during football. Has anyone seen that one yet. It's showing in select theaters so I'm wondering if Netflix is trying to push it or something.
Mowgli was really disappointing. Incredibly bland and dry. None of the animals had much personality and their was zero levity or fun to be had in the movie.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Meh, people openly talk about it on social media, Reddit, other message boards, etc.

Quite frankly it’s true. Piracy happened because cable was expensive. Then we got streaming, it was more affordable and most of what people wanted was in one, maybe two places. Now? There’s so many streaming services, exclusives, rights being gobbled up or retained, etc., that we’re back to the same problem that was had with cable, although for now it’s at a lesser degree (I think) but with new services constantly launching, we’re getting there again.

It’s not easy to consume everything without paying almost exactly what you would for cable to get all these services, and are you really going to pay $10-$20 a month to watch one show on a streaming service you otherwise wouldn’t use?

I don’t know. It’s all business and they want their share of the pie, but it seems they really lost sight of what led people to streaming services in the first place away from cable and now are going to push people back to the illegal means of watching the content they want.

Personally, I live at home so as long as I’m still living here I’ll have cable and Netflix — maybe crave if I switch to Bell because Rogers is pissing me off. When i move out though? That’s a different story and with all the different services, it’d be way too overwhelming (not to mention Canada gets the short end of the stick most of the time with these anyways).
I just rotate my services by month. I don't need to watch everything right away so I let it build it up and then binge it all in a month when I get around to that service. Sometimes I'll even get lucky and be able to nab a free month trial and be done with it before having to pay anything at all.

Reactions: KapG

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

I started a thread about this a couple years ago when Disney went to launch their own service. I refuse to subscribe to all of this nonsense. Netflix... I've always kept and Prime because of the other benefits. I get free HBO with ATT cell service but screw the rest of them. I never saw the new Star Trek show because it was on CBS all access. They are basically limiting viewers with this type of stuff. I carry the streaming package through Direct TV for sports. All in it's still like $60 a month so not that much different than Cable.

Amazon will have like 7 day trials for Showtime I'll sign up for. I figure through my limited package on Direct TV Now, Netflix or Amazon there should be plenty to watch. Nice thing is no contracts, no equipment. Big thing in my day was not so much pirating but altered Cable boxes with everything flowing through them, hacked Directv cards. Now it's hacked firesticks.

You can hope some of this stuff still gets sold to Amazon or Netflix down the road so you'll b be able to consume it. Even Netflix would rather produce it's own content than pay somebody else for it.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto

My girlfriend pays for Netflix e every month here in Canada but, I'm getting really tired of the weekly new content that consists of mostly movies from India. We cancelled our Rogers cable almost a year ago because of a TV service that costs me $15 a month. What I paid for a "special" box, no other services can compete. Things are expensive living in Toronto, you have to save where you can. Netflix will be gone soon.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I just finished season one. The acting is so bad. It seems like Kim Coates is acting down to the level of the other actors.
Paul Sorvino....sad to say he seemed the worst of the lot.
Anthony lapaglia...to me just didnt seem to fit the character.
I really wanted to like the series.
Pretty much spot on. When I started, I was curious to see if it would feel more like an HBO show or more like a TNT show. It definitely felt more like a TNT show. The story had potential, but pretty cheesy execution IMO.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The Final Table was really enjoyable to the finish. It was refreshing to watch a show where nobody cooked bad food. It was pompous as hell in the beginning but a few episodes in you began to pick for favorites and marveled at the talent in display. The Aussies need their own show, so entertaining.

Last edited:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I'm finally getting around to watching Hell On Wheels.
Hope they don't discontinue it before I get to watch all 5(?) seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad