Online Series: NETFLIX (The General All Things Netflix Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
How is Sherlock?? Watched the first episode and seemed pretty good.. does it get better and better?

The one downfall off the bat for me was it's kinda tough understanding Benedict Cumberbatch when he talks and also that each episode that I looked at was 1 hour 20 mins long. Silly to complaint about the 1h20m thing when at times we will watch multiple episodes of a series, but weirdly it does throw me off!!lol

Anyways.. what are your guys thoughts on it??

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Started watching Breaking Bad (finally). Four episodes in. So far, so good. What do you guys think of it?

I love drug/crime type series and I should be a prime candidate to be obsessed with this series, but honestly I couldnt get into it.. tried it out but gave up half way thru 1st season... then waaaaay later on I tried again and powered thru alot more episodes but I gave up again around the mid way point of 2nd season...

I swear I am the only one in the world that wasnt a fan of it!!.. and again, usually these types of shows are no brainers for me and I love them

Reactions: Winger98

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
How is Sherlock?? Watched the first episode and seemed pretty good.. does it get better and better?

The one downfall off the bat for me was it's kinda tough understanding Benedict Cumberbatch when he talks and also that each episode that I looked at was 1 hour 20 mins long. Silly to complaint about the 1h20m thing when at times we will watch multiple episodes of a series, but weirdly it does throw me off!!lol

Anyways.. what are your guys thoughts on it??

The show has it's own thread here. I'd link it here but because to no one's surprise, the search function doesn't work so...

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
The show has it's own thread here. I'd link it here but because to no one's surprise, the search function doesn't work so...

Ya I searched for it and nothing came up so I figured next best thing was to ask in the Netflix thread!

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Finished Narcos and Narcos: Mexico. Excellent series. I think i preferred the first 2 seasons of Narcos the best probably because I enjoyed following Escobar but each season has excellent characters. Neto and Pablo Acosta the standouts from Mexico.

Any word on a season 3?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I've been watching Fastest Car and Rust to Riches. Both fun shows for car lovers. The Fastest Car show is 3 backyard mechanics racing their "sleepers" against a supercar, but they do a pretty good backstory on the four racers in each episode and then race em at the end. All the winners compete in the finale. They do a great job of establishing a heel in every episode, and I always have a hard time picking the winner. One gripe is that they rarely focus on the motor/trans in each car. They gloss over it usually with comments like "just a little turbo and a bottle in the back" but they'll never tell you what the motor is or how much boost they're running. Rarely will they come out and say "it's a sbc 350 with 12 pounds of boost at a manual valve body powerglide."

Rust to Riches is just another random chop shop that likely has five times the employees they show on screen, and 100x the cash flow they claim to have. "Damn we can't afford to buy this floor pan from the scrap yard for 50 bucks, can we trade you a set of used tires for it?" But, the projects and trades they come across for most cars are pretty slick. Like the Fastest Car program, I wish they focused a little more on the details of the build and not just the before and after. It seems like on some episodes they show the car being cut up and then in the next frame it's painted and the interior is totally finished.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Finished Narcos and Narcos: Mexico. Excellent series. I think i preferred the first 2 seasons of Narcos the best probably because I enjoyed following Escobar but each season has excellent characters. Neto and Pablo Acosta the standouts from Mexico.

Any word on a season 3?

Narcos Mexico was great but Narcos was easily superior, especially the first 2 seasons, season 3 suffered from the departure of the lead antagonist and protagonist, even if it had good characters like Pacho. And yes Don Neto was great, as was Pablo Acosta

As to your only question, no idea

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched a British show Requiem, it wasn't bad, I don't usually care for the supernatural thing as it's more of a joke to me but I thought they did this well enough.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I love drug/crime type series and I should be a prime candidate to be obsessed with this series, but honestly I couldnt get into it.. tried it out but gave up half way thru 1st season... then waaaaay later on I tried again and powered thru alot more episodes but I gave up again around the mid way point of 2nd season...

I swear I am the only one in the world that wasnt a fan of it!!.. and again, usually these types of shows are no brainers for me and I love them

You gave up when it started to get good.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Started watching The Blacklist on Netflix. Just started season two

Every time Raymond Reddington starts drawling about some random anecdote to someone sitting in a chair and then shoots them with a silenced pistol, take a drink.

"I used to enjoy the most -scrumptious- scones from a woman who lived in Belfast named Mrs. Robin Lafferty...No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get her to share the recipe."

*BLAM*

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Watched La Revolution over a span of two days. The show totally surprised me...in a good way. Thought it deserves better than the 6.6 it has on IMDB. Will look forward to season 2

just starting the new Barbarians show. Been looking forward to this one for some time so I’m hoping it doesn’t let me down.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Every time Raymond Reddington starts drawling about some random anecdote to someone sitting in a chair and then shoots them with a silenced pistol, take a drink.

"I used to enjoy the most -scrumptious- scones from a woman who lived in Belfast named Mrs. Robin Lafferty...No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get her to share the recipe."

*BLAM*

I would go to work hungover every morning

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Anyone watch the Queen's gambit?

Exceptional limited series.

I'm planning to. My dad, who's an avid chess player, told me last night that he just finished it and loved it. Stephen King also tweeted that it was the best thing that he's watched all year, which seems a bit outside of his ballpark (unless the ghost of Bobby Fischer makes an appearance), but that's still high praise and suggests that the series is well written.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad