NCAA thread v6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I still don’t think Mike Locksley is a particularly good football coach even after hitching his wagon to Saban. The roster they have there still very much sucks too.

They’ll land a kid like Cross or Jarrett & fail to really build a roster around them despite all the hoopla when they get a touted kid to stay home while the rest leave the state.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
From what I read they basically took a flyer on him last cycle anyway knowing there was some concerns. Not sure if it’s related to this specific incident or not but apparently Oregon never really tried getting him admitted for the summer despite signing back in the winter.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Not surprising as there was rumblings of this beforehand but NCAA pushing back the decision on that.

So kids currently in the portal would have to apply for hardship waiver to be eligible to play right away in the 2020 season.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
JT Daniels to Georgia is the rumor floating around out there. He’s going to apply for a waiver to play right away but who knows if he’ll be successful.

It’s official. I get it from Georgia’s standpoint. They essentially throw numbers at the position possibly this year (assuming he can get a waiver) & next year to see what sticks.

Daniels’ I don’t really get it as much though.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
It’s official. I get it from Georgia’s standpoint. They essentially throw numbers at the position possibly this year (assuming he can get a waiver) & next year to see what sticks.

Daniels’ I don’t really get it as much though.
Torn on this. I guess we'll have to wait and see about eligibility. I'm just not as sold on his arm against SEC defenses. As long as they don't lose BVG in this whole deal, he's probably an upgrade on Beck or Mathis between Newman and BVG.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Torn on this. I guess we'll have to wait and see about eligibility. I'm just not as sold on his arm against SEC defenses. As long as they don't lose BVG in this whole deal, he's probably an upgrade on Beck or Mathis between Newman and BVG.

If it doesn’t effect BVG it’s probably still worth it. I don’t think it really effects Newman that much this year even if he does get a waiver imo.

You throw more numbers at the position & don’t have to default to a true freshmen in 2021.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I don't know why the NCAA doesn't relax their rules anyway. Kids are leaving early in record numbers every year. They should be trying to keep as many players as possible.

Last edited:

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
While totally ignorant of how common it actually is, why would a punter ever declare early and forfeit eligibility? It has to be the most replaceable position in the NFL.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
While totally ignorant of how common it actually is, why would a punter ever declare early and forfeit eligibility? It has to be the most replaceable position in the NFL.

Not too often but it happens once in a while. I’d imagine it’s no different than the other players with just getting sick of college at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad