Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
EVXXRJ6XkAEKUD0

No Georgia, Penn State, or Ohio State? :huh:

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
The timing of those articles was suspect. No one is one ESPN.com right now.

How do we get the SEC honks all riled up an clicking on our stories again?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Yeah he’s a pretty good football player. 247sports just bumped him a 4* athlete in their individual rankings this past week.

It looks like at this point he’s going to play football which was in the question previously.

One of the guys on 247sports was talking about how he could really be a S, WR, LB, or even TE (like an Evan Engram type) at the college level.

It looks like he’s headed to Penn State though. If Clemson offers him a football scholarship too or Ohio State does apparently it could get interesting (not sure how realistic that is at this point though).

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Yeah he’s a pretty good football player. 247sports just bumped him a 4* athlete in their individual rankings this past week.

It looks like at this point he’s going to play football which was in the question previously.

One of the guys on 247sports was talking about how he could really be a S, WR, LB, or even TE (like an Evan Engram type) at the college level.

It looks like he’s headed to Penn State though. If Clemson offers him a football scholarship too or Ohio State does apparently it could get interesting (not sure how realistic that is at this point though).
Would be a nice get for PSU. Hopefully he'll stay in state. The article said that he's going to focus on WR this year, if there is a season.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Local kid (Northeast High) committed to Georgia today. PA's been pretty good to them lately. Looks like the next Jonathan Ledbetter/Malik Herring type.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Local kid (Northeast High) committed to Georgia today. PA's been pretty good to them lately. Looks like the next Jonathan Ledbetter/Malik Herring type.

Sounds like he was dead set on going to the SEC. A 3-4 scheme is probably better for his skill set anyway too.

At least he picked Georgia though. I can understand that. I don’t get Texas A&M unless they’re just tossing bags of money around to kids.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I guess it’s kind of up in the air how things will necessarily whenever they resume but Texas A&M looking at what they bring back & their schedule there’s really no excuse not to breakthrough this year.

Two cupcakes with Colorado & Fresno State on the OoC schedule with Vanderbilt & South Carolina with the crossover conference games.

They don’t play Clemson & Georgia on top of Auburn, Alabama, & LSU like last year.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Sounds like he was dead set on going to the SEC. A 3-4 scheme is probably better for his skill set anyway too.

At least he picked Georgia though. I can understand that. I don’t get Texas A&M unless they’re just tossing bags of money around to kids.
Yeah, they sold him on some things that I just can't see at the next level like dropping back into coverage, but whatever. Georgia runs a base 3-4, I guess, but they line up in a 4 man front like 60-70% of the time (with 5 DB's on the field). When he bulks up, he's pretty much destined to have his hand in the dirt, imo.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Both Texas schools should break through this year based on scheduling.

Texas gets LSU in Week 2 (with a brand new everything on offense) and TCU, Baylor, Iowa State, and WVU (should be better) at home. Oklahoma looks like they finally don't have a Heisman level QB. Herman needs to break through this year in the Big 12 or he could be in trouble.

Reactions: Normand Lacombe

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Looks like 5* DL Korey Foreman (#1 player overall in 247’s composite rankings for 2021) is possibly flipping from Clemson to USC.

It would be their first decommitment since the 2017 cycle. I believe the kid in that cycle was an academic related one too. They lost Shaq Smith in 2016 for a time being but he recommitted in the end.

You’d have to back to the 2014 cycle when they had multiple recommits (just two).

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Looks like 5* DL Korey Foreman (#1 player overall in 247’s composite rankings for 2021) is possibly flipping from Clemson to USC.

It would be their first decommitment since the 2017 cycle. I believe the kid in that cycle was an academic related one too. They lost Shaq Smith in 2016 for a time being but he recommitted in the end.

You’d have to back to the 2014 cycle when they had multiple recommits (just two).
I'm honestly not sure how Dabo gets so many kids to shut it down once they commit in this day and age. That's been a huge part of their success. That and almost no coaching turnover and hitting on two generational QB's.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm honestly not sure how Dabo gets so many kids to shut it down once they commit in this day and age. That's been a huge part of their success. That and almost no coaching turnover and hitting on two generational QB's.

I’d imagine the lack of turnover for the coaching staff really helps compared to the other top schools.

Look at Alabama for the opposite. Saban’s staff gets picked off every offseason. But even then mostly everybody else worth a damn losses a guy or two every offseason.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I’d imagine the lack of turnover for the coaching staff really helps compared to the other top schools.

Look at Alabama for the opposite. Saban’s staff gets picked off every offseason. But even then mostly everybody else worth a damn losses a guy or two every offseason.
I have no idea why Venables hasn't jumped at a chance at his own gig. That really frees up Dabo to do what he does well... serve as CEO of the program.

Basically every staff worth a damn gets pillaged anymore. Saban loses both his coordinators every year now. LSU is back to Coach O and Ensminger after losing Aranda and Brady. Kirby's heading into year 5 and has replaced every original hire besides Dell McGee and Schumann (Kirby's Kirby). OSU had to basically force Urb out to keep Ryan Day around.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Franklin only has two guys left from his original staff. DC Brent Pry (who’s essentially his right hand man) & CBC Terry Smith who’s an alum & has never left the state in his whole coaching career to this point (20+ years).

I can’t imagine Pry is here that much longer though. He’ll probably get plucked for a promotion sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->