NCAA thread v6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
@Normand Lacombe How many Div 1AA schools have a mascot that doesn't end with an "S" or have a color in their name? Name them?

Navy Midshipmen
NC State Wolfpack
Nevada Wolfpack
Illinois Fighting Illini
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Marshall Thundering Herd
UMass Minutemen

Reactions: Normand Lacombe

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

4* QB Christian Veilleux out of Maryland (initially from Canada). Beat Clemson for him.

Not waiting on 5* QB Caleb Williams who’s likely headed to Oklahoma anyway.

A couple of teams have bailed on the Williams saga train.

Georgia moved on and took Vandagriff because he was ready to commit when he decommitted from Oklahoma. Looks like the right move because in-state recruiting looks as good as it has been in any of the recent cycles.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
A couple of teams have bailed on the Williams saga train.

Georgia moved on and took Vandagriff because he was ready to commit when he decommitted from Oklahoma. Looks like the right move because in-state recruiting looks as good as it has been in any of the recent cycles.

I’d imagine LSU closes out eventually with Nussmeier too.

I doubt he’d realistically entertain the possibility of going to Clemson given the QB they signed last year. Alabama’s without a QB too but same situation like Clemson.

He might realistically end up with Oklahoma & Maryland as his options in the end.

Reactions: flyershockey

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I’d imagine LSU closes out eventually with Nussmeier too.

I doubt he’d realistically entertain the possibility of going to Clemson given the QB they signed last year. Alabama’s without a QB too but same situation like Clemson.

He might realistically end up with Oklahoma & Maryland as his options in the end.
IDK about Nussmeier and LSU. Chase Daniel from USC is in the transfer portal and is rumored to be looking heavily at joining up with Orgeron in Baton Rouge. If he goes there, he’ll be the starter for two years at least.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
IDK about Nussmeier and LSU. Chase Daniel from USC is in the transfer portal and is rumored to be looking heavily at joining up with Orgeron in Baton Rouge. If he goes there, he’ll be the starter for two years at least.

We’ll see. Unless Daniels can play right away he losses some value.

It looks like that 1 time transfer with no sit out rule might get pushed back to 2021.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
We’ll see. Unless Daniels can play right away he losses some value.

It looks like that 1 time transfer with no sit out rule might get pushed back to 2021.
Daniels is more of a pocket passer than the SC offense needs. Slovis fits there so, most likely, CD will leave. The only thing holding him back is his loyalty to SC and how close he is to graduating already. The pocket passer is the type of thing that LSU’s offense seems to want so CD may be nan ideal fit for them.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Apparently the NCAA Football games are still a no go even under these rule changes.

I guess the compensation for that would be challenging or whatever without a players union & the fact it’s like 130 teams with 85 scholarship players.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I hope they get rid of divisions across the board if playoff expansion happens. It’s f***ing stupid in the Big Ten specifically with Ohio State, Penn State, & Michigan all being in the same division.

The East division is 6-0 in the conference championship game since they made the divisions geographical.

Especially if you give out automatic bids to power conference winners.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Tennessee has to be one of those teams actually hoping the season never happens for recruiting purposes at this point? :laugh:
They do love their questionable character types. Pruitt is trying to cut the corners on rebuilding the program and is basically taking a flier on a bunch of kids.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They do love their questionable character types. Pruitt is trying to cut the corners on rebuilding the program and is basically taking a flier on a bunch of kids.

I think we were in the final five for that 5* LBer they just got. Not really sure how hard we were recruiting him though as I think it’s been rumored he assaulted a teacher or some shit.

I feel like their recruiting pitch is essentially riding the coattails of the SEC allure despite not really contributing to it themselves.

I honestly think in general there’s probably going to be more decommits around the country than normal if/when things open back up.

Reactions: flyershockey

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

247Sports has him as 4* on their own rankings but they’re always tweaking them on top of their large ranking updates. He’s a composite 3* but like I said before it will probably change now they know he’s actually playing football.

Like Rivals has him as 2* for example which I just imagine was a placeholder type of thing due to unknown as to whether he would even play football or not. They’re updating their rankings next week so I’d imagine he’ll get a bump there now. They only do large scale updates throughout the cycle.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014

247Sports has him as 4* on their own rankings but they’re always tweaking them on top of their large ranking updates. He’s a composite 3* but like I said before it will probably change now they know he’s actually playing football.

Like Rivals has him as 2* for example which I just imagine was a placeholder type of thing due to unknown as to whether he would even play football or not. They’re updating their rankings next week so I’d imagine he’ll get a bump there now. They only do large scale updates throughout the cycle.

That's awesome! Wonder where they'll have him play. They just got the 4* QB, so I'm guessing WR. Didn't read the article, so if it's in there, whoops. Thank God Dabo didn't reach out and try to keep him at Clemson

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That's awesome! Wonder where they'll have him play. They just got the 4* QB, so I'm guessing WR. Didn't read the article, so if it's in there, whoops. Thank God Dabo didn't reach out and try to keep him at Clemson

He’s got crazy position flexibility given his athleticism & size/frame. He’s not playing QB for Malvern Prep this year. He’s going to play WR on offense & S/LB on defense for them.

247Sports switched his position from QB to Athlete. They had him as 85 on their grade scale which is like a mid 3* as a QB. They bumped him to a 90 which is a low 4* star when they graded him as an Athlete.

Him & Liam Clifford are probably WR’s for now but they both have positional flexibility to the defensive side of the ball too depending what else they do at WR this cycle. They still have 4*’s Donte Thornton, Jalil Farooq, & Kaden Prather on the board that they’re probably in the top group of schools at worst for all those guys. Prather is probably on commit watch to Penn State.

Reactions: Cody Webster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad